Tell Me Y

Falling for You

U-Kiss’s single was now getting ready to be released in Japan. Gabby herself was working with another group in NH media, a new girl group. She still enjoyed dancing, but definitely missed seeing Kevin.

 

Should I tell him my feelings? Gabby had never confessed to a guy before, since before guys had always shown interest in her, and then she just reciprocated. What should she do? U-Kiss would be in Japan for over a month…

As the date neared, Gabby decided to hang out with Kevin more. If she happened to say something, then so be it, if not then that was it. But they had spent some more time together. They would sometimes meet back at the Han river, either with or without James. Gabby decided to ask Kevin to hang out for chimek – chicken and beer.

 

She sent a text to Kevin that day. She didn’t know if he would be free, but if he was it would be late at night after a dance practice.

Gabby: Hey, are you free today? Do you wanna do chimek?

A text finally came a couple hours later, in the afternoon.

Kevin: Yeah! J I won’t be free until late tonight, dance practice u know

Gabby: Sure, just let me know when youre free

 

That night Gabby was waiting in her apartment. What should she wear? She decided on a miniskirt and loose shirt. Gabby usually wasn’t too concerned about her appearance, but wanted to look nice for Kevin. Her phone finally buzzed around 10pm. It was a message from Kevin!

Hey, just got done with practice. I can meet you at that place near the studio in 30 minutes.

Gabby quickly texted back. Ok, meet you then.

 

One good thing about living in Seoul was that it was perpetually open 24 hours. All kinds of businesses stayed open at all hours, and there was definitely a vibrant nightlife. She arrived at the restaurant a bit before 10:30, anxiously glancing around. She was the only foreigner there, but after being in Korea for a few months she had gotten used to it. The only problem about being alone there was hoping no one would try to talk to her, or hit on her. Luckily Kevin showed up a bit after 10:30, wearing jeans and a tshirt, along with a hat. Damn he looked really fine, even dressed simply. Gabby tried to contain her glee and leaned to wave at him.

 

“Hey! There you are. It’s nice to finally go somewhere and not practice all the time.” Kevin told her.

“Yeah, I was surprised you had time. I didn’t want you to come if you were really busy!”

“Nah, its cool. I want to get out sometimes. I was happy that you texted me.” He said, smiling at her.

Gabby felt herself getting giddy. Giggling, she responded “I’m happy you came!”

 

They ordered food and a pitcher of beer and continued talking. Kevin told her they were working on a Japanese song, a ballady type single to be released there. Gabby told him about dance practice for the new girl group.

“They are really cute, but I can tell they are so nervous! It’s kinda funny sometimes.”

“Oh really? Yeah I’ve seen them only a few times around the company; they are cute.”

Gabby felt a tinge of jealousy.

 

The food then arrived, and soon they were both eating and chugging away at the beer. It was so fun! Kevin was a really funny dude, especially as he told stories about his idol life.

“so yeah, they totally made me dress in drag and dance like a girl!”

“Nuh uh!!! I can’t believe you did that. And you were just a teenager! It mustve been soo embarrassing!”

“Well, it was all for the fans you know…”

 

They continued talking and eating. Gabby could now feel the alcohol through her system.

“Aw, I wish you weren’t going to Japan!” She told him. “I’m gonna miss… hanging out with you!”

“yeah, but Japan is a big market for us , yknow.” Kevin replied. “But I’ll miss you too!”

Gabby felt herself pondering what he said. What? He’s gonna miss me?? For really? But we have both been drinking…

“Hey you know what?” Kevin said to her, “Do you wanna walk by the Han river? It’s really pretty at night.”

They had both finished eating then, and so Gabby responded with an enthusiastic yes. Finally reaching the river, they walked for a bit in silence and then sat down on a bench facing the water.

 

“Ah, it is really nice!! It’s really pretty.” Gabby told him.

“Yeah, I like to come here sometimes at night just to get away from stuff.” He replied.

“Oh really? Like what?” she asked.

“Oh, just stress that comes from being an idol. Crazy fans, working too much. Sometimes I miss my family as well. It was really bad when I was younger, but ive gotten used to it now.”

“Yeah, I can’t believe you were so young. I don’t know how I would do it.”

“Me neither… but I did!”

A moment passed and then Kevin continued: “You know, I will miss you while I’m in Japan. I’m really happy that I’ve gotten to know you.”

Gabby felt like she was hearing things.

“What? You will??” she asked him breathlessly.

“Yeah! I really like you.” He responded.

Wait what? Had Kevin said that? But like as in like, or just as a person?

“I like you too!” she blurted out.

“You do?” he asked.

“Well yeah! You were the first person I became friends with, and you’re a really cool person.”

“Well you seemed like a cool girl, so I wanted to get to know you”, he responded, moving closer.

Gabby smiled and said “Yeah, I wanna know everything about you.”

“I want to know everything about you too” he replied.

 

They were staring at each other now, and after a moment Kevin closed his eyes and leaned in. Gabby leaned in too, and then they kissed.

A second later Kevin leaned away and blushed. “I’m sorry, was that too forward?” he asked.

“No, I liked it!” Gabby replied, leaning in again.

They kissed again, and Gabby felt she would melt into a puddle.