Chapter 15

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: My 8-month old phone broke :( 3

P.S. Do you like the new cover? :3

 

Chapter 15 

 

A knock on the door startled Taeyeon as she was busy hanging up to dry her newly developed photos. She put the tongs down and moved her camera right at the middle of the table, expertly maneuvering her way through the dark room. After securing her camera from danger, she lazily dragged her feet out of her black room inside her bedroom. 

She turned the knob of her bedroom door and pulled it open. "Oh, what brings you here?" Taeyeon asked as she saw her sister standing at her door.

"I was gonna ask if you have extra films since I ran out and I forgot to get some yesterday." Seulgi answered. 

"I think I still have a few left." Taeyeon said as she pulled her door wider to let the girl in. 

"I haven't been here in your room lately." Seulgi nonchalantly said. "You've been spending too much time in your apartment." The younger girl pouted as she stood in front of Taeyeon's photo wall.

"I rented that flat for a reason, you know. And my reason is to live in it so it includes me spending less time here." Taeyeon said as she was rummaging her drawers. 

"Hmmm." Seulgi hummed as she put her hands on her hips and checked the photos on the wall carefully. 

Seulgi spotted old photos of Taeyeon - when she was younger - with another girl. A couple other photos where photos of a girl whose face has always been hidden, not intentionally - just candid. Even before, everytime she went inside Taeyeon's room, Seulgi had always thought that the girl on those candid pictures was the same girl with Taeyeon on her childhood photos. Seulgi never asked Taeyeon about the girl, not wanting to pry. All she knows is that the girl was an old friend of her sister. 

Her gaze fell upon their family pictures and it made her smile. Though Taeyeon is not her biological sister, she had always considered the older girl as one and she's confident that Taeyeon felt the same way too. Ever since they first met, they felt a sense of attraction towards each other and they clicked right away despite their quiet opposite natures. Despite the stress with her mother remarrying, Seulgi was more than just grateful that her stepfather turned out to be a good man and she gained a new sister from the whole ordeal. 

Seulgi was still reminiscing the events on their family photos when Taeyeon straightened her back that became stiff from bending while rummaging her drawers. "I can't find one in my drawers. Maybe I placed it inside the black room." Taeyeon said as she made her way to the door across the photo wall.

Seulgi was about to follow her sister when her eyes caught upon photos she didn't recognize before. She was sure that those photos were new because it weren't there the last time she checked the wall. The photos contained candid shots of a lady whose face was hidden - just like the photos on the other side of the wall. She glanced up and saw someone familiar. "Tiffany sunsaengnim?!" She gasped and checked the other new photos. She found photos of Taeyeon with Tiffany which were recently taken as written on the dates on the corner of the photos. 

The younger girl then realized something. "That's why she looked familiar." Seulgi compared Tiffany's photos to the old photos on the other end of the wall. "Tiffany unnie is Taeyeon unnie's old friend!" She loudly thought.

Taeyeon thought she heard something outside the black room so she immediately went outside and found Seulgi staring at her photo wall with agape. "What happened to you?" She said with her hands full of empty films. 

"This is Tiffany unnie, right?" Seulgi asked as she pointed at the wall.

"Yes?" Taeyeon replied confusedly.

"Tiffany unnie as in the university substitute teacher, Tiffany Hwang?" 

"Uh, yes. Why?" Taeyeon was becoming more confused by the second.

"She's your long lost friend!?" Seulgi exclaimed loudly which made Taeyeon flinch. "Sorry unnie, I was just really surprised."

"It's okay." Taeyeon smiled. "Yeah, she's my long lost friend."

Seulgi noticed her sister's smile and something clicked inside her mind. "Friend, huh?" She smirked as the puzzle pieces started to form in her mind. She's aware of the frequent dates that Taeyeon has been going lately and she knows that she's been out with Tiffany on those dates. 

Taeyeon chuckled. “You know what I mean.” She said as she sat down at the edge of her bed.

Seulgi sat down beside her as she put the films between them. She sighed, “I’m glad you’re happy.”

Taeyeon turned her head to look at the girl. She raised her brows, “I am happy. I have always been happy.”

“Not really. This time, you just seem sincerely happy. And I’m glad about it unnie.”

The older girl’s lips curved into a small smile a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter