The Types of Fangirl (and Fanboy)

A Day in a Life of a Fangirl

In my perspective, there are different kinds of Fangirl (and Fanboy).

The Concert Manic. They are those who are willing to spend all their money to see their oppas/hyungs, unnies/noonas, dongsaengs and bias personally and even if they will have a moment of cardiac arrest the (almost) close-up interaction is all so perfect. They also come in different subtypes: (1) The Photographers. Do not forget those cameras and a bag full of different kinds of lens known to man. (2) The Chanters/Back-up Singers. No, they are not screaming. They are singing their heart out to show their idols that they know the song even to the last beat. You can also see them with a lightstick/a banner/a fan containing the name of their certain bias (if in group). And going once is not enough. Seeing them just adds fuel to the fire of wanting to be able to reach their dreams once again if it costs them 24 hours of camping and just 2 hours of seeing them.

The Collector. They are also those who buys everything from the latest albums, posters, stuff related to k-pop or any other related Korean products that will make one feel that they are beside their bias which they can talk to, eat with, be with, sleep with and all. If it’s not available in their country shipping is the solution (duh).This includes clothing, bedroom stuff, school supplies, daily essentials and probably even cleaning stuff they have it all. There will always be a part of their house wherein a shrine(s) placed up just for a an idol.

The Reverse Cinderella. They are those who are willing to wait for the clock to strike 12 midnight just to hear firsthand the on-line release track or watch and ogle at the music videos released on the internet. And as easy as it may look like, they are living it hard with trying to stay quiet and not to wake up the whole neighborhood because somebody just did a hip . And yes, sleep is for the weak.

The Listeners. They are the passive type who just found kpop and other Korean music to their liking. No, don't expect them to even memorize the names and match with the face which looks all the same to them nor knowing the whole album. They are there for the music appreciating every bit of it even if they don't know a single word. However, thank them for they are one of those contributors in the views of a music video and probably increases the online popularity of the song.

The Bloggers. They are those who are well-known in the internet industry next to a certain group or idol. They are like the managers’ secret assistant in spreading latest news and conditions. The first ones to get to the news are those also the ones who get to post it first. They are also said to be well known detectives with unending rewinding of various types of videos and searching for evidence to confirm the rumors circulating.

The Writers. Fancition is love. Fanfiction is life. Alternate universes are their forte. Everyone is shipped with anyone. As far as the imagination of someone goes a story appears! Their works are like a secret life of a certain idol as they get the personalities right. The pairings, the plot, the lesson. Another fan won’t be able to have to think too deeply imagine the characters physique since s/he already have an idea then the partner, if a love story, could be the reader. The idol doesn’t need to be an actor or actress since many roles have been played already in the fanfiction realm.

The Sasaengs. As much as they are hated for not giving the idols’ their privacy up to the point of doing something really bat crazy, they contribute to the society by revealing the not-so-deepest secrets anymore of the idols from the coffee shop a certain idol always go to (thanks to that certain used tissue picked up and plastered in an album) to what type of underwear they wear (though they stole it, I wonder what they do to it) they are errrr quite helpful. They just need some discipline and constraint when they go way too overboard. Though overboard is somehow their middle name.

 

Money. Time. Sweat. Blood. Soul. Life. That is how the Fangirl/Fanboy Economy works. Nothing is free. As they have said, you can’t acquire something without giving up another thing. Whatever form one has taken, everything is worth it the moment they see, hear, imagine and feel their idol. Though different, we are all one and the same. To every Fangirl and Fanboy out there, Aja! Fighting! \\(^O^)//

 



LOL. This just came out of nowhere just now and I just gave out what I know about the Fangirl life. I even included Fanboys though I really don't know how their system works though I bet it's pretty much the same. And I know there are still some kinds missing and I'm still out to discover it. If you know some more kind please do comment them and I'll research on these new found species. xD

Inspired by Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl and it gave me feels. Wish I have that kind of magic same as Magicath (Cather Avery) TT^TT

-mjlulu