MyungJong

Arranged

 "I, Myungsoo, take you, Sungjong, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us."

 

Two week ago, we married. It doesn't seem like a lot of time has passed, but it has for us. After the ceremony and elaborate reception, we went back home. We spent our time packing our stuff, ready to move into one of our wedding gifts: our own place.  Hoya-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung, and Sungyeol-hyung helped me pack.  I asked them how it was like when they first moved in.

"It was magic for me. Of course I had met Dongwoo before we got married."
"You'll be fine, baby brother. AJ and I talked for a long time. Just talk to him. He seems like a good guy." I wanted to roll my eyes at them. I knew Yeol-hyung had been so nervous to talk to AJ-hyung, cause he had texted me for a long while. Their advice didn't seem helpful to me, but I am curious about my husband. 

The condo itself is huge. We have two living rooms, a gigantic kitchen (for what?), a piano in a corner of the room, and two bedrooms. I knew Sungkyu-hyung had to be behind this. He is now the head of his dad's company, so he has the fianaces to do something like this. Plus, my parents had to have some hand in this. Currently the condo is full of boxes Myungsoo and I have to go through together.

"Jongie," Myungsoo snaps me out of my thought process. I glance up at him. He has a handsome face. He probably made girls swoon in school. "May I call you Jongie, since we'll be togther for a long time?" He blushes as he asks. I nod and smile back at him. I think living together might not be so bad.

"I'm a horrible cook," I say as we leave the bedroom. "Do you think you can do that? I mean, can you cook at all?"
"Sure, I can cook. Are you hungry now? We can get to those boxes later." he says, gesturing to the boxes in the living room.
"Yeah, I'm a little hungry. I don't want to work on those boxes tonight. Do you feel awkward about us?"
"Nah. Kyu-hyung talks about his marriage life often to our parents, so I felt a little prepared." As he starts moving around the kitchen, I feel so relaxed. No one I had talked to ever made me feel relaxed. We found many things to talk about. Myungsoo used to have long hair in middle school that made everybody call him L. He loves manga. He told me that he knew my name before we married and he was given a picture. I wasn't allowed to know anything about my spouse, beforehand. We decided as it was getting late to sleep in the same room. The main bedroom had too many boxes, so we slept in the guest room.


We woke up a little late, having to hurry to get to class. Breakfast would have to be skipped, as we hurriedly took showers and threw on our school uniforms (thankfully, they were not in a box). Our driver honked his horn, trying to rush us. L rolls his eyes, while I make sure we have our things. We skip to the elevators, holding hands. L's phone goes off.
"Yeoboseyo." L is only able to get that out, before the person on the other end starts yelling.
"Why aren't you two lovebirds out here yet? My precious time is being wasted and jagi is trying to convince our driver to not leave you two!"
"Good morning to you too, Woohyun-hyung. We are on the elevator, now."
"Clearly, you never looked at your phone last night, or you would have known that we were supposed to get you to school early! Jagi has an important meeting, and you know how he is. And I'll never hear the end of it!"
"Please stop yelling, hyung. You're not setting a good example for Jongie."
"Oh, that's why you're so late," he gleefully says. I have no idea of what he means, but L does.
"Uh, hyung, you're creeping me out. Will you please stop? Jongie doesn't know."
"Are you so sure? You're not lying to hyung," he smirks over the phone.
"Um, Woohyun-hyung, can you please stop making fun of my yeobo?" There was a ridiculous amout of laughing over the phone. He hung up first as we made our way to the car.

"Morning lovebirds," Sungkyu-hyung says as we get in the car. We bid him morning as well. The last time I had seen him, it was at the wedding. And it was only a brief glance. He has red hair and small eyes. He certainly didn't look like his brother. 
"Myungsoo-ah, be careful at school today. Those pesky girls might try to grab you."
"Ah, let them chase him," Woohyun break in. "Then, he can let them down slowly. They might start a fan club for them both. Ah, the love." Myungie and I look at each other, shaking our heads at hyung. "See, they are already coordinated with each other. Leave them alone, you big baby."
"You know how I am. I'm just trying to protect them."
"From what?" I lean over to Myungie and whisper quietly in his ear, "They act like they've been married for 20 years. So old." Myungie starts laughing, which attracts those two.
"What did he say?"
"Nothing, hyung." The old hyungs continue back to the teasing arguement and we laugh at them all the way to school.

"Bye, ahjusshi and ahjumma. We'll be fine at school," we say as we get out. 
"What did you say? Did you just call me old?"
"I am not an ahjumma!" We laugh at them, as they disappear. Myungie reaches for my hand and I let him. He knows I am nervous, as we enter school.

 

 


Thank you for being patient. This chapter is finally complete! The next chapter should be up this week. If not, next week.

mikikanon