Chapter 9 – Road to Debut

MidNIGHT

Chapter 9 – Road to Debut
 
J.Y Park headed to the building where they were holding the next round of the Busan Audition. This audition was going to determine the last member of MidNIGHT.
 
Eunmin was stretching and looked that the other girls who were in the practice room. They were narrowed down to seven girls. This reminded her how 2PM started. She started to calculate what songs and dances they were going to have to perform. Eunmin was happy she practiced all of them; she was ready for one of those songs to be thrown at them. They were audition for the female version of 2PM.
 
Eunmin took a sip of water and looked at the other girls were just talking to each other. Eunmin just stayed by herself watched as she started to stretch. J.Y Park entered the room moments later.
 
"Hello ladies you all know why you are here. One of you will be put into my new girl group MidNIGHT while the others will became trainees and debut at a later date. First, I want to see you guys dance and sing together as a group.  After the group dance three of you girls will be cut while four of you will move onto the next round which is dancing individually. Two more will be cut and you girls will sing individually.”

 

The music started and the song that was playing 2PM’s Again and Again. A few of the girls were messing up around Eunmin, but she continued to sing and dance perfectly.

 

She waited for them to deliberate and she was one of the four girls moving on in the audition.  Eunmin was the first to dance and her movements were something that was different. Her moves were unique and Jin Young seemed to notices that. The other girls did their dances.

 

Eunmin was studying them from a far. One of the girls walked over to her when she headed out of the audition from to use the bathroom.

 

“Just quit already.” She said in a cold tone. “I want 2PM oppa’s to myself!”

 

“Is that why you took part in this audition? That is really low. I worked hard for this audition because debuting as an idol has been my dream for a while. I am not doing this so I could meet mentors such as 2PM, 2AM, the Wonder Girls, miss A. They are people that others look up to. I am not some fan girl who thinks she can mess with someone’s auditions so they can get close to their idol. That is just wrong and low.”

 

“YAHHHHH!” The girl pushed Eunmin to the ground and grabbed her by the shirt. “Do not talk to me that way. You have no talent.”

 

“What are you doing?” Jin Young said. He looked at Eunmin and saw the fear in her eyes. “Let go of Eunmin sii! I heard everything she said and she is right.”

 

“But…” the girl let go of Eunmin and ran off.

 

Jin Young walked over to Eunmin and pulled her to her feet. “You are a really amazing dancer and you have good vocals. I will tell the rest to stop the audition since you are going to fit in well with the five other members.”

 

---
 
Chanrin was holding a camera and started to record herself, "Hello everyone I'm MidNIGHT's adorable maknae Chanrin and this is the road to our debut. Today is May tenth and it is sad that we will not be able see 2PM oppa’s for a two weeks. They will be promoting Take Off in Japan. They are leaving in two days, but they are giving us a lot of advice. Ready Ready Ready for the take off.” She giggled, “The song is really amazing. Ok now back to MidNIGHT. Our group is made up of six members well currently we only have five members. Our six member Eunmin arrives today with Jin Young Oppa. I cannot wait to meet unnie. I heard she is supposed to be an amazing hip hop dancer."
 
"Yahhh RinRin what are you doing with that camera?"Jooyeon walked over and looked at the camera she was holding.
 
"Jooyeon unnie JYP oppa wants us to post videos of our road to our debut. We are supposed to record what we do to prepare for a debut. A lot of fans are curious about what groups go through. I can’t wait to take this to Lotta World when we record our CF. Jooye Unnie there videos are going to be posted on out Youtube Channel."

 

“Really! We already have a Youtube channel? How many videos are you going to make?” Jooyeon said cheerfully. “Should I speak English or Korea?”

 

“Speak both unnie so you can connect to fans from around the world.” Chanrin said.

 

Jooyeon spoke in Korean first. “Hello everyone I am Choi Jooyeon and I am the third oldest in MidNIGHT. I am responsible for Rapping!” She smiled and started to sing Taecyeon’s Heartbeat rap and completely forgot to speak in English.

 

“Yahhh Unnie stop showing off your rapping skills. We all know you are as amazing as Taecyeon oppa. Oh did we forget to mention. Jooye unnie knew Taeyeon before his debut. She knew him when he lived in Boston; they were classmates and neighbors.”

 

“RinRin stop revealing everything or I will not be able to say anything embarrassing about OKCAT when we have interviews and on variety shows.” Jooyeon pouted.

 

“Nee unnie have fun with that.” Chanrin got up and started to walk towards Kalaya. She turned the camera to face herself again. “Now I will introduce you to our Thai Princess of MidNIGHT.” She turned the camera to Kalaya, “Unnie please say hi to our fans. This video is the road to our debut.”

 

“Hello everyone” She spoke in English, “I’m Kala and according to the members I am the Thai Princess which I don’t agree with, but if they like calling me that it’s ok. I cannot wait to meat you all.” Kalaya made a heart and walked over to Jooyeon.

 

Chanrin faced the camera to herself, “One more thing to add since I like being the nosey maknae; Jooyeon and Kala unnie were college roommates. They went to college in New York and were discovered by Jin Young Oppa. He asked them to come to Korea and became members of MidNIGHT. Our lead and main vocalist are here somewhere.”

 

Chanrin started to walk down the hall and went into the studio where members of JYP Entertainment composed. She smiled when she saw Junsu and Seoyoung working together on something, “Leader and Junsu oppa please say hi to our soon to be fans.”

 

“Chanrin what are you talking about?” Seoyoung asked.

 

“Unnie you should know about this already. It is for our Youtube Channel.” Chanrin said cutely.

 

“I will introduce Seoyoung.” Junsu smirked and looked at the camera, “I want to introduce you to the grandmother of the company Seoyoung. You will be shocked by her vocals and her attempts of being cute.”

 

“Yahhhh Daegu Grandpa be quiet. Do not give a false image to my fans” Seoyoung said. “Hi everyone I am Seoyoung and I am the leader of MidNIGHT. I am the lead vocalist and I keep people like this in line.” She punched Junsu in the arm.

 

“She attempts to keep me in line.” Junsu joked. “Yahhhhh! YAHHH YAHHHHHHH!”

 

“I think I will be leaving now to go find Dancing Queen Unnie. Where is she anyway?” Chanrin asked.

 

Junsu looked at Chanrin as Seoyoung put him in a headlock. “She is in 2PM’s practice room with Min, Wooyoung, and Junho. They are dancing together. I hope you are going to edit this part of the video.”

 

“No we are just editing the part out where you called me a grandma. The parts of me lecturing you will still be in there” Seoyoung said.

 

---

 

Seomin and Min started to do a popping dance to “Boom Boom Pow” by The Black Eyed Peas. Min was wearing jean shorts and a grey sweat shirt. Seomin was in grey sweat pants with one of the legs rolled up to her knee. She also had on a white t-shirt and a baseball hat.  Junho and Wooyoung just watched them dance.

 

“She is good.” Wooyoung said.

 

“Most of her training is in ballet.” Junho whispered to Wooyoung.

 

“Really is that why she has nice legs.” Wooyoung whispered to Junho.

 

“You have been hanging out with Nichkhun to much.

 

---

 

Chanrin contuined to walk down the hall and saw miss A Suzy, 2AM’s Seulong, and 2PM’s Chansung talking. When they looked up they saw Chanrin with the camera as she walked down the hall.

 

“Rinnie what are you doing?” Suzy asked.

 

“It’s a video for our Youtube channel to promote our road to our debut. Will sunbaes like to say something.”

 

Suzy smiled, “Hello everyone miss A Suzy here! I want you to give a lot of love and support to MidNIGHT. They will be debuting soon and they are like sisters to us. Right oppa’s.”

 

“Yep!” Seulong said with a smile. “Please support MindNIGHT. They are debuting in the next few months and have been working hard.” Seulong nudge Chansung.

 

“Please support MidNIGHT! JYP Nation already loves them as much as we do. Also, support my fellow banana love Chanrin.”

 

“Chansung oppa you’re really funny. Well I will see you guys later. I have to do a member introduction with Seomin unnie.” Chanrin skipped down the hall and entered the practice room where music was blasting. 

Auhtors Note: Sorry for the late update. I hope you like it. I desided to create a youtube show for them. I hope you like it.