Chapter 2

Sweet Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I-Its a-ah pleasure to me-et you-” Ae-cha stuttered and smiled nervously. Kiseop laughed at her cuteness. He’s used to this type of behaviour from his victims. He can’t blame them; he’s very aware that he’s visually appealing to the opposite and this helps him a great lot, after all, the mouse won’t go in the trap if there’s no cheese in it now will it? 
Kiseop flashed his pearly white teeth at Ae-cha, showing off his charm.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you too,” he started. 
They both stayed awkwardly silent for a while. Ae-cha tried her best to avoid eye contact while Kiseop was observing the interesting creature, analysing every little detail in her complexion. Dr.Renolds noticed the tension between the pair and suggested, 
“Ae-cha, why don’t you show Dr.Lee around the hospital and get to know him more? It would be a nice bonding experience for the two of you since you’ll be working together in the future.” 
Ae-cha looked over to Dr.Renolds, bowing in appreciation for the great idea she was just given.
“Yes, that is a great idea doctor, I will do that right away.” She led Kiseop out of the small office into the empty hallway. She looked over to the handsome man, only to break the eye contact quickly and to look down at the ground. He smirked at her shyness and added,
“Don’t be nervous, I get this alot.” 
Ae-cha murmured in a sarcastic tone, “I wonder why…” 
“I think you can answer that question fairly easily, looking at the way that you act around me.” He stood up straight in confidence.
Ae-cha rolled her eyes and gestured for him to follow her. 
“Come on, I must show you around now.” She spoke in a relaxed tone.
“Alright.” He gave into her orders and followed her. 
She went back to the enterance which kiseop had came through. 
“This is the reception,” Kiseop looked around to see very busy ladies working at the main desk, handling calls and dealing with patient data. The reception seemed to be a very busy place, the buzzing of the workers and patients, telephone calls and the ruffling of ‘probably important’ documents filled Kiseops ears. By the reception desk Kiseop spotted a familiar face. It was Areum. She noticed he was looking at her and waved frantically in excitement. 
“Hi Kiseop!” She shouted across the room. All eyes turned to Kiseop, including Ae-cha’s. 
“You know Areum?” She looked amused.
“Unfortunately,” he mouthed. Ae-cha laughed,
“Shall we go then? I’m not very fond of talking to her either.” She admitted. 
“Yeah, let’s go.” They both quickly rushed out of the reception and started walking down another hallway. They were walking past the A section of the hospital.
“This is the A section of the hospital. Our hospital is a bit different to the ones you probably worked in previously,” she began explaining, “We have sections for different age groups, and the number that follows the section letter, for example A1, will determine what kind of appointment it will be, whether it’s only a check up or a surgery.” Kiseop was entertained by how focused Ae-cha was in explaining the structure and system of the hospital.
“And I was notified that you would be working in D4 which is surgery for ages between 60-70, and male.” 
“Sounds about right, that IS what I signed up for.” 
“Good, now let’s continue.” Ae-cha continued to lead him down the hallway until they reached the cafeteria. It seemed like there were some workers on break drinking a cup of coffee on the sofas outside of the cafeteria. It was just like in the movies for Ae-cha, the 5 female workers being the Queens of the school, in this case, hospital. However there was always the one that lead them all, the Queen-bee, and she goes by the name Jee Seung - the definition of fake , from Ae-cha’s point of view anyway. 
It seemed that Kiseop had felt Ae-cha’s tension. 
“What’s the matter?” He asked conserned. 
Still having her eyes on Jee Seung, she said,
“Oh nothing, it’s just that I dislike a particular worker here, and coincidentally she is right infront of me. By the way, don’t be suprised if she comes up to us any second now.” And correct Ae-cha was, because Jee Seung was making her way over to them with her gang. 
“Oh morning Ae-cha, you on your break now too?” She flashed Ae-cha her classic fake teeth. She knew very well that the only reason she was being so nice to her was because there was an attractive specimen currently next to her. 
Ae-cha put on a fake smile to hide her disgust.
“No, I’m actually on duty right now. This is Dr.Lee and he’s the new surgeon here. I’m showing him around.” Jee Seung held her hand out at Kiseop and he gently shook it. 
“Nice to meet you Jee Seung,” he smiled warmly at her. 
“And you Dr.Lee. I’m actually also a surgeon here working in Section B2.” 
“Oh, well unfortunately we won’t be able to run into each other as much since I’m working in section D4.” 
“Oh that’s not a problem, let’s have coffee sometime. In fact,” 
Jee Seung turned around to the forgotten Ae-cha, “Why don’t I show Dr.Lee around? You must be quite busy…” 
Ae-cha and Kiseop made quick eye contact, with Kiseop subtly shaking his head in disapproval of the idea. 
Ae-cha’s eyes travelled back to Jee Seungs,
“Oh there’s no need for that, I’m going to be Dr.Lee’s assistant so boss thought this would be a great way to get to know each other better.” Ae-cha smirked at the annoyed Jee Seung. 
“Oh,” her tone died down in disappointment. “if that’s the case I will leave you to it Ae-cha.” She could sence the envy in her voice, and smirked to herself evilly.
“Thanks for offering though,” Ae-cha said 'sweetly’. 
“Ofcourse. Dr.Lee,” she turned to Kiseop, “if you ever need any help with anything I would gladly help.” 
“Thank you, I’ll take that in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter