Hungry

Prologue

Title: Rhythm
Genre: psychological, semi-
Pairing: chanyeol/kyungsoo, luhan/kai, implied!krisbaek
Length: 3, 647k
Warning: rated scenes
Note: hmm. this is it. i'm starting to weave a plot. laughs.

 

 

 

 

rhythm.

 

 

 

 

The party music blast can still be heard up to the next block, party goers are crowding this part of the city where clubs are everywhere. With their ty dresses, revealing shirts, tight skinny jeans and oozing whiff of , they are the most common type of people hunted by ers.

 

Around two in the morning, one by one they started to walk down the empty street and Chanyeol is watching them from the top of a tall building which gives him the perfect vantage point for his assignment. He was right about his theory earlier, a female in her pre-adolescence is too drunk to actually notice the shadow bending from the lamppost, it was moving like a fluid shadow, fleeting from a point to another but never leaving the dark. Vampires, Chanyeol felt the sizzle of his amulet, tiny pricks of electricity giving him warnings, they are quite far from him but with his perfectly trained night vision, he could clearly see the runaway trailing the lady before she turns right, loosing Chanyeol’s sight.

 

There was a loud shriek coming from that point but the music drowns the agonizing cry. Chanyeol can perfectly hear them, thus he moves.

 

Help!

 

The smell of blood, too thick.

 

Help! Someone…

 

The pulse is gone.

 

Chanyeol lands down softly on the brick road then goes running his limbs fast, one hand gripping the reaper, amulets glowing, giving off warnings through little shock waves, temperature beginning to burn against his skin as he neared the runaway. Vampires.  He was well trained to run after the specie.

 

The runaway turns left, the smell of blood clings on the creature leaving loose ends to track him down, too easy. Chanyeol jumps on a garbage bin, hooking the reaper to a windowsill, using it as a leverage to hoist him up. Chanyeol skillfully reaches for the edge of the roof, climbing fast then running through the top, he could perfectly see his target. The streets are dim, lamps barely illuminating the place. Chanyeol jumps down and braces himself for the impact, he winces a bit at the recoil. The runaway is still running when Chanyeol swung his weapon to his side, reaper extending long with a two meter silver stick handle and a double edge silver blade, red gem glistening in the middle.

 

“You have nowhere to go,” deep voice warns, red flame starting to grow from the gem, dark orbs coldly staring at the undead creature who snarls at him, he is a Lost, sharp teeth exposed, eyes in dangerous pitch black. Chanyeol smells the blood, dried and fresh, mixed altogether, it smells foul, like a decayed animal. Lost are like rabid dogs, he saw the lady earlier, neck ripped, chest eaten halfway and a pool of red blood around the body.

 

The flame grew bigger, swallowing the whole reaper blade until it was burning. The runaway crouches, waiting to attack. Its face is ashen, bloody, almost like a monster. It transformed, mutated into something lower than a vampire, an animal who only knows blood and nothing else. Chanyeol pities him, not only did it succumb to power, it let the bloodlust take control.

 

One swift move, it attacked Chanyeol, claws growing long, ready to shred a skin. Chanyeol grips on his weapon, taking a defensive position. The sharp claws came, Chanyeol dodged the attack, landing on his knees and swiftly turning around the runaway with a sway of his reaper. The flame grew bigger, blade hitting the runaway’s neck. Chanyeol pulled the weapon, beheading the creature until his flames sipped into the body, red changing to blue until the vampire turns into a pile of ash.

 

His silver amulet glows under the moonlight as he chases oxygen. Chanyeol glances at the pile before his shoes and snorted. Another runaway was taken down, another one to his endless list. He should probably ask Minseok to take a quarter off his load.

 

“Fancy, that was fast.” Chanyeol cranes up to give Kyungsoo an irritated look. “I thought he’ll hurl you down even before you could slay him with that long reaper.” Kyungsoo has his smug face that means he got quite a number off the list, probably thrice of what Chanyeol worked tonight.

 

The taller spit on the street, his breath still ragged. “I told you, reapers are good.” Chanyeol wipes the streak of sweat cascading down his brow, he wants to go home and probably take a bath. He smells vampire and sweat and smoke and garbage. He thumbed the crest engraved on the handle of his reaper, “Much better than your sword.”

 

Kyungsoo hears nothing, acts as if Chanyeol says nothing offensive about his choice of killing vampires. Kyungsoo slits them in half, creatures of the dark, or directly stabs their heart. Chanyeol beheads them or wounds them deep with the silver then burns them to dirt. Both ways, they still heartlessly murder ers without batting eyelashes—a gut you’ll earn after years of experience with being a licensed vampire hunter.

 

“We should head off and report.” Chanyeol draws the reaper to the holster on his back but not before it shortens the handle. After the gruesome hunting, papers and reports should be done before they go home. The office tallies the official count of runaways mingling with the mortals. The amount of missing persons raked up almost alarming that they want every ers lurking within the watch of the organization be wiped out of their existence.

 

Kyungsoo agreed, smirk still clinging on his lips as he vanishes on the roof. Chanyeol blinks twice and releases a sigh. He has yet to learn some of Kyungsoo’s tricks, he uses his motorcycle for transportation and it is such a waste of money to drive halfway the city.

 

Darkness is the birth of evil. It is a general knowledge of the many to avoid walking alone in the dark though the fact that vampires do exist is still hidden beneath the tall piles of leather books aging centuries ago. People are free from fear of getting snugged on their way home. They only fear the thieves, the corrupt government, the murderers, but not the ers they probably join seats in the bar or walk past through in the street. The organization with the help of the government’s fund provides help for the weak, justice for the lost, and death for the greedy. Hunters are well trained, fearless, stealth, a mortal killing machine set to exterminate filthy blood ers. They hunt, kill, rinse and repeat.

 

Chanyeol had been with the job for almost long enough he couldn’t even count the vampires he slayed. He’s probably on their death list, neither did he care. Chanyeol is quite formidable but never enough to go solo. Kyungsoo is his partner, in almost everything. They do work together, although separate, submit files and reports together, and come home together. Kyungsoo is equivalent to Chanyeol’s reaper, without it, he’s vulnerable.

 

“What took you so long?” Baekhyun hisses as he opens the door for the two. The clock says four in the morning, the dawn is approaching. Sleep is visible in Baekhyun’s face, eyes barely opened and the damp trail of drool down his chin. “I’ve been waiting for the two of you,” he rushed back to the open room and Chanyeol followed. Kyungsoo padded his behind him.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and kicked his dirtied sneakers off. Chanyeol clumsily followed. “Thank your ever loving partner for giving as another set of recon assignments. Honestly, please tie him down on the bed and do your thing. I think you deprived him of his man’s needs too much that he vents his frustrations on us.”

 

“True,” Chanyeol nodded eagerly, dropping off the heavy weapon on the floor. He cracked his shoulder and it felt so good. “The man looks so angry everytime I see him.”

 

“We fought, that’s why.” Baekhyun turns to give them a smirk. He places a hand on his hip and smugly flicked his bangs away. “This needs some begging and worshipping.” Baekhyun smacked his and Chanyeol gags.

 

“I don’t want to hear any of your ual exploits. But better fix that Byun Baekhyun. We are suffering.” Kyungsoo pushes past Baekhyun to get water from the fridge. Chanyeol chuckles a bit and follows Kyungsoo, as usual.

 

“Fine, I’ll book us a room motel room,” it sounded so cheery, Kyungsoo splutters on his drink. Baekhyun cackles evilly, he thinks he scored another point above Do Kyungsoo. The flustered hunter coughs violently, hitting his chest continuously that alarms Chanyeol. He rushed to Kyungsoo’s side and soothed his back. He whispered something that made Kyungsoo pout and nod.

 

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun, face unimpressed. “You’re making Soo uncomfortable.”

 

“My house, my rules, my words.” Baekhyun beams much to Kyungsoo’s chagrin.

 

The smaller hunter angrily stomped his feet pass Baekhyun, subtly unsubtly nudging Baekhyun’s shoulder that sent him stumbling. Kyungsoo shot him a death glare and Chanyeol knew it’s the best to stay away from an angry Kyungsoo. “I will sock your mouth.”

 

“Come on, Soo. It’s not like you don’t let him you against the wall.” Baekhyun raised a thumb pointing to a wide eyed blushing Chanyeol. It only makes Kyungsoo’s face darker like he’s facing an Ancient face to face.

 

“Chanyeol, hold me or I will cut Baekhyun’s tongue. I don’t care about Kris. I will shut him up for good.” Kyungsoo says in gritted teeth. His small fingers balled in a tight fist. Baekhyun seems amused, it is not obvious, Kyungsoo’s relationship with Chanyeol. They don’t deny anything but as normal people see it, it was all platonic. You have to know Kyungsoo more to actually sense the care he has for Chanyeol. Sometimes Baekhyun hates seeing them act as partners with no strings attached so he really does his best to rile up Kyungsoo.

 

“Baekhyun,” the latter rolled an eye and sighed. Chanyeol is using his warning tone on him.

 

He was about to make a good comeback when a shriek resounded from one of the rooms. Baekhyun screeches and hurriedly rushed to where it is coming from. Kyungsoo’s dark expression falls into a slight fright and worry. He stood idly as he watches Baekhyun running. Only then when Chanyeol grabbed his hand did he snap back from the odd memories painfully flashing through his eyes. “Let’s see him.” Chanyeol murmured, touching Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

Kyungsoo was too out of it, trembling a little, no signs of his fearlessness when he slays vampires. He looks so normal, so afraid. Chanyeol gently pulled him to where Baekhyun is. The door was left ajar and the light is slightly dim. They both walked inside.

 

“How is he?” Chanyeol asks, face weary and tired. He glances to the side where the bed is located. Kyungsoo is still glued to his side, he was biting his lower lip, hand holding Chanyeol’s grips tighter. “Is he recovering, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun took out a vial from the nightstand, he handed it to Chanyeol before sitting back on the edge of the bed. “Barely breathing. He suffered a lot from the last battle,” he reaches out to pull the sheet up to Sehun’s chin. “I will need more of the healer’s potion for the wounds. You can also invite Yixing to come over.”

 

Kyungsoo shuts his eyes close, he remembers that night, April 20th, hunters were attacked by large scale of newborns. Sehun was one of the lucky hunters who survived, the others, ten of them were torn apart limb from limb until they are unrecognizable, some are taken for food and probably drained to death. It was all written down in the history of the organization, April 20th, it shall serve as a wake-up call to all hunters, vampires should be slayed, shown no mercy, staked to death or burned to ashes.

 

Chanyeol let’s go of Kyungsoo’s hand but worms his arm around the latter’s waist, holding him closer. Everytime he sees Sehun, he wants to turn day back into night and rip out every nest they could locate. He wants revenge, Kyungsoo wants revenge, everyone in the organization wants revenge for their fallen brothers. Baekhyun wants revenge too, for his brother. “I don’t want him to wake up,” Kyungsoo started softly, Chanyeol looks down on him. Baekhyun stills. “He’ll suffer more, your brother is dead,” he chokes on his own words, like reality if a big slap to his face.

 

“I know. We can’t do anything about it.”

 

Baekhyun bites his lower lip, he wish Kris is here with him. “I hope he’ll accept the news well, my brother’s death will snap something in Sehun. I don’t want to see him losing himself.”

 

“We are here for him,” Kyungsoo says softly, the face of his hunter persona completely shed off of his body, no arrogance, no killing instincts, no fearless eyes, just Kyungsoo who was afraid of death.

 

Chanyeol nods, dropping his chin on top of Kyungsoo, eyes looking at Sehun’s form, limp, lifeless, wounded, half dead. Chanyeol will make it, he’ll protect Kyungsoo. He will, he swears to his last breath. Chanyeol places a kiss on Kyungsoo’s crown. “Let’s go home,” he softly murmured and the smaller nodded.

 

 

--

 

 

Jongin flops down on the mattress, Luhan is sitting with his back resting against a pillow. He was eagerly sipping a blood bag that Jongin gave him. The hunger will be in his system for the next weeks and it is a must that newborns should be fed. “Still hungry?” he softly asks, fingers skimming to swipe Luhan’s bangs to the side. The blond peers at him with wide eyes, crimson red.

 

“Hungry,” Luhan mumbled through the bag, blood pooling out of his mouth. He omphed and clumsily the red fluid with his tongue obscenely, like a child, a baby. “I’m still hungry,” he sipped the last drop of blood and wiped his mouth with sleeves of his white tunic. Luhan frowns at the empty blood bag, eyes turning into slits. Jongin chuckles. Lovely.

 

“Do you want me to feed you?” he scooted closer to Luhan, neck baring the flawless skin, bite marks healed completely without a trace. Luhan beams and clutches his arms around Jongin’s waist, “Yes, father. I’m hungry, I’m hungry.” The thought of feeding excites Luhan.

 

Jongin hastily bit his lips, hard, to cut the soft muscle and draw blood. Luhan snapped his head up, red irises blown, glinting as he pushes his way up to Jongin’s bottom lip. Luhan was so lost, they stumbled down on the bed, Luhan on top of Jongin, lapping the sweet fluid from his maker. Luhan moans in satisfaction, he needs to feed.

 

Luhan closes his eyes, taking Jongin’s lip between his, on it gently then harshly, tugging it to bleed it more. His tongue swipes at the wound, Jongin smiles as he places his both hand around Luhan’s waist, stopping him from squirming too much. Luhan slid a hand around Jongin’s neck and pulls away, string of mixed saliva and blood connecting their mouth, Jongin’s skin burns.

 

The next thing is that Jongin is chasing Luhan’s lips, catching it effectively and trapping it inside his own. He kissed the blond newborn languidly, coaxing him to open his mouth, Luhan opens up for him and Jongin shoved his tongue in Luhan’s mouth. The cut on his lip starts to bleed again and Luhan happily sips the liquid, catching every beads of red forming on his maker’s lower lip.

 

“I feel weird, father.” Luhan tilts his head. Jongin shoves his body up, elbows supporting their weight. Luhan is sitting on top of his stomach, both legs straddling Jongin. “I’m hungry and I feel weird.” Luhan dumbly says, wondering why he feels burning.

 

Jongin cups his face and gave his nose a soft peck. “Do you feel hot, baby?” Luhan nodded, face flushed and mouth bloody. He looks thoroughly disheveled. “Do you feel your stirring?” Luhan curiously glances down and finds a tent forming against the tunic. He blushes madly when he met Jongin’s eyes. “I’m hard, father. What do I do?” he softly asked though there is a trace of worry but his mind is blank, he knows nothing, like a newborn child. He doesn’t know what to do. Jongin smiles at him.

 

Tracing his fingertips from Luhan’s forehead, down to his cheek, to his pulse-point, feeling nothing but dead beat and cold skin, Jongin steals another kiss. “Father is hard too, what do you want me to do, baby?” Jongin sits up completely and Luhan slides down, settling on top of Jongin’s bulge, it grazes Luhan’s hard that had the blond whimpering at the contact. Jongin bucks his hips subtly, poking Luhan’s crack. Luhan whimpers again, this time squirming to feel more, have more of that feeling. “What do you want me to do, Luhan?” Jongin purred Luhan’s name and the blond sinks deeper to feel his , enticing something in Jongin that draws a soft gasp from his lips.

 

“I want this,” Luhan breathlessly says, grinding his down on Jongin’s bulge curiously. He did it once, twice, rutting slowly, hard, feeling it as he moans softly. “Father, I want this.”

 

Jongin snapped his hips up roughly, Luhan chokes and draws out the filthiest sound Jongin has heard of him. “Like this?” he asks, jerking up to grind their clothed members together. Luhan moans, meeting Jongin half way, his jaws fall and eyes shut close, long lashes fluttering in pleasure.

 

“Y-Yes, yes, father.” Luhan claws his tunic, wanting it out of his body, the temperature gets hot, so hot. He wants his clothes out. “Father—“

 

Jongin runs his tongue across Luhan’s throat, under his jaws. He peppered Luhan with butterfly kisses, soft and gently, opposite of how he ruts his to feel Luhan’s hardness. “Father will undress you, baby.” Jongin tugged the cotton trousers. Luhan wears no underwear. He flung it somewhere in the room and hastily palmed the slit of Luhan’s . The newborn drops his forehead against Jongin’s shoulder, panting hard. Jongin flicked his wrist, palm rolling on the head, Luhan lets out a strangled cry.

 

“Father,” Luhan pants, hot puffs hitting Jongin’s burning skin. They are both dead, cold and heartless but the arousal burns their skin, warm to hot, hotter, Jongin sweats. “Father, let me bite.” The fangs are out again, waiting for his maker to say yes.

 

Jongin clamped his hand around Luhan’s hardness, gripping it hard then tugging it loosely, lazy, in slow agonizing manner. Luhan hisses, the need to bite is getting too much. Jongin pumps him, breathing ragged. “Father, father—let me—ugh—let me bite.” Luhan pleaded in between his moans. Jongin cups his balls, tugging it slowly, fumbling the sac, nails scratching the base of Luhan’s . “No,” Jongin firmly answers.

 

Luhan growls at him, losing his mind, he is hungry, he wants to bite. Luhan bared his teeth, eyes shifting color from red to golden, Jongin squeezed his that knocked Luhan a breath. The newborn is sobbing, the need is too much. “Please,” he begged his maker.

 

Jongin pumped him fast, changing pace. The stimulation starts to build up inside Luhan. There was a snap and Luhan’s eyes rolls on pain and pleasure, Jongin is suddenly biting him in the neck, his blood, sharp teeth tearing his skin. Then Jongin’s hand is no more, Luhan’s curves to his stomach painfully, precome pooling out. Luhan cried and thrashes, trying to buck his hips for friction but Jongin deprived him of his .

 

When Jongin pulls away, he bend down and nuzzled Luhan’s stomach, nosing the skin, smelling the sweet arousal just inches away from his face, his breath hits Luhan’s . Luhan whines, hand sliding to hold on Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin sniffed, he smiled then he poked his tongue out, swiping the precome. He moaned, his baby tastes good.

 

“Father—“ Luhan sobs, Jongin felt a bit pity. He wants to make him feel good but the eyes watching them irked him. He pulls away, sitting properly. Luhan’s face has bead of blood from his eyes. Luhan chokes a sob, lips trembling and eyes pleading Jongin. “Shh, baby.” He placed a kiss on Luhan’s forehead, a second after, the blond falls unconscious in Jongin’s arms.

 

“What do you want, insolent bastard?” the softness of his features turns into something humans would identify as nightmare. Jongin’s eyes turns to blue, then golden, then red. The flashes are too fast until it settles into a shade terrifyingly black.

 

An amused laugh echoes in the sudden silence of the room. A pair of red eyes gleams in the darkness. “I know that hunter.” It singsonged. Jongin looks so pissed he’ll bolt towards his brother and slam his head against the marbled floor but he doesn’t want to leave his newborn.

 

“Joonmyeon,” Jongin warns and the laughter grows louder.

 

“You brought a hunter to the family.” Joonmyeon emerges from shadow. “But I think, he’s quite a gorgeous babe. I like him.”

 

“I don’t owe you any explanation. It was your fault why I had to turn him. You and Jongdae, it was the both of you who did that.”

 

Joonmyeon disappeared from where he is standing, “We need entertainment. Besides, it looks fun, those humans scattering like frightened ants.” Joonmyeon is lying on the bed, flicking hair playfully. He pushed himself up and turns to face Jongin. He poked Luhan’s bare thighs, “You, however, picked a good one.” Jongin grabbed Joonmyeon’s wrist, breaking the bones with a crack that only makes Joonmyeon’s amusement to notch. He laughed so hard even with his oddly bent hand.

 

“Don’t touch him,” Jongin growled.

 

Joonmyeon gave him one fleeting smirk that tells hundreds of words until he disappears once again.