Chapter 11: New Adventures Comes With New Friends

MidNIGHT

Chapter 11: New Adventures Comes With New Friends

 

“Here, we are.” J.Y. opened the door to the practice room quietly, to find the girls focused on their dance for the music video. The choreographer was still in the middle of teaching them, but when he saw J.Y. walk in, he stopped the girls, bowed quickly, excusing himself from the room.


“Girls, are you having a good practice?” J.Y asked.
 

“Neh, J.Y. Sajangnim.” Seoyoung answered.


“Well, that’s great. I have someone that I would like you to meet.” J.Y. gestured for Doojoon to move closer. “This is Yoon Doojoon, from BEAST, and he will be the main actor for your Of Midnight music video.” J.Y introduced.


Doojoon bowed, “Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to working with you.” He said.
 

“You have a few hours free, right girls?” J.Y questioned.


“Ah, Neh, sajangnim.” Seoyoung answered again.


“Great, you have a few hours free too, right, Doojoon?” J.Y turned to the boy.


“Neh, J.Y hyung, I have practice to report to in two hours. But other than that, I’m free.” Doojoon answered.


“Stay here with the girls. Then, you can get to know each other for the video. I don’t want to have awkward chemistry on set. I want everyone to be comfortable and real.” J.Y smiled, leaving the room.

 

Debut Mini Album ~ of Midnight

 

  1. Intro ~ Time is Ticking ~
  2. Before you Disappear
  3. of Midnight [lead]
  4. Before Midnight
  5. Time Feat 2PM’s Chansung
  6. Cinderella
  7. Before you Disappear (Silver Mix)

 

---

 

MidNIGHT’s MV shoot was only a few days away and they have been practicing non-stop. They have been practicing their choreography since five in the morning. They wanted to make sure that they get their dance perfect.

 

“How long have they been at it?” Wooyoung asked Nichkhun as he ducked under his arm to look in their practice room. Wooyoung was late because he had to take care of something. The truth was that he was meeting IU for lunch. She wanted some advice from him, and the truth was that he wanted to see her. The six members of 2PM had the door of MidNIGHT’s practice room cracked. They have been watching them for awhile and wondered when they were going to take a break.

 

They boys slowly and quietly entered the room, and continued to watch their dongsaeng. Kalaya was the first to notice them, and she started to crash into the other girls, before falling flat on her .

 

Kalaya whined, “Ouch that hurt” in Thai in a low voice.

 

“Kalaya are you ok?” Nichkhun asked in Thai and she got embarrassed again. She forgot that Nichkhun spoke Thai, She lisped as she tried to stand up.

 

Jooyeon walked over to her and pulled Kalaya to her feet.

 

Their chorographer let out a sigh, “Girls that is enough for today. Go home and rest. You start shooting your music video tomorrow. Sleep is important, girls.”

 

“Nehhhhhh!” They all said at the same time. Kalaya was the first to run out of the practice room. The 2PM boys started to talk to the girls.

 

---

 

Kalaya needed to get her mind off of her nerves. She was so scared in performing in a language she barely even knows.  Kalaya entered a coffee café and ordered a drink and a pastry. When she turned around, Kalaya spilled her coffee on the man. “Mianhae” bowed at the person and started to clean the hot coffee off of him.

 

He grabbed her and stopped her. “It’s ok!” He smiled from under his hat. “Hey, you have an accent. You’re not from Korea right?”

 

“Is my accent that obvious?” Kalaya looked away with a slight blush on her cheeks. “You have an accent too are you not from her away well.”

 

“I was born here but moved to the Philippines when I was five and I lived there for most of my life.” He smiled, “You look familar. Ahhh I know where you are from… JYP’s new girl group. I have seen your videos on Youtube.”

 

Kalaya stumbled again and the person who she was talking to caught her arm. “Are you ok?” He looked really concerned.

 

“I’m ok for the most part. I am just nervous about debuting because Korean is really difficult for me.” Kalaya looked down. “I did not catch your name. I’m Kalaya”

 

“I’m Sanghyun, it is very nice to meet you. You have a very pretty name. I might be able to help you with this language barrier issue. I had some trouble when I moved back to Korea.”

 

Sanghyun walked up the counter and ordered two drinks and some treats for both of them.  He led her to a table and sat down. “Where are you from Kalaya?”

 

“Thailand, but I went to college in the United States and when I was in High School I studied in Japan for two years.”

 

“How many languages do you speak?” Sanghyun asked.

 

“I speak five languages.” Kalaya said as she took a sip of her coffee.

 

“That’s impressive.” He smiled, “It is not hard to grasp the Korean language.  You need to relax and be calm. If you speak too fast, it will not come out correctly, and don’t let your accent disappear. I find your accent cute.” He smiled and handed Kalaya a cookie.

 

Kalaya smiled and was feeling better from before, “Is that how you got used to the Korean language?”

 

“Being relaxed helped, but I also had help from my friends.” Sanghyun said.

 

“Can you be my tutor?” Kalaya took the cookie and munched down on it.

 

“I can do that for you. How about we meet here every day around this time?”  Sanghyun smiled, “Let me get your number.” They exchanged numbers. When Kalaya got her phone back, it started to buzz on the table.

 

“That would be great.” She looked at her phone, “I’m sorry I have to take this.” She stood up and started to talk in Thai. She returned and smiled at Sanghyun, “I’m sorry, but I have to go. I need to meet a friend of mine. Bye Sanghyun!” Kalaya left the Coffee shop with a smile on her face. She was gaining more confidence after talking to Sanghyun.

 

After Kalaya left, Sanghyun let out a sigh; he was happy that she did not recognize him.  Not many people know his real name after all.  Only his sister calls him that, but to his fans he is known as Cheondung or Thunder. He stood up and headed back to the company.  He was more curious about JYP’s new girl group MidNIGHT now.

 

---

 

“And Cut! That was the final shot, girls! Congratulations on your first music video!” The producer said before he left to put the clips together

.
The 6 girls and Doojoon reached for the water bottles that were provided to them, emptying them in seconds.


~So Beautiful, my girl~


Doojoon’s phone went off in the comfortable silence. “Yoboseyo?” The girls heard a faint voice on the other end before Doojoon responded, “Ah, Yoseob. What’s up?”

 

The girls reached for another water bottle and listened in on Doojoon’s conversation, “Neh, Just finished filming.”
 

Seomin looked at Doojoon as his facial expression change “Ehhh.. Now?” Yoseob seemed to be nagging him and he finally gave in to his little brother, “Aniyo, come then.”
 

Doojoon hung up with the younger boy. “Seomin-ah, want to get something to eat? Or do you have to go practice?” Doojoon asked her.


“Ah… Aniyo, we’re free. The others want to go sleep, but I’m hungry and wide awake. So let’s go!” Seomin cheered as Doojoon chuckled.


“Unni!! Can I come too??” Chanrin asked excitedly, having overheard the conversation. Chanrin hugged onto Seomin’s arm.


“Of course you can, Chanrin-ah. My other band member is coming as well.” Doojoon smiled at the two girls as they waved ‘bye’ to their other members.


They left the studio to find none other than, Yang Yoseob, randomly dancing in the hallway. He stopped when he noticed the 3 people walking out, “HYUNG! YAY! You’re done! Finally! Time for food!” Yoseob cheered when he saw Doojoon’s face.


Then, Yoseob finally noticed the girls standing on the side. “Hyung, who are these pretty girls?” He turned to them and happily did aegyo to make them giggle.


“These two are the youngest members of MidNIGHT, the new girl group from JYP. This is Seomin and Chanrin.” Doojoon introduced.


“Ahnyeonghaseyo~” Both girls bowed at the same time Yoseob did. Softly, Chanrin and Yoseob collided heads.


“Ahh.. I’m sorry!! That was on accident!!” Yoseob pouted as Chanrin rubbed her forehead cutely.


“It’s okay, Yoseob-ssi.” Chanrin smiled to make him feel better.


“Aniyo, here.” Yoseob magically popped out a banana from his jacket.


“Wahh!!” Chanrin happily took the banana and squealed, eating it.


“Looks like you found another banana lover, Yoseob.” Doojoon teased and the four of them left to find a restaurant.

 A.N. -- I know it has been awhile, but I been a but on the busy side. I now have a co writer and I adore her. Please support me and Rianne in this fic. We have some great and interesting things coming. WE ARE BRINGING IN THE D-R-A-M-A! ENJOY!