One

Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three is an odd number. It’s always hard to find a balance with three. At least that’s what people always say when they introduce themselves as each other’s best friends. But Seulgi can’t remember her life before meeting Irene and Wendy, and she surely can’t imagine life without them now. It’s always been that way. Her childhood is filled with climbing trees with Wendy and playing in the rain with Irene. Her school days are filled with watching Wendy during her soccer practices and watching Irene as she falls asleep during lectures. Her nights are filled with singing with Wendy and dancing with Irene.

Life as she knows it has always been the three of them together. But then one day, Seulgi started to imagine what it would be like if it was just her and Irene. It scared her that she yearns for Irene’s touch, or how she wish it would linger a little longer than it did. So when Wendy voiced out her feelings for Irene to Seulgi the other night, the latter felt relieved that she wasn’t the only one with such weird thoughts. But the rush of relief left as quickly as it came, only to be replaced by a sudden pang in her chest.

How could she break it to Wendy that she also has feelings for Irene when the other girl looks like she’s on cloud nine with just the thought of being Irene’s girlfriend? Maybe she just feels this way because Irene is touchy and she’s not used to people being touchy towards her, Seulgi tried to reason with herself.  Maybe these feelings will fade away when she sees that Wendy and Irene are both happy with each other. That will surely make her happy too… right? Right. So with that conclusion in mind, Seulgi decided to push her feelings aside and try to help Wendy confess to Irene instead.

 

“… Seulgi… Seulgi-ah, are you even listening?”

 

Snapping out of her trance-like state, her eyes followed the moving blob in front of her face. Seulgi matched the hand to the face hovering above hers and realized she had left Irene talking to herself since a while ago.

 

“S-sorry, unnie. What were you saying?”

 

“Are you okay? Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter