Chapter 3: Remembering and the start of a new problem

Distant Memory

Kim Nana placed the journal inside her personalized black bag, looking at the clock, she knew that it was dismissal time and that she'd have the perfect opportunity to interrogate Sun Woo.

Her phone vibrated, checking it out, she saw the sender's name; Eun ha.

"Kim Nana, we're all heading to ahjusshi's basement, wanna join?" 

-Eun ha

Nana sent an 'ok' and quickly left her house to head towards the basement. A ton of questions bombarded her mind as she walked towards her destination, did Sun Woo forget about her just as she had forgotten about him?

Without noticing, she had bumped into someone they had considered an enemy; Ma Joon Hee. Kim Nana ended up tumbling backwards, painfully falling at her .

He smirked and looked down at Kim Nana. He offered a hand, only for it to be slapped.Kim Nana made a 'tsk' sound as she pulled herself up and walked away.

Ma Joon Hee looked at her with fascination, "You're as feisty as the time I first met you." He muttered under his breath, smiling at the thought.

Kim Nana passed another street and finally found the traditional wooden door. Knocking on it, the ahjusshi opened the door and let her in without hesitation. 

She ran downstairs, seeing the whole group huddled together forming a circle. Everybody looked at the bothered looking Kim Nana.

Kim Nana walked towards Sun Woo who was looking at her as well, she looked serious, grabbing the journal from her bag, she threw it towards Sun Woo who looked very surprised.

Sun Woo stood up and faced Kim Nana with a very angry look.

"Why do you have this?!" He exclaimed, losing his perfectly calm composure. He immediately grabbed the journal and looked back at Kim Nana.

"Yah, why are you two fighting?!" Eun ha asked in a shouting manner, Seol Chan looked a bit amused, Do nam and Kyu dong were about to intervene, and Se yi looked at the two with curiousity.

"Yah Kim Nana, answer me." This time he regained his composure, yet interrogated Kim Nana seriously.

"It's mine." She replied, Sun Woo looked like he was lost, till he snapped back to reality.

"I don't believe you..., this is my bestfrie-"

"Kim." She intervened. "I'm Kim, it's my last name right?"

Sun Woo dropped the journal from his hands and stared at Kim Nana with wide eyes. He grabbed Kim Nana's hand and pulled her outside. Giving everybody the look, the group understood that they should not eavesdrop.

Right after they were upstairs, Sun Woo did the unimaginable, making One of Kim Nana's dreams come true.

He embraced Kim Nana, leaving a very speechless Kim Nana not knowing what to do. His embrace tightened, Nana never noticed how tall he was, how much he towered over her.

He let go, Nana was trying her best to put on her usual cool facade, but she terribly failed at it. Instead she looked away, trying her best to avoid eye contact.

"After all this time of searching, who would've thought that something so simple would make the puzzle complete."

Suddenly, Kim Nana's phone started ringing, looking irritated as ever, she picked it up to see that it was a call from her dad. 

"Nana, something terrible is about to happen. Follow my orders obediently, alright." He ordered.

"What's happening." Nana asked nonchalantly.

"An enemy gang has infiltrated the city, our territories are target places. To ensure your safety I'm entrusting you to that president for the mean while till the problem has ceased."

Sun Woo grabbed the phone upon hearing his name and began talking to Kim Nana's father.

"I'm entrusting my daughter to you, I trust you. Please comply to my plea, take my daughter under your wing for the mean time." 

Sun Woo looked at Kim Nana with a problematic face, "I...understand. Then she will be staying at our house for the mean time."

Kim Nana looked at Sun Woo with wide-eyes, unable to process what was about to happen.She; Kim Nana, Is gonna stay under the same roof as Sun Woo?

Sun Woo ended the call and gave it back to Kim Nana. 

"Come on, it's much safer there." With that, Sun Woo dragged Kim Nana outside and into their car.

To Be Continued...