004

Camp Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Junmyeon hyung? Jaera ssi? Are you there?"

 

Both of them snap out of their trance and come face-to-face with the quiet cabin leader of Group 12.

 

"Kyungsoo!" Junmyeon exclaims, flustered. "Yeah, what do you need us for?"

 

Kyungsoo stops for a while. He seems to formulate an answer in his head before saying, "Um, we're starting the next activity soon. Wouldn't want Captain to freak, right?"

 

His gaze seems to be focused on Jaera and she squirms. Junmyeon remains oblivious to the whole thing.

 

He offers her a hand to help her up and the three of them walk back to the cafeteria in an awkward silence. Jaera can feel Kyungsoo's eyes poking into the back of her head when he's walking behind her. She feels slightly uncomfortable, but doesn't dare to speak up because she's only known him for about less than three days or so and she's not one to judge freely.

 

When they arrive, Kyungsoo quietly slips away to his own group while the two of them tend to the kids.

 

"Jaera unnie! Taemin stole my cookie!"

 

"It's Taemin oppa to you."

 

And thus begins another round of bickering.

 

 

It's night time and the residents of Cabin 3A are sitting on Jaera's bed, eating small supper snacks and gossiping like the girls they are. Snack wrappers are strewn across the floor together with dirty laundry and hair accessories.

 

"Unnie! Unnie! Sunyoung likes Jinki!"

 

"Really?" Jaera quirks a brow, making a point to stare at Sunyoung.

 

In turn, her cheeks give off a little pink. "Ahhhh~" she whines. "All I said was 'Your hair looks nice, oppa!'"

 

"Oppa, eh?" Amber responds slyly.

 

However, the situation turns around with the help of Soojung who is sitting quietly next to Amber. "Unnie, don't you like someone too? And you call him oppa, right?"

 

"OOOHHHH" the rest of the girls chorus together.

 

It's always the quiet ones... Like farts. Silent but deadly. Jaera thinks to herself. She snaps back to reality and realises that they're expecting a response. Chuckling nervously, she starts playing with strands of her hair.

 

"Um, I don't like Junmyeon oppa." the statement comes out more like a question.

 

"I didn't say it was him, though." Soojung replies with a hint of a smirk. Jaera wants to facepalm. The girls are jeering and laughing at her (someone's making kissy noises)

 

"Leave me here to die, guys. Tell eomma I love her." she tells them seriously before flopping head-first into her pillows.

 

"NOOO! UNNIE!"

 

Giggles fill the room when they start attacking her with tickles. She even rolls off the bed in laughter.

 

Suddenly, there are a flurry of knocks on the door. Jaera quickly composes herself, wondering who the visitor could be. She peeks out of the small peephole and spots Junmyeon with his five campers.

 

She opens the door, and is immediately greeted by five figures scurrying inside to play with the girls. Junmyeon just laughs at their behaviour.

 

"Got room for a few more gossippers?"

 

 

"Wow, perfect timing!" Sunyoung exclaims. "We were just talking about you! Like how unnie always calls you oppa and-"

 

Jaera clamps a hand over Sunyoung's mouth before she can go on even further. The earlier scene where she was teasing Sunyoung is now being replayed; t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter