Growing Curiosity

Azure

 

 

 

 

 

The lecturer with his blackboard and students with their notes. Same scenery, same activity, same boring day. She stared absently to the blackboard. Part of her mind screamed to move her hands and took notes, but the other part of her mind strayed to a certain individual.

She could recall it as if it was yesterday. His genuine smile with eyes crinkled and teeth showing, it was as radiant as sun. Maybe even more dazzling than the sun, she thought. It was engraved deeply in Hana’s mind. Not to mention when flush creeped across his cheeks, it was what she described it as, adorable.

And then that picture, yeah that picture, it urgently need to be disposed before anyone came across of its existence yet again.

“…And that conclude our meeting for today.”

Hana abruptly got up and stuffed her things into the bag. Without any moment to waste, she darted to the exit. Another minute in the classroom with all of those graphs and unending equations would evoke a brain shutdown and besides, her stomach was demanding attention. Food was first priority.

It was just when she stepped one foot outside that her cellphone vibrated.

“What’s up Hwan?”

“Hey come here and have lunch me, will you? It’s lonely here alone.”

“No.” She stated. “It’s a hassle to go all the way there.”

“Awww c’mon! Don’t care about your brother eating all alone by himself?”

“No—”

“My treat.”

It was a sad fact knowing she could be bribed with free food. Every time she and Hwan disagree or quarrel, he would buy her approval with food which made Hwan’s life easier to deal with Hana. Then again, who wouldn’t want free food? She could buy chocopies later if she ate with Hwan, and she loved chocopies. She should rethink her decision.

“Besides, I’m not having lunch at my usual workplace.” He explained. “You’ll love it here.”

“Yeah, yeah. As long as you’re paying, I’m not complaining.”

“Alright, later dear sister.”

 

 

~*~

 

 

 “Ya!! You didn’t tell me it was JYP Entertainment building!”

People immediately glanced at them, distracted by Hana’s sudden yelling. Embarrassed by unconsciously raising her voice, Hana decided to speak quietly. “How’d you manage to get it anyways?”

“Well you know…” Hwan looked up, searching for words to be mended, it was a long pause before he faced Hana again. “Work?”

Hana was now amused at his brother. She was firmly sure that he was able to think for better response, but he kept it short instead, because well, it was a hassle to do according to Hwan.

One does not wonder if they’re siblings.

“I know that! What I mean is—“

Encountering someone you know in the place where they work was no bewilderment, she predicted this to happen however she certainly did not expect it would actually happen. Meeting him twice in a month couldn’t help her to think that god must have loved her.

“Hana?” came from a voice that she recognized oh so well from the day they met. His face was the one she fantasized from sunrise to sunset to nighttime, it was the one and only Wang Jackson.

“W-What are you doing here?” She stammered in panic, when she realized how stupid and embarrassing it sounded, she mentally choke herself.

“I work here?” He responded quizzically, and Hana just tittered.

Jackson raised his brows and turned to Hwan, “Your boyfriend?”

Hwan covered his mouth and giggled. They got assumed as a couple a lot, but it never gets old to Hwan whenever someone tried to reaffirm it again and again.

Hana lightly slapped Hwan’s shoulder, lashing out her embarrassment. “S-Stop joking around! He’s my brother!” She assured.

“I-I see.”

“Anyways Jackson, why don’t you eat with us?” Hwan offered. “I’m sure Hana would love to sit next to you.” He then beamed the most mischievous smile Hana ever seen, did he just purposely vex her? Hana just wanted to pummel him right there on the spot.

“I’ll pulverize you.” She silently mouthed to Hwan, and he just looked away whistling. After all, he loved to tease his precious little sister.

“Sure!” Jackson exclaimed as he took seat beside Hana.

Hana could feel her heart racing faster each seconds, she felt horrified but excited at the same time. Sitting next to your idol was sure not your everyday occurrence, and there is no telling when it will happen next time.

Hana bit her lips and swallowed her anxiety. “So, where are the other GOT7 members?”

“Ah, they all have different schedules today,” Jackson pointed out as he chewed another bite, Hana just nodded in return. “What? You’re not satisfied with just me?”

Hana blushed. “N-No! I mean—“

“Just kidding.” Jackson playfully winked.

Hwan burst out laughing. “I like this guy!” he then high-fived Jackson.

Hana rolled her eyes. “Ugh. The government should arrest you two for harassing me.”

“There’s no law stating you cannot tease your lovely little sister.”

“I hate you.”

“Love you too, sis.”

Jackson snickered in the background, watching these two brother and sister bickered would apparently be in his list of entertainment. Although, he could definitely relate to what the brother said. Seeing Hana got all flustered up and desperately tried to explain herself was indeed amusing to watch, it was rather cute side of her if Jackson might add.

“Wang Jackson, I saw that.” Hana stated. “Don’t you dare laugh at me.”

He tensed. “Yes ma’am.” Jackson was perplexed. One moment he was capable to make Hana tremulous, and the second later she transformed to somewhat ferocious.

“Jackson.” Hana called. “Give me your phone.” She demanded, unable to look him in the eye.

“Huh? Sure.”

Hana typed in a flash and gave him back the phone.

Jackson examined the changes made in the phone before he guffawed literally. He was expecting a cute revenge like changing his phone language to unfamiliar one or pulling other kind of pranks. Sure was he didn’t really expecting something this bold. He stared again at his contact list in amusement.

 

Waifu – Hana

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Bold move, lil’ sis.”

“S-Shut up! If I didn’t do that it will be impossible to meet him next time.”

“Aggressive aren’t we?”

“You’ve got to work to earn what you want, am I right?”

“Yes dear sister.” Hwan benignly smiled and petted her head. “C’mon let’s go. I’ll drive you back to campus.”

“Aren’t you a lovely brother.” Hana grinned, and Hwan ruffled her hair to a mess which earned him a yell of complaints.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Inside the car, Jackson stared off the window distantly. He then pulled out his phone and saw his contact list one more time. He exultantly smiled, Hana was indeed unpredictable. Never once he met someone astounding quite like her before, he admitted that he had growing curiosity towards her character by now.

He hoped to meet her again.

Maybe soon in the future.

 

 

 


A/N: Second chapter is finished finally. Ohyeah. Dat feeling when you accomplished something. ! n_n I hope you guys enjoyed it! Oh, comments and critics are always welcome! Soooooo Until whenever! lol