Left Wing : Feather 1.

Devil's Delight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ghostly pale, fringe swept back and a crips suit on. The jelaously from the highschoolers on the sub, ahjummas whispering and pointing fingers. The breaks of the subway abruplty stopped the wheicle, the mass of bodies squishing together while the others stepped out only to be replaced by new people.

Suits, uniforms, street wear, turist jackets flashing bright colors. It all mingled together on that morning. The fatefull encounter that made your world fall and rise in a matter of seconds. It was said to rain but it hailed, the coffee was stale and bitter.

The subway moved again, this time all I could see were the street lamps on the bridge, flickering in the distance, like my will tonight. It was supposed to work out, just go to the office, chat, hand in your CV and get the job. Instead it was one of those days when you spilled coffee over your superiors, cursed at the mess and forgot your presentation at home. So much for being organised and mature adult.

The doors opened again, my feet shuffleed with the crowd. The streets were almost empty, everyone hurried from their daily jobs and schooling institutions to their homes, warm meals and the buzzing of the TV in the background. What would I find home? Some ramyeon packets and probably the half dried cactus I wasn't able to sustain. How hard would it be to take care of a plant that doesn't require regular watering? In fact it doesn't need anything. The lamp above my head flickered before dying down. Now even street lights died on me..

The street was deserted, a few bars with flashing lights on the corner and a cat mewling around a few trash cans. It's black fur seemed to shine under the remaining street lamps. Even the moon decided to hood itself tonight.  The cat hissed and ran behind some cardboard boxes. Sighing I watched it run away and leave me alone under the dark sky.

Maybe a coffee...could I afford it?

I heard a soft chim, like the bells of a coffe shop door opening and to my right was a small sign

Archangel

The sign was written in an elegant writting, the angel curwing out like a wing. There should be enough for one cup in my wallet left, but then I'd have to walk home,  I wouldn't have anymore for the subway. Oh to Hell with it..

My fingers grasped the handle of the door, it was strangely warm. Opening it a strong, soothing smell entered my nose, incense, thick and heavy in the air. The coffee shop was also a small book shop. They littered every corner of the dim light space, on the stairs, on the numerous shelves, between the small coffe tables... small wrapped in leather, big, heavy volumes. It looked like Heaven to me.

Curiously I picked a book from the stack near the entrance. It was a dark blue colored binding with golden wings on the front page. The first page had a name on it. It was in Hebrew.

˝Hawwah˝- Someone's voice said. Immiedietly dropping the book I lifted my gaze.

˝Yes?˝- I said out loud nervous of getti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter