Anger

Play Hard

I wanted to run away. As quickly as possible. I looked around, searching for every possible way out of this room. And then I felt Hakyeons hand on me - suddenly, plan came to my head. I leaned to Hakyeon, frowning.

“I’m not feeling very well,” I said quietly not wanting Jackson to hear my words. And thanks to the chatter of others my voice really didn’t reach his ears. “Can you take me home please?”

Hakyeon quickly nodded and then turned to Jackson. “Can we talk later, Jackson? This is not really the best time.”
“I have time now, not later. It can’t wait, Hakyeon. You have to know the-“

“Not. Now.” Hakyeon stood up, taking me with him by the hand.

“Wait, really…!” Jackson tried to stop us by harshly squeezing my arm. I squealed, shocked by the sudden pressure.

The eyes Hakyeon shot at Jackson were so cold I almost saw him shiver. He took step back, watching us turn around and go to tell my manager we were leaving. He just nodded, telling me the time I have to be on set later.

 

Once seated with Hakyeon in his managers car, he turned to me, his eyes still somehow cold.

“You’re not really feeling ill, are you? What happened?” 

“Jackson, he is,” I started with heavy sigh, “too quick to react sometimes. I just didn’t want him to make a scene in front of all those people.”

“Scene? About what exactly?” Hakyeon closed his eyes for a second, probably calming himself. “I’m missing something and I really don’t like that. Jackson is not my closest friend but I don’t want to be rude to him without proper reason.”

I checked his manager squirming in his seat, eyeing us in the rear-view mirror.

“He is hurt that I’m dating you,” I said simply, hoping that would be explanatory enough for him.

“Why?” No, don’t ask please.

“Because he’s jealous.”

“Jealous?” I really wanted him to stop asking questions but I guess even in a fake relationship you shouldn’t keep important things secret, right? “What was so important? He wanted to tell me something, it sounded serious.”

“You know they said we were dating for a year already, right?” I waited for some response but when nothing came, I continued. “Well, half year ago me and Jackson. We had… something… going on between us…”

“You dated?” He was so expressionless, it was hard to read his mind.

“No, we didn’t. Well, almost… But not. We just had few…” I couldn’t speak properly, like something was deep in my throat, not letting the right words out.

“So you slept together?”

By the way my face grew white and my hands started shaking, he could probably guess the right answer.

“That could everything up,” Hakyeons manager said from the front seat, gripping steering wheel harder in his hands. “If he tells someone, it could be the end - for Hakyeon, you - and probably for Jackson too. And I’m not even talking about your new album.”

“I’m sure he won’t tell anyone.”

“Really? But he was really eager to tell me,” Hakyeon spitted looking pretty annoyed. And I wasn’t surprised. He was getting through all this “relationship” perfectly to achieve that wanted first place on charts. And I was so close to ruining it all.

“Because he feels like you should know I’m 'cheating ’.” It surprised me, how calm I actually was. Was I really sure that he won’t tell? He was my best friend, half of my life, he wouldn’t do something this stupid, right? “His words, by the way.”

“Are you absolutely positive that he won’t tell?”

“Not 100%,” I admitted.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes and kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

 

We parked in front of my companies building. I spun to Hakyeon and offered him a reassuring smile, but he turned away for me, not even sparing me one single look.

“I’m sorry, Hakyeon, I-”

“Just go,” he cut me off, closing the door with loud thud behind me. I stood on the sidewalk, watching his car leave and suddenly I felt so weak.

The last thing I wanted to do was make Hakyeon angry or upset.

 

***

 

Week later and Hakyeon still gave me silent treatment. No sweet things, no hugs and no smiles my way. The only time he talked to me properly was during our dance sessions and still he mostly scolded me for my horrible dancing skills.

“Will you finally talk to me normally, please?” I asked him one day, chasing him after we called it a night. “I will talk with Jackson and solve everything, I swear.”

“You don’t have to, I already talked to him.” He finally spoke to me but because of what he said I couldn’t even try to be happy. “I called him and we met. He told me everything.”

“How did you react? Did you tell him our relationship is fake?”

“No, I kept my face straight,” he answered. “I thanked him for telling me.”

That shocked me. “Thanked him?”

“Yes.” Hakyeon still didn’t even looked at me. He sat with his back to me, staring into his phone. But in the mirror on the wall I could see the change of expressions in his face. “He tried to be a good friend and tell me that my ‘girlfriend' is cheater.”

It was like he slapped me across my face. The coldness was new - I saw him in a new light and I didn’t like it, at all.

“Don’t you maybe… want to hear my side of story?”

“No, I don’t care. I just wanted to shut him up, I don’t care about your past. Or his.”

“Then why are you acting like this?” My chest was rising and falling too quickly and I couldn’t say if it was from the hard dance practice or the anger that started bubbling deep in my veins.

“Acting like what?” He turned to me and looked me dead in the eyes. Oh, I knew this look from Jackson. It was the same look he gave me the morning he saw the couple pictures of me and Hakyeon.

“You’re cold to me. You’re not talking to me, you’re not looking at me.”

“I’m looking at you right now,” he chuckled and raised his eyebrows. “I don’t know what you’re getting at.”

1…2…3…4… I was really close to breaking down, tears prickling in my eyes. I hated that I was angry crier.

“Hakyeon I already said I’m sorry I endangered our careers but it all happened way before this deal was made. You have absolutely no reason to be angry at me!” I almost screamed in his face, my voice raising with every word that left my mouth.

“I have NO REASON?!” He sprung from his chair, standing too close to me. I had hard time gulping down my tears now, I was too scared. “I think I have pretty good ing reason, Mi Yeon. You didn’t tell me about all this and you… You should have told me before we made this agreement! You should have told me that you and Jackson are in love and I would never ever press you into this ing thing.”

I stared into his eyes not caring about the tears anymore. I let them fall down my face, hoping they would maybe make him less angry. Maybe he would start to pity me. But he didn’t. “You don’t even know how angry you’re making me!”

“Well I’m sorry I didn’t know it was so important!!” I yelled. “I’m sorry I ed up. I really am. But it’s over between me and Jackson.”

“Well, he said that it’s not over. That you’re not over.”

“See? You believed him! HIM! What about asking me what I think? Yeah, right, that’s not important.” I sobbed, turning to leave. “I can’t believe you, Hakyeon. I thought you’re better than this…”

“I hate you,” he gritted through his teeth and before I could say anything, before I could even take some air in my lungs, I felt my back pressing hard against the mirror wall and his lips capturing mine.

It was different than all the light kissed he gave me in front of cameras. It was better and worse at the same time. The way his mouth moved on mine, it had every emotion, every single thought Hakyeon had in his head. It said everything and anything about us, about me and him together and alone.

I felt he was saying something by the kiss. And I was sure with one thing - it wasn’t ‘I hate you’.

_________________________

I wrote this in the bus with some guy staring over my shoulder. I hope he had good time reading even though I doupt he could speak english xD

Well, I enjoy writing it and believe it or not, I actually got really angry while writing the last part.

Sorry for any errors and gramatical mistakes. I'm really ty proof reader :D

Tell me what you think and thank you for subscribing! <3