The Best Friend

More than Friends...

[A/N: So the following chapters will be based purely on imagination. But there will be some references from ASC and joy's chingu. Just want to clear that this is not about the real Joy's chingu. That will just be awkward. [mianhe senpai]


“And you call her your best friend”

 

“Well she IS my Best friend” the young girl emphasized.

 

“When was the last time you saw her?”

 

She looked at the older girl before looking down “5 years ago”

 

When was the last time you contact each other?”

 

“But we’re both busy and I’m sure----“The older girl didn’t let the young girl finish.

 

“She seems to have enough time for them though” she looked at the computer screen before she stood up and grabbed some food from the kitchen “I bet she doesn’t even know that you’ve debuted already” that was her last statement before she went out to prepare.

 

It’s been quite some time since Yerin talked to her best friend. She had to move out from her house and move in to the dorms with her group members. She got busier after their group, now known as G-Friend, debuted.  Schedule after schedule. There is really no time to catch up with her family nor friends even for herself.

 

She sighed at the thought and just shrugged the other member’s comment. “We’re just busy” she mumbled. The girl just stared at her monitor, looking at her best friend’s photo “At least you’re interested in K-pop now” she sighed.

 

 

“Yah Yerin! Get your here. We’re leaving now!”

 

 

“Hello we are GFRIEND” the girls bowed as they waved to their fans.

 

“GFRIEND! GFRIEND!” the fans chanted.

 

 “SinB SARANGHAEEE” Another fan shouted as they made a big heart sign.                   

 

It was time for another fan-sign event with the fans. This time the venue was a building beside a university so most of the fans who came were female university students.

 

The girls were having a great time. Quick chat with the fans, taking selcas, and receiving gifts. It’s almost an hour and they’re half way through.

 

The fans even went out of their way (dressed like Gfriend’s costume, made big banners, dressed in costumes, brought food etc.) They continued to joke around with the fans and even do some fan service too.

 

The cameras never stopped. It’s like there was thunder without the horrifying sound. Instead it was “Click click” here and “flash flash” there. Honestly, it was blinding how they can cope with that. It’s like they were wearing invisible shades. Anyway, the girls made different pose in front of their fan sites.

 

In between the signing one member would make a joke using the mic and verbally communicate with all the fans. Or maybe say some random facts about each other.

 

Yerin was too focused on doing her chicken dance for the fans that she didn’t notice one particular fan. The other members who knows this fan very from stories and pictures acted normal and smiled as she made her way. “Yah!” one of the members said in a low voice as she looked at the “fan” with a “since-when” face. The fan just giggled at them signalling them to keep quiet.

 

Yerin was still doing some random dances and saying some random words as she gives out her signature. It was a punishment for the “loser” who lose the game they played earlier.

 

The young fan continued to get signatures while giving them their present. Yerin was catching her breath. She turned around to get her water bottle. Finally, she was in front of Yerin. She quickly wrote something on a post it and placed it on top of the album. The post it usually has the name or message or question {A/N: You guys know how fan-signs work, right?}

 

“Thanks for working so hard. My best friend is so cool”

 

Yerin looked up at the fan and was shocked to see her. She felt like she was going to explode with happiness, but she had to control it. She lightly punched the fan’s arm before handing the signed album back. Yerin quickly wrote something at the back of the post it. They smiled at each other and the fan went back to her seat.

 

The smile on Yerin’s face was so obvious. It was not the normal smile she shows, but rather a smile that only she shows to her best friend. The girls started to tease each other on stage, they covered it up as fan-service so the fans wouldn’t notice Yerin’s tomato face.

 

After a few more rounds of fans, the even was over.

 

“Thank you to everyone who came here. We truly appreciate it and the effort you made with the presents, and costumes. Thank you for making us smile and we hope that we did the same for you. Please continue to support us. We will work very hard for our lovely fans! Hwaiting! Saranghae”

 

With that the other members started to say their own messages to the fans.

 

“We hope you guys enjoyed. This is our gift to you”

 

The music started and they performed Glass Bead. The fan chants was really loud and the other fans danced along too.

 

After that the fans made their way out as they collect their goody bag. Except for one fan. She read the message behind the post it

 

“Go back stage after the event. Show them this” she took out the VIP pass that Yerin secretly handed her with Yerin’s professional signature at the back…

 

The fan was worried. “What if they didn’t let me pass” she held the ID “what if they think this is a fake” she was walked slowly as the staffs looked at her. There were two guards. The fan shakenly raised the VIP pass.

 

“It worked” she mumbled as she bowed to the guards and went in. She made her way into the hallway. She bowed and thanked the other staffs for working hard.

 

She stopped at in front of a door and knocked. A staff with a cup of coffee opened the door…

 

“Oh Hi” she bowed “Gfriend’s Yerin told me to come here” the staff had a questioned look as she scanned the girl. The fan was nervous as hell. She felt like she killed someone with that glare.

 

“And I’m the Queen” the staff said. The fan was looking worried. Until the staff burst into laughter.

 

“Hey Yerin! Your bestfriend is here!” the staff went inside the room “That was so hilarious! Her reaction! Oh man I wish you saw it”

 

The fan was left dumbfounded standing outside the room. “Hey! Come in” Yerin gestured. But she was still frozen so Yerin pulled her in.

 

“I think we overdid it” Sowon said. Sowon looked at the poor girl frozen like she saw Medusa’s eyes.

 

“Ottokke” the other members said

 

“Yah!” Yerin pinched her cheeks

 

“Ouch” that made the fan go back to reality. “Ooh Annyeonghaseyo!” she bowed and bowed to each member and to the staffs. “Thank you for working so hard!”

 

They giggled at how adorable the fan was acting. “Calm down PJ” Yerin gestured for the girl to sit.

 

“That was not funny” she looked at them “I almost panicked. I thought she was going to call those guards” she looked at the staff but the staff just smiled at her.

 

“Prank success!” the two maknaes, SinB and Umji, high-fived.

 

“I can’t believe I got fooled by the maknaes”

 

“Hey girls we’re moving to our next schedule soon” their manager went in the room and informed them. The girls started preparing themselves.

 

“Since when have you been to Korea?” Yerin asked the fan who is also her best friend.

 

“A few weeks ago” she replied.

 

“And you didn’t contact me?” Yerin pouted

 

“Well I didn’t have your contact details”

 

“To be fair, we don’t even have phones at the moment” one of them backed her up.

 

“Well to be honest… I should probably tell you this” They looked at her seriously

 

“I didn’t know you guys debuted already…” Sowon looked at Yerin with “I-told-you-so” face

 

Yerin meant it be as a joke only but what her best friend told her shocked her. My best friend who is like a sister to me, didn’t really know I debuted. 5 years ago when the fan visited Korea. Yerin was already a trainee at that time. Yerin introduced her to ShinB, Sowon and Umji. They hang-out together and went to different places. Back then the fan does not know anything about K-pop so her best friend told her everything about it. It took her a while to get used to the terms, the groups, and different members. Yerin even explained how it works which was quite interesting. It had been 5 years since they saw each other and months since they have contacted each other.

 

Yerin pouted “And you call yourself my best friend” she mumbled, but enough for her best friend to hear.

 

“Let’s go girls!” the manager said. Yerin wants to hear want her best friend was going to say but the manager was strict and told them to hurry up. Yerin smiled at her, acted cool, and hugged her before they bid farewell. Her bestfriend bowed to the other members and hugged the members she knew.

 

“Well I messaged you in KKT” she looked at Yerin. “But you didn’t reply. I was worried that I might have said something that upset you or I was bothering your training” she managed to yell out but not sure if Yerin heard it.

 

She didn’t have time to explain more…

 

“Here’s my number. Message me if you want to talk to her” the staff who was part of the prank earlier gave the number to the fan. Both of them headed out from the venue and bid farewell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well I am your best friend” 


Hi First of all, I want to thank all the new subscribers. You're the best!

Thank you to MongBaechu and Anamisho for upvoting the story.

Who do you think the fan is? 

Anyway, that's me. Spread the story. [senpai hi, if you're reading]