Final

Skeleton Flower

 

When they found out, no one blamed Key when he decided to leave.
No one tried to stop Jonghyun from leaving with him.
As heartbroken as the fans were, no one protested. They somehow knew something was off. Rumors had been floating around for quite a while before Key actually left. His body had become smaller, paler, more fragile. He had become a translucent version of his previous self. Everything was there, but it was all muted, somehow more silent.
There were people who speculated on why Jonghyun left too, but nothing was ever confirmed or denied.
That was until fans started spotting them together in different places all over the world.
The sandy beaches of South Amearica, shops in Paris, hot springs in Japan, in hospitals everywhere they went.
Key, as fragile and ill as he looked, seemed happy. He seemed happy to be by Jonghyun's side. They happily sat together on park benches in England, hand in hand. It seemed to be for some kind of support - emotional or physical - no one knew.
They weren't trying to hide wherever they went, posting pictures of their locations on social media. They were spotted by fans daily, and they usually waved with a small smile as they moved along to their destination. Pictures were taken, posted, shared. Shawols all over the world saw the looks shared between them, and the feeling that surrounded them.
The remaining members of SHINee met up with them on occasion, as their schedules allowed. Their short vacations here or there, things never seemed to change. They'd laugh at the corners of coffee shops in New York, Key sipping tea rather than his usual Americano, Jonghyun's hand protectively on his knee at all times.
Jonghyun and Kibum would always go to the airport with them, either to catch a plane themselves, or to bid them goodbye.
When the inevitable happened, no one was prepared. They were coincidentally back in Korea, paying a visit to their families. It was late spring on a warm day when they went on a stroll through the park and Kibum suddenly collapsed. Jonghyun held him in his arms, tears streaming down his face as he screamed for help.
Kibum didn't make it to the hospital.
Along with Kibum, a piece of Jonghyun died.
The pain in his voice was evident as he held Kibum tightly to his chest and sobbed, screamed, and cried.
His memorial service was held a few days later, only open to close friends and family.
Fans stood outside holding candles and singing for their idol, tears doting their faces like dripping candle wax.
After that, SHINee disbanded completely, Jonghyun disappeared, the whole of SHINee World mourning their lost idols.
Not a year later, Jonghyun was found by his surviving members in his small apartment in Seoul.
They say he died of a broken heart.
Every available surface of his home covered in song lyrics and small messages to Kibum.
His memorial service was much like Kibum's, the voices of fans being heard from all around.
When the information that they were laid to rest next to each other was found out, no one questioned their relationship. Even before their deaths, people had a good idea as to what they were.
In death or in life, they remained together - side by side.
~
A/N
I woke up kinda early this morning and I felt angsty ;-;
Comments are appreciated!