You Happened To Me

You Happened To Me

It is a fine autumn day when my friend slash workmate, Soyeon, and I decided to shop for some home decorations for our new apartment. From Miami, we've travelled back to Korea for good and to start living our lives in our native country.

After a couple of hours, I suddenly felt my stomach grumble. Without wasting any second, I pulled my dearest friend to the nearest restaurant. I don't really care if it was a fancy restaurant or whatnot, I need food. Right. Now.

As we were eating our meals, familiar faces, let's just say, a familiar couple walked in the place in search for a table. It was lunch time and most of the restaurants at this time are jam-packed, including the one that we are in. Fortunately for them, there is a vacant table not too far from us. They sat there and I had an eye to eye contact with the guy.

 

"Oh my gosh. It's Jiho and his girlfriend." Soyeon kicked my foot under the table.

I mouthed an 'I know' to her as I broke off Jiho's gaze.

"What's her name again? Gyosun?"

I nodded and placed my finger in front of my lips, telling her to shut up.

We casually ate our meal and talked about a lot of things, about work, about our apartment, etc.

However, I can't remove this strange feeling that I felt since Jiho walked in the restaurant with his girlfriend. Even though they're a little far from us, I can still slightly hear her laugh, and his voice.

As much as I wanted to focus on Soyeon and to whatever she's saying, I can't, because of the couple near us.

 

"Excuse me, are you a fan of Block B?" Kyung greeted me, acting as if he doesn't know me.

"Yah! Park Kyung!!!!!" I greeted Kyung slightly loud on purpose for Jiho to hear us. I slapped Kyung's arm as he slid down on the seat beside me.

"I was about to go to Jiho's table when I suddenly saw you. Since when have you guys been here?" He told me as he waved to Soyeon as well.

"Just last month." I replied.

"Why didn't you go to Jiho's table?" Soyeon, being the big mouthed person that she is, asked Kyung.

"It's not my habit to disturb a lovey-dovey couple even if they actually asked me to go here right now," he stated. Whispering, he added, "and It's not my job to deal with persons I don't really like."

"You had a fight with him?" I asked Kyung thinking that maybe he's not in good terms with Jiho because he said that he doesn't like him.

"No, it's not Jiho that I don't like. I meant her."

"Oh oh, heeerr, oh oh" Soyeon suddenly butted in, singing Block B's song, Her. We laughed at her corny joke.

"Why don't you like her?" Soyeon asked Kyung. I don't know if it is right that I felt kind of relieved knowing that Kyung doesn't like her.

"He changed. A lot. I mean, first of all, I'm his bestfriend. I knew him ever since god-knows-when. I know for myself that he changed. He's always not going out with us even if he doesn't have a date with her or whatever. If she says 'No Jiho, you can't go', he's not really going. Why is it as if she's dictating his life, right?" He slightly whispered making sure that it is still audible for us.

I didn't react on his statement. I just kept quiet on my seat as I tried to munch on some snack.

"What's the second thing?" Soyeon said.

"Second thing?"

"Well, apparently you just said 'first of all..' "

"Ahhh, well, second, I know him to the point that I also know that he's not happy with her." He bluntly stated.

I was kind of shocked with what he said. What do you mean that he's not happy with her? I can't afford to ask Kyung because I will look like someone who is still affected by them. Good thing that my dearest friend is there to speak up for me.

"What do you mean by that?" Soyeon asked Kyung.

"I don't know how to say it, but I just know. I know who he likes, and I also know who he loves." He stated, looking at me while saying the last line.

"What?" I rolled my eyes at him. And then we laughed again.

"Anyways, I really missed you guys. It's been what, 3 years?"

"2 and a half." I said and hugged him tight from the side. Not the kind of hug that you do to your friends when you missed them, it's more of the kind of hug that you need when you're upset or sad.

"It's okay.." Kyung tapped my back.

"He's looking at you guys." Soyeon said.

"So?" I kept my arms on Kyung's waist.

"Until when are you gonna be here?" He asked.

"For as long as you please." Soyeon stated.

"No joke, when?"

"We're here for good. We've signed a contract with a broadcast station 3 weeks ago." I explained to him.

"Really?!?!?!" Kyung exclaimed and hugged me. "Woah!!!! That's great then!" He high-fived Soyeon.

"Surprised much?" I teased.

"Because you didn't tell me about you guys moving back here."

We just smiled at him and continued eating.

Jiho and Gyosun suddenly passed by us. Apparently, Jiho grabbed Gyosun's wrist and almost dragged her out of the restaurant.

"I bet he had realized what he lost just now." Kyung looked at me and winked.

I made face at him and told him to stop acting like that.

"I bet he's jealous because both of you are getting too touchy with each other." Soyeon said.

"Why would he be jealous? He has no right to be jealous." I rolled my eyes.