Groceries and Jackson Wang

Azure

 

 

 

 

“Hwan! I’m going out okay?”

“Buy groceries while you’re at it!”

“...And some vanilla ice cream.” Hana noted.

The love for ice cream did not only run in her older brother, but also in Hana. The only exception was she loved the chocolate ones. Actually, everything related to chocolate Hana would surely gobbled them down without mercy.

After Hana got admitted in one of the most prestigious university in South Korea, she moved in to Seoul with her brother, Kim Hwan. At first, Hana wasn’t quite fond of the idea living together with her brother, mainly because Hwan will from day to night and mainly because Hwan could sometimes be pretty hygienic, and Hana stressed more on the hygienic part cause she was one mess of a girl, literally.

But as time progressed on, Hana discovered that Hwan was indeed a brother that she could entirely rely on, especially on food.

The apartment which they both lived in was quite small. First thing that came into sight was the living room that connected to the kitchen, the living room had large windows which displayed scenery of the park beside their little apartment. Two doors on right were the bedrooms, and a door on the left before the kitchen was the bathroom. It was small and cozy, but most importantly, it was cheap.

 

~*~

 

Last week and the week before was hell for Hana, bunch of papers should be submitted on the same day, and not to mention it was in the middle of midterms. Whoever thought first that papers should be handed on the day of midterms, would without a doubt according to Hana, hold a special place in hell. However, with the help of coffee and reducing sleeping time, Hana gracefully passed all the subjects with some B’s and couple of A’s and no C’s or even D’s fortunately.

Midterms aside, it was time Hana casted herself to heaven.

 

~*~

Cats.

Wonderful creatures created by god.

Their ears, their fat furs, and their soft paws were just everything that Hana needed to relieve post-midterms stress.

The moment Hana stepped into the cat-café, she immediately grabbed a mouse like toy and played around with the cats.

Onci, the fat tabby cat, was her favorite. Favorite, because Onci was so tame to the point he gave in to whatever Hana did to him. Hana liked to put him on his lap, and caressed his furs, and Onci plainly obliged.

Oh yeah, Hana was a regular alright.

Her friends even as the future ‘old cat lady’ – which Hana dearly hoped not.

 

~*~

 

For most of people the combination of chocolate and chocolate would be too sweet, but for Hana, it was just perfect.

Hana was enjoying the moment, sipping the hot chocolate bit by bit, relaxing her muscles after playing with the cats, until the peace was disrupted with the continuous shrieking. She almost, almost spit the precious hot chocolate.

“What in the actual-“

Outside, bunch of girls screaming and running towards to same direction.

Eventually everyone in the café went to check from the window, Hana too followed. She was on her toes, pointed her head, trying to have a clear sight of what was the source of the commotion coming from, when she saw cameras.

Hana shook her head. “Celebrities.”

Whatever left of her curiosity was gone, she went back to her seat, grabbed her headset, and searched her playlists.

Got7 – Bad behavior

She pressed the song immediately and let it filled her head, reducing the distractions from outside. Afterwards, Hana proceeded in taking first bite of her chocolate cake with Onci who decided to climb up next to her.

Chocolate, cats, and lastly Got7 were undeniably her definition of peace

Although, what was unknown for her, the riot outside was caused by one of the member whose song she was playing right now.

 

~*~

 

Trolley was in her left hand. And list-to-buy was in her right hand.

Hana was ready for groceries.

The trolley stopped in hair products’ section. Hana grabbed two conditioners. “Should I buy this one or this one?”

After long couple of minutes, examining the conditioner on her left and right hand, Hana decided she would just buy her usual conditioner.

Talk about waste of time.

 

~*~

 

Continuing her duty in buying groceries, Hana scrolled down the groceries list saved in her phone while pushing the cart. Eyes glued to phone, she was unaware of the person in front of her.

Thankfully, she halted before crashing into the guy.

“Whoa, close!”

“Sorry—”

Holy .

It was a real life Got7’s Jackson in front of her.

“It’s okay!” He assured, smile was on his face. It was always on his face, and Hana fell for him because of that goddamn smile.

As much as Hana appreciate to be in one air with her idol, it was indeed not good for her heart. Not to mention she was afraid to be overly excited and attached like some crazy fan in front of him. The fear of Jackson being disgusted at her and embarrassing herself in front of Jackson made her foot took her away in lightning speed.

“Wait!” Jackson yelled and ran after Hana.

One word and Hana stopped her steps. Mix of ‘what’s’ and ‘why’s’ were the only things that occupied her head. Then, Hana realized, like an epiphany casted down to her.

This was a test.

The lord was testing her.

And she shall pass this ordeal.

How she was able to come to this conclusion she did not know. Hana decided not to question her dysfunctional logic.

“You don’t know me?” Jackson closed his distance to Hana, He pointed himself, eyes searching for any hint of recognition on Hana’s face

Jackson’s face was way too near for her comfort. Hana could feel her heartbeat faster each second, “U-Um, Jackson from Got7 right?”

His fist pumped through the air, and the girl behind clapped following shaped into an ‘o’.

Jackson turned to the girl behind him, his thumb pointed at him, smug was displayed on his face, “See?! I’m famous.”Which then earned laughter from the girl.

Hana too followed, a giggle escaped her lips. “Yeah, you are—“ She gasped, her hand was immediately slapped to .

Jackson shrugged the back of his neck and laughed it off nervously, his face flushed a bit from Hana’s somewhat acknowledgement.

“Want my autograph?”

Hana nodded vigorously.

Life was not quite nice and these kind of chances didn’t come up twice. Hana up her anxiousness and searched her bag frantically, hoping to get just anything to get signed on. Unfortunately, her effort was laid to waste.

“I forgot to bring my notebook.”

Her shoulders slumped, her face turned into frown. Out of all day she forgot to bring a notebook it had to be today.

Jackson folded his arms, he felt sorry for her. Her face came from bright to gloom, like a child whose candy had been taken away, he honestly wanted to help her, and then he blurted out what came out first thing from his mind, “I can sign on your phone?”

Hana eyes sparkled, her frown turned into a wide grin, “You sir, are a genius.” She lend him her phone without having second thoughts. Hana could feel Jackson was smirking at her compliment but she decided to shrug it off because autograph was top priority.

Jackson hold her phone, pressed the button and crossed upon lock pattern.

“It’s locked?” He gestured the phone to her, hoping to open it.

“Oh sorry,” Hana apologized, “it’s with this pattern—“ She said as unlocking her phone.

Realization hit Hana after she opened the pattern.

The wallpaper displayed was Jackson, and it wasn’t any other typical wallpaper, it was the one that her friend edited for Hana.

It was a wallpaper of bride and groom with their faces replaced by Hana’s and Jackson’s faces.

.

Jackson eyes went wide, he first snickered and then threw his head back, he laughed his heart out with hand covered his mouth, Jackson even almost fell to the floor knowing how amusing it was.

The girl who Hana identified as Youngji, the member of Kara, went to take a peek. Like Jackson after she saw Hana’s screen, she threw her head and her smile went wide, her hand trying to have support on Jackson’s shoulders, “This is amazing” She commented.

Hana’s face went red.

“Hey! Don’t laugh okay!” She protested. “Can’t a girl have a big imagination?”

“S-sorry.” Jackson half-heartedly apologize, there still laughter in between and tears were on the corner of his eyes. “A girl has a wonderful imagination.”

“Well, a girl likes to imagine marrying the person she adores!”

Any hint of laughter stopped and Jackson’s face went red.

Hana blinked twice. She was not expecting that kind of reaction which lead her turn to laugh. “The infamous wild and y Jackson can get embarrassed?” Hana teased further, and Jackson’s face went into deeper shade of red.

Youngji was clapping and laughing, she was enjoying all too well watching Jackson got teased.

It was the first time Hana meeting them but she felt like she knew them for a very long time. At first she was overwhelmed by their presences but now she felt very comfortable conversing with them. It was like they were naturally friends, and it surprised even Hana.

They were having fun, like three best friends finally reunited and fool around with each other when reality pulled them back.

“Let’s go back to shooting guys.”

Hana decided not to hinder their work any longer and bid goodbye.

Jackson and Youngji smiled and waved at her.

Hana was feeling a bit sad to part with them. A chance to meet them again maybe null but there was no hurt to hope.

 

~*~

 

When Jackson went back to continue his work, the smile was still on his face.

“What are you smiling about?” Dongwook asked, his brows went up. Curiosity invaded him, Jackson was known to constantly smile and cheery but this time was different.

“My fan.”

“Oh?”

“I met her earlier, she was real funny.”

“Jackson and Fan-nim under the tree kissing!” Youngji teased.

“Hey! Stop it!” Jackson said as he lightly elbowed Youngji.

Youngji’s teasing was just friendly teasing but somehow, it managed to make Jackson all flustered again, it was the first time he met a fan that could comfortable converse with idols. It felt natural and he felt very comfortable around her.

A small glint of hope was raised inside his heart.

Maybe they will meet again. Maybe not.

Who knows?

Jackson and Hana could only hope.

 

 


A/N: Well, there you go the first chapter. Woohoo. I don’t think I portrayed Jackson’s character well though lol. Well anyways, critics and comments are definitely welcome (If anyone even read this lol) and cause I want to improve my writing. Until whenever! ;)