Picnic

Play Hard

“Is this really necessary?” Hakyeon just nodded and squeezed my hand harder, afraid that I would run away.

“I’m going to kill all of them,” I cursed under my breath and I saw him trying to hide quiet laugh. He was one step ahead, pulling me with him. “Where are we going anyway?”

“They mentioned picnic in park.”

According to PDnim, fans are not really convinced of our relationship because they haven’t seen any proving pictures of us together. So staff prepared ‘date' - in the busiest and most famous dating places of Seoul if I may add. They planned everything to detail - what are we going to do, where is the best place for getting caught on camera, what should we talk about and what skinship we should show. They even dressed us up into matching clothes! For god’s sake, I was feeling sick.

Hakyeon stopped and turned around to look at me. “You have to smile, Mi Yeon. I’m not sure if ‘i hate everyone’ is appropriate mood for a date.”

“Yeah, well it’s not date,” I spitted.

“Mmm…Try to think of it as an afternoon with your gay friend.”

“I don’t have any gay friends,” I replied dryly. He started laughing.

“Or you just don’t know it about them yet. You know, idols are very good at lying and hiding the truth from others. Just like you and I.” He smiled at me sweetly and something inside me snapped. I realized it was the angry wall, slowly crumbling to the ground and disappearing. How could I be angry when he looked at me with those eyes? “You played in drama, right? Just act it out.”

And then he leaned closer to me and planted small kiss on my forehead. With little girly giggle he started walking again.

“Why do I think you’re enjoying this?” 

“Because I am,” he shrugged and pulled me to his side with his arm around my shoulders.”Let’s have fun, jagiya.”

 

When we arrived to the park, the picnic was already prepared. There were drinks and some food containers in a basket along with instructions. I stared at the points and shivered with anger again.

When Hakyeon saw my expression he quickly took the paper and crumbled it into small ball, throwing it far away from us.

“We don’t need directions, right?” He opened small container with fruit and put one slice of apple into his mouth. “Omo, it’s really good. I love sliced apples.”

“What’s so special about it being sliced?” I wondered with a small smile.

Biting on another piece of fruit he pouted a little bit, looking absolutely adorable. This dork. “It tastes different! And especially if someone else cuts them for you! Try it.”

I reached to him but he slapped my hand away. Instead he fed me with very cute grin playing on his lips.

“Wow,” I breathed in surprise, “it really does taste different.”

“See? I told you!”

 

We ate everything that was prepared for us while trying to learn new things about each other. Hakyeon was lying on his back with head on my lap, his eyes closed. From time to time I combed trough his hair with fingers. They were surprisingly soft, not at all damaged.

We were asking random questions back and forth. Like which color is our favorite and what food do we love.

Suddenly, some small girl, not older than eight or nine years old, came running to us. She stopped two meters away and stared at us for a while.

“Hi, do you need something, sweetie?” I asked and Hakyeon’s eyes shot open. He sat up and looked at the petite girl in front of him.

“I like… I-I-I am a fan…” she stuttered.

“You’re my fan?” Hakyeon asked with a playful grin. “That’s so cute!”

But the girl shook her head and pointed at me. “I like… Mi Yeon unnie.”

Just one look on Hakyeon’s face was enough to make me laugh very loud. I slowly crawled to the little girl, caging her in a hug.

“What’s your name?” I caressed her cheek.

“Yu Nae,” she whispered.

“You’re very cute Yu Nae.” Ruffling her hair, I smiled. “Can I do anything for you? Do you want my sign or… do you maybe want to sit with us for a while?”

She shook her head again. “My mommie is waiting for me.” And then she handed me piece of paper and pen, silently asking if I could scribble my name there. I wrote a short message for her and singed it.

I noticed that Hakyeon was sitting with his back facing us. “Can you do something for me in return, Yu Nae?” She nodded shortly. “Go to oppa and give him a little kiss. I think he’s upset that you like me and not him.” Yu Nae very slowly walked up to Hakyeon. Embracing him with her little arms, she pressed sweet kiss to his puffed cheek. It surprised him and made him grin like an idiot.

“I like oppa N too,” Yu Nae said to him. “I just like unnie more, because she is very beautiful.”

“And I’m not?” he wondered, one eyebrow slightly raised.

“Oppa is handsome.”

Waving good bye, Yu Nae left us, running back to her mom. I watched her happily hug older lady. With one final wave to her I turned my attention back to Hakyeon. He was watching me with very stupid expression.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Nothing… I just really love kids.” I took clean water and sipped from the bottle. “I see you love them too.”

“I do.”

“How many kids do you want?”

I thought about it for a moment before answering. “Two or three. But with minimal age difference so they can understand each other better.”

“What about twins?”

“I would love to have twins. Twins are the cutest thing ever.”

“Okay. Let’s have twins then,” he told me like it was the most obvious thing ever. I coughed, unable to say anything. 

“Hakyeon, st-“

He took my face into his hands and pressed his lips against mine for a moment, silencing me. A part of me wanted to slap him or get away from him, but the bigger and stronger me enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

“Cameras are here,” he whispered against my lips before pulling away and lying back into my lap.