fin

She's gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>FLASHBACK<

 

"Hey, Mimi?" The nine years old boy spoke.

"What, Jongin?" She asked as she turned to face him.

"Lets make a promise." Jongin grinned while holding Chanmi's hand.

"What promise?"

"Lets get married in the future. And promise me, you'll love me forever." He grinned childishly making the said girl's cheeks flushed in a beet shade of red.

"Promise. I'll love you forever." Chanmi replied sheepishly.

"Jongin! You still need my permission to marry my baby twin!" Chanyeol said with a frown. 

"Channie, I'm not your baby twin. You are my baby twin. You're younger than me by 5 minutes, okay?" Chanmi said, rolling her eyes in advance but smiled nevertheless.

"But still! You're smaller than me so you're my baby twin." Chanyeol said with a pout on his face.

"Mimi? Don't leave me, okay? Promise me?" Jongin said while sticking out of his pinky finger. Chanmi chuckled happily and soon joined his pinky finger with hers.

"I promise, Jongin." Chanmi smiled.

Jongin suddenly leaned in and pecked her lips making both of the twins' eyes widened in shock.

"J-jongin..." Chanmi stuttered, touching her lips using the tip of her index finger.

"HEY THAT WAS MY BABY TWIN'S FIRST KISS YOU IDIOT" Chanyeol shouted while taking out his handkerchief.

"Here, Mimi. Wipe it off." Chanyeol said seriously while handing his handkerchief towards his twin. 

"Don't wipe it off, Mimi! We're going to get married in the future, right?" Jongin asked while holding her hands.

"Mimi, I'll tell mom and dad that you let Jongin kissed you." Chanyeol threatened his twin playfully.

"Shut up, mama boy!" Jongin said as he stuck out his tongue towards his best friend.

"Mimi, promise me, even when you're married, I will always be your number one, okay?" Chanyeol said with pleading eyes making her chuckled before giving a peck on her twin's cheek.

"Of course! You're my favorite dorky twin!" Chanmi grinned as she saw her twin's frowned.

Chanyeol, Chanmi and Jongin had been best friend since the was 7. Chanyeol and Chanmi are twins. They looked alike but Chanmi look beautiful for her age and Chanyeol was a possessive brother. There was once when Chanyeol fought with a boy who pushed Chanmi, making her cry. 

And that was the day when Chanmi, lost her first kiss to the boy, whom she thought will be her white knight, forever. 

 

>END OF FLASHBACK<

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, has Jongin arrived yet?" Chanmi asked her twin while looking at her phone, expecting a text from Jongin. She had been waiting for him for almost two hours because Jongin promised to bring her to their favourite place; ice cream parlour. 

"Not yet, Mimi. I don't think he remember about bringing you there. Stop waiting for him, Mimi." Chanyeol said while leaning on the door frame. He sighed after seeing how Chanmi kept on checking on her phone.

"But he promised me..."

"This is not the first time, Mimi." Chanyeol said and approached her. He sat on the edge of his twin's bed and patted her back.

"He changed a lot, right?" She chuckled dryly while wiping her tears off her pale face.

"Yeah." He nodded as he laid his back on her bed.

There was a long silence and that was when Chanyeol noticed his twin's pale face. As his eyes traveled down to her arms, he let out a long sigh as he took her right arm to check on her bruise.

"Another bruise?" He asked worriedly Chanmi who seemed to lost on her train of thoughts.

"Yeah. It's normal for a sick person like me. You don't need to worry. This is not the first time, right?" Chanmi chuckled dryly.

"Wait here. I'll tell mom and dad." Chanyeol said but as he was about to stepped out of the bedroom, he heard his twin's faint voice.

"There's no need, Channie. Telling mom and dad are not going to make the bruises disappear. It will only makes mom and dad become more worry about my healthiness." She mumbled slowly but loud enough for Chanyeol to stop from walking.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Jongin about this?" He asked as he approached her again.

"Yeah. I don't need his pity, ya know?" She said as she smiled sadly while staring at her phone's wallpaper which was a photo of Jongin and her eating their ice creams.

"But that will makes Jongin pay more attention to you." Chanyeol said making her chuckled bitterly.

"That's the same as pity." 

"Did you take your medicines?" Chanyeol asked, trying to change the subject.

"Not yet. I just don't feel like eating it. It tastes horrible. Besides, what's the point of eating medicines when I already know that I'm going to die? It's just a waste of money." She said while glancing at her night stand, where all her medicines was placed.

"Why did you say that? You're not going to die, Mimi." Chanyeol said while ruffling his hair in frustration.

"Accept the fact, Channie, I'm dying. Can't you see? Those piece of s can't even prevent me from dying." She said calmly as tears that was threatening to fall, rolled on her pale cheeks.

Chanyeol ran to her as he hugged his twin as the both of them cried in each other embraces.

Soon, he find himself covering her sleeping body with a blanket to prevent her from catching a cold. He sat on the bed while staring sadly at his twin's sleeping face.

"Sleep well, Mimi." He whispered and kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

"Is Mimi upstairs?" Jongin asked while grinning happily at his best friend. Chanyeol couldn't help but to scoffed mentally at Jongin's action.

"She's sleeping after waiting for a certain someone for almost two hours." Chanyeol replied sarcastically.

"What are you talking ab–​ ! I forgot about that! Oh my god, was she mad at me?" Jongin asked in panic. Chanyeol rolled her eyes in annoyance as he plopped himself on the couch.

"Why do you care whether she was mad or not? This is not the first time you made my twin waiting for you like a dumb." Chanyeol replied calmly, trying to prevent himself from punching his best friend.

"I'm so sorry, oh my god. I was busy with Sunh–" 

"SUNHEE?! You made my twin waited for you for almost two hours so you could enjoy your date with that ?!" Chanyeol yelled furiously.

"SUNHEE IS NOT A ! SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND, CHANYEOL." Jongin yelled, too. 

"Everyone knows how a she is, Kai! I saw her making out with a random guy when you're not around! Stop being stupid!" He yelled, still preventing himself from exploding.

"SHUT THE UP, PARK CHANYEOL. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND." Jongin said as he stormed towards Chanyeol before punching him square in the face.

"You ditched my twin for her. You'll regret it, Kai. Good luck with your relationship with her." Chanyeol chuckled dryly as he wipe off the blood at the corner of his lips.

"Look, Channie, I'm sor–"

"Your sorry meant nothing." Chanyeol spat coldly. Jongin knew he was doomed when Chanyeol started calling him Kai. Chanyeol only called him with that name when he was mad.

"Let me visit Mimi, please?" Jongin pleaded with the most desperate voice.

"Just come back tomorrow because I'm sure as hell she don't want to see you right now." Chanyeol said before pushing him away and walked towards his bedroom.

Jongin sighed deeply before stepping out of the Park's residence. Lucky for him, Mr. and Mrs. Park was on a company trip so they won't be at home for a week.

"Jongin you're so oblivious. Can't you see Mimi's love for you after you made her promised to love you forever? Why did you break the promises?" Chanyeol mumbled while looking at Jongin's back figure walking out from his house gate through his window.

 

 

 

As the clock strikes 9a.m, Jongin find himself standing on front of the Park's residence door while ringing the door with a bouquet of white daisies, Chanmi's favorite flower. He bit his lips nervously while waiting the door to open. 

The door flung open as the sight of Chanyeol's sleepy face greeted him. He smiled a little before letting himself in.

"Is she awake yet?" He asked as he took a glance at the sleepy guy.

"She's still sleeping. Just go and check on her. I'm going to cook us breakfast." Chanyeol mumbled sleepily as he walked towards the kitchen.

Jongin nodded slightly before making his way to her bedroom. He twisted the doorknob and pushed it slowly not wanting to wake her up.

As soon as he saw Chanmi's sleeping figure with her back facing him, he smiled and laid beside her on the bed. He scooted closer, placing his arm around her waist, hugging her. He secretly enjoying her warmth. He tightened his hug around her waist and sighed.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." He mumbled in her hair. Chanmi who was still sleeping started to stirred from her sleep. She turned to face him as she rested her head on his chest.

"When did you arrive?" She mumbled groggily. Jongin chuckled hearing her morning voice.

"I just arrived." He said while looking down to see her face. Chanmi nodded before nuzzling her nose on his chest.

"Hey! It's tickling, you know?" He said and chuckled. Chanmi hmm-ed and there was a long painful silence so Jongin decided to break the silence.

"Mimi, are you mad?"  

"For what?" 

"You know... For forgetting about bringing you to the ice cream parlour and having a nice date with Sunhee instead?" Jongin replied nervously. He felt her tensed up as she moved her head away from his chest. She broke the hug and glanced at his face for a while before looking away.

"Oh...." Was what she replied. She heard a cracking sound and she was sure as hell it was coming from her heart. 

"I'm sorry, Mimi." He mumbled and was about to hug her again but Chanmi quickly jumped off the bed.

"It's okay. I got it. Besides, Sunhee is your girlfriend and you love her... and not me." She said the last two words slowly and went to the bathroom.

"Glad you know it." Jongin shrugged and walked out from the bedroom and joined Chanyeol in the kitchen, eating breakfast.

Little did he know, as soon as the poor girl stepped in the bedroom, tears that was threatening to fall, rolled on her pale cheeks like a waterfall, her pale cheeks that Jongin failed to notice.

She took a bath and wore Chanyeol's shirt and a white short before joining the two guys in the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Mimi? What took you so long?" Chanyeol muffled with his mouth full of food. His eyes widened as he noticed her puffy eyes and was about to ask but he decided to shut his mouth, knowing that Jongin was the reason.

She took a seat beside Chanyeol and just stare at the food on her plate. She don't feel like eating and she knew it was another normal symptoms for a leukemia patient like her. She sighed and forced herself to eat something. She chewed a toast slowly and swallowed it. She felt like puking at what she just ate but decided to ignore the urge of puking.

"Hey, eat more. You just ate a toast." Jongin said while chewing his sausage. He raised his brow as he noticed her pale face.

"Are you sick?" Jongin asked making the said girl to choked on her drink since she was drinking a glass of water. Her eyes widened in shock as she repeatedly shook her head.

"N-no!" She said almost immediately.

"Oookay?" He said as he continued eating his breakfast.

Chanyeol cleared his throat as he took a glance at his twin.

"You okay?" He whispered which she replied with a nod.

 

 

 

Chanmi decided to go to the mall as Jongin received a call from Sunhee who wanted to have a date with him. She sighed, ignoring the pain in her heart remembering his promises long time ago. She was mad at herself for still loving him no matter how bad she was hurt.

As she was walking in the mall, she caught a glimpse of someone who seemed familiar with a guy. Thay was walking hand in hand and Chanmi was sure as hell that girl was Sunhee but she was more sure that the guy was not Jongin. She decided to follow Sunhee and that guy from behind.

"Is she cheating on Jongin again?" She mumbled to herself. Yes. She knew that Sunhee cheated on Jongin for a few times but she decided to shet up because she thought Sunhee was going to change. But guess she was wrong.

Her eyes widened in shock as she saw how Sunhee pecked the unknown guys' lips while giggling cutely. But in Chanmi's point of view, Sunhee's giggles wass disgusting.

She stormed towards Sunhee and as soon as she stood in front of her, her right palm found it way on Sunhee's right cheek, slapping her hard.

"WHAT THE , CHANMI?!" Sunhee shouted in anger, earning some stares from people.

"You ing cheated on Jongin." Chanmi said as she took a step towards the girl. Sunhee scoffed mockingly.

"So what's the problem?" She asked without even feeling guilty.

"I'm going to tell Jongin about this." She said before walking away from her but she froze after hearing what Sunhee said.

"He's not going to believe you, Chanmi. You're pathetic." Sunhee said while laughing mockingly as she walked passed her, bumping her shoulder purposely.

 

 

 

She sat at one of the empty seat in the ice cream parlour. She decided to go to the ice cream parlour after her meeting with Sunhee. She ate a spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream as she was still deciding whether she should tell Jongin about it or not.

As she was about to take another spoonful of her ice cream, a hand roughly dragged her out of the ice cream parlour and shoved her away. But as soon as she saw who the owner of the hand, her heart shattered into pieces.


Jongin....

 

"Why the did you slap Sunhee?!" He yel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter