Finale

Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi ran frantically from one park to another, one coffee shop to another as she pray that she’ll find a familiar brunette amongst the abundance of people. It took her less than a minute to sprint out of her apartment when Wendy called and said that Irene went missing after she confessed to her. It took her less than thirty minutes to find Irene at the lake they always go to as kids whenever one of them felt sad. But it took her more than an hour before deciding that she can’t continue to stand idly behind the older girl and watch her stare into the vast body of water.

 

Just as she took the first step, droplets of water slapped her face violently and she had to choice but to run to the nearest store to buy an umbrella before heading towards Irene. And maybe fate was trying to tell her that it wasn’t her place to be beside Irene, because she ran into Wendy the moment she stepped out of the store.

 

Standing in the exact same place that she stood for an hour before, Seulgi watched as Wendy pulled Irene into her embrace, shielding the both of them from the rain with the umbrella Seulgi had handed to her earlier. A bittersweet smile found its way to her face as Seulgi turned around and aimlessly walked around town, hoping the rain would wash away all this pain she’s feeling.

 

*******

 

Seulgi doesn’t know how to feel at the moment. Happy that Irene was alive and well in front of her? Or shocked that the girl was just as drenched as she was?

 

“U-unnie, what are you doing here? Let’s get you inside, you’re soaked!” Seulgi attempted to drag Irene inside by her wrist, but was shocked when the older girl flung her arm away in resistance. “Unnie! What are you doi-”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Seulgi’s sentence was cut short by Irene’s furious one. “How dare you decide my own feelings for me. How dare you, Kang Seulgi, to decide who I should or shouldn’t fall in love with. How dare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter