A Normal Day

A Day in a Life of a Fangirl

Slowly getting conscious and aware of my surroundings, as my senses take their time getting activated one by one, I realized that I'm on my bed, at the top of a double deck, inside my dorm, and I just woke up from a peaceful, well-rested sleep.

Slightly disoriented, I turned to my phone checking the time. 5:35 a.m. Not bad. I still have 1 hour and 25 minutes before my first class starts. I then got my ipad and as I turned it on, a smile crept up my face. What a way to start my day, I may say.

'Morning BaoBei' I whispered as I saw LuHan's face on my lock screen.

Deciding to search on youtube for something to watch in order to kill some time, I opted for live performances that I haven't seen yet. Last Romeo by Infinite. I'm not an Inspirit and only know Sunggyu and Dongwoo and some guy called Hoya but man this song got me hooked to them since the day I listened to it. I was enjoying the show and then I found myself watching other groups performances, also rewatching some that I have seen before. Beast, Block B, Apink, f(x), and many more. I was too caught up with what I'm doing until I noticed the time and I have to take a bath already and prepare for my class.

I sighed. As much as I want to stay longer on the internet and just do what I am best at I have to postpone it until my duties are done first.


Man. Classes were such a drag. During lesson. wherein I halfheartedly listened, I got bored and eventually I can't help my mind from wandering off on such things like: What to eat? What is the next thing to study? Are there assignments for tomorrow? What fanfic am I going to read next? Have my friends replied to my messages?  What could be the next episode of END? I wonder what rumors I might see this time. How about Luhan and Kris? Are the seeing each other? I miss them. A lot.

I bet if my brain could complain, it would've scolded me for thinking about the things mentioned 80% of the time than studying. My actions like eating, spending money are too routinely that I don't have to think about it all that much.

Oh well, it's my brain's fault also why I got absorbed into it.

Having returned at my dorm and done eating a hearty lunch, I found my ipad and then went into my own bubble. My own beloved world. Fangirling.


As I was sitting at the benches around the campus, I wonder at people and try to imagine the life they live based on their appearance and a little bit of conversations that they have with their friends. As a person who loves to observe others, this was normal for me even walking. To that point that if I pay too much attention at a person I happened to pass by, his or her face will be familiar if not totally recalled.

The accessories they're wearing, their shoes, the bags--that's an MCM BAG!! My eyes got fixated on that one person having the treasured bag in his back. I sooo wanted to have that. But I'm onoly a poor student who still depends on my parents. Darn bet he's something. But I wonder if he's a kpopper? I then inspected his facial features. Luckily for me he was there at the gazebo talking to his friends. But nope, there's nothing that much that gave away he's a kpopper. Hearing the bell rang and looking at my wrist watch, I sighed. Bye MCM bag. 'Til we meet again. I left for my next class. Yup. I'm looking forward to seeing that bag again. Nevermind the owner.


Finally! My classes are done for the day!! I can Fangirl to the full power!! Yehet! YEHE--Oh wait, I have assignments. Kkaebsong~ Then a quiz for the next day.  I grumbled at myself for celebrating too early at the same time cursing the things I had to do while walking as I thought that my fangirling activities will be held for a while until my responsibilities are done. All of a sudden, I remembered the Great Kkamjong's "speech" (which I got from a translated pic):

"Don't let EXO be the reason of your study failures. Make us your inspirations, not your destructions because of your obsessions"

Okay then. For Kkamjong and my Hannie and my babies. Fighting!!

All of a sudden I stopped on my tracks. Wait. I know that song.

My eyes went O.O like Soo's

It's I Got a Boy!!

Looking furiously left and right, I found the source of the music, and a group of dancers. I stayed on my spot for a while and watched them doing the song's choreography well.

They sure got moves. Plus, they got the steps really well.

I sighed again for the nth time. I wish I was gifted at least with dancing. The closest that I could get to was folk dance. I always think that I look like an awkward stick or maybe a paper whenever I think of dancing at a crowd. Oh well, at least I know the steps!

Taking a last glance at the dancers as they rehearse, I mentally wish them luck to whatever contest they may join. And complimenting them for a nice choice of music.


I. AM. SO. DONE!!! I CAN FAGIRL NOWWWWWWW!!! WEEEEEE~ Eagerly searching for my ipad once more, I started to check the social media network. Having joined the spazzing groups of my favorite boys and reading the fangirl's posts, I just let myself go and made the stress slip away with my laughing. I must say. This is my refuge. My source of strength. And my de-stressor.

Basically, for me, my defense mechanism. Sublimation. I gain from it at the same time I'm letting all of my the bottled up psychosis for that day go.

Fangirling. Watching videos after another. Even doing a norebang at youtube, however, not singing too loud in fear that it might rain and besides I have other tenants with me. That is why I try to suppress my squeal. But I just can't help it! Therefore, I warned them beforehand and apologizing sometime earlier. It will save me from a lot of death threats and from getting kicked out from the dorm.

Seconds turned to minutes turned to hours. And before I know it, it was way past my ideal sleeping schedule. It was already tomorrow. And knowing I have class much much later, I defeated myself to retire from what I'm doing.

Besides, there's still tomorrow.

Having seen my roommates sleeping already, I turned the lights out and went under my blanket feeding my mind with sleep. To top it all off, I let my mind wander to my fantasies.

I imagine myself, one day, going to Seoul, South Korea, maybe studying there.

Living a luxurios life even though I don't know where my luxury would came from.

Living in a wonderful apartment and maybe bumping into a few artists on the elevator ride.

Then I will suddenly saw a white cute dog wandering around my room floor.

I approached it and he seems friendly. I looked at his tagged. After seeing the tag, I realized he's a she.

And the name rolled off my mouth sweetly, "Candy. Annyeong Candy-ah," patting the dog's head who seems to like what I did.

I was about to ask her about the owner when a voice boomed, seemingly panicky.

"Candy-ah! Eodi-ga??!"

I looked at the owner of the voice and we stared at each other.

And before I knew it,

I was pulled into dreamland.


 

I was not aware when and how it all started until I realized I was too engrossed with it. It was too late when I realized that I was too absorbed in what people think as a weird world. A world that once you got in, there is no turning back. Ever.

However, it is a world I don't regret going into. Never.

 



a/n: Annyeong chingus~ If you've reached this part, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would like to say also that this is my first ever fanfic and that my first story I ever showed to public. I dedicate this to my ultimate bias and birthday boy. And yeah, this story is my normal life. Once again, Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it! (//^o^)//

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUHAN-GEGE!! WO AI NI~ <3