Tell Me

Tell Me

________________________________________________________________________

“Ok everyone, that’s a wrap for today, see you all tomorrow,” the director called.

She started packing up her supplies, her gaze shifting from what she was doing, to the commotion around her, to one person really, he was the singer whom all this was for.

She came here from America two months ago as a professional make-up artist and in that time had worked with all kinds of celebrities, but none of them affected her the way he did. There was something about him, something that made her gravitate towards him, maybe it was his outgoing personality or that infectious laugh, or maybe… it was that smile, that smile that seemed to radiate from his very being. Whatever it was, it consumed her, washed over her all day. She couldn’t stop thinking about him, wanting to be around him even when she shouldn’t be.

Park Jung Min made his way around, thanking everyone for their work, he bowed over and over as he started out. This was their second day of a four day shoot, as second head make-up artist, she hadn’t had the opportunity to work with him as the head make-up artist was assigned to him, but she so badly wanted to. What made it hard were those times he’d be sitting next to her chair and he’d be talking in rapid Korean to Jinsu, the make-up artist, about something and it took everything in her not to stare. He was always kind to her, always smiling always laughing, making everyone on set laugh. Her Korean was decent, but she had a long way to go, luckily she could understand enough to keep up well, until they started speaking very fast, then she had the tendency to get lost.

She just wanted to get to know him, to be around him, talk with him, but the chance never came. He was, of course, so busy shooting the video so there wasn’t much opportunity and she had to take care of the dancers and extras, it made it near impossible.

He came by to where she was and her whole body tensed, would he even bother to acknowledge her?

“Thank you for your work today.”

She whirled around to find him staring at her, a bright smile on his lips and she bit her lip and gave him a small bow and a smile.

“See you tomorrow!” He winked and walked off.

She stood there, watching as he left, a group following in his wake. She slumped down in the chair, her heart pounding painfully in her chest. The feeling of longing so overwhelming, she felt tears burning at the back of her eyes. Forcing them back, she stood and continued packing up.

~~~

She set the dishes in the sink and headed down the hall to her room, switching the light off, throwing the room into darkness before flopping down on the bed, sighing heavily. She only had time for a few hours of sleep before she had to get up and get right back on the set, she knew she had to sleep, but it wouldn’t come. Turning her head, she looked over to the clock on the nightstand.

I hear the ticking of the clock

I'm lying here the room's pitch dark

She wondered where he was, what he was doing now. Was he sleeping? Was he out with friends, a girlfriend perhaps? What did it matter, it wasn’t her business, but she wanted it to be, she wanted to know what he was doing, who he spent his time with.

Reaching out blindly, she grabbed at her cellphone on the nightstand next to her, no new messages, it wasn’t as if he’d text her of all people, he hardly knew her. She could send him a message she had his info as second to Jinsu, but what would she say? Besides she was only to reach out to him in case something came up or in the event of an emergency, neither of which was the case right now.

Scrolling around her phone, she pulled up his info and stared at it, the temptation was high, the desire was strong, just for a moment, just to hear his deep, rich voice speak to her again. She could imagine, telling him that she needed him, wanted him there to hold her through the night so she didn’t have to feel so lonely in a foreign country. Her finger hovered over the screen for a moment before she pressed the button at the side, effectively turning the screen off and putting it back on the nightstand. No, she couldn’t do it, she’d make it another night alone.

I wonder where you are tonight

No answer on the telephone

And the night goes by so very slow

Oh I hope that it won't end though

Alone

~~~

“You’re all set,” she smiled at the dancer who gave her a quick smile and bow before slipping off the chair, she tidied up a bit before the next dancer sat and she gave them him a quick smile, grabbing some foundation, pouring some on a triangular sponge and started applying. Just then that familiar scent wafted into the room and he soon followed, making his way over to the chair next to her. Somehow she managed to not lose her concentration, she casted him a quick glance and she was stunned to find him watching her. He gave her a smile and a bow of his head.

“Hello noona.”

She at her dry lips and smiled, “Hello Mr. Park.”

He tilted his head to the side suddenly, watching her in curiosity.

“You do not have to be formal, you are my senior,” he said suddenly.

She chuckled, “Ok then, Jung Min.”

He grinned broadly and just then Jinsu came over and he smiled at her and she started speaking to him. After everyone finished, she and Jinsu started getting ready for the next scene, a break was called and she went to get her lunch from the fridge. Everyone usually ordered out, but she never joined in as she was unsure of what to order, so she ate alone. She sat in her chair in her area, eating her simple salad, when suddenly there were several containers set in front of her on the table. Turning her head, she saw Jung Min sit in the chair next to her and she stilled.

“That is not enough, have some of mine,” he said, opening the containers, the heavenly scent of vegetables and spices permeated the air.

She could feel her face burning, this was so unexpected.

“N-no, it’s ok, this salad is enough.”

Jung Min frowned, “Ani, eat this, ahhh!”

He picked up something and held it out with his chopsticks. Feeling highly flustered, she looked at him and his gaze left no room for argument. Carefully she leaned in and took the bite, chewing cautiously, her eyes widening after a moment.

“Ohh delicious!” She moaned.

Jung Min nodded, “Yes, it is very good, here,” he whipped out another package of chopsticks and then called out to someone and suddenly a paper plate appeared.

He heaped a generous amount on it and then opened other containers and started piling more stuff on the plate before reaching out and taking her nearly empty salad bowl away and placing the over flowing plate on her lap and handed her the package of chopsticks. Hesitantly she took them and he sat there waiting for her. She opened the package and broke the sticks apart, feeling highly self-conscious. Cautiously she started eating, everything was delicious.

“Thank you for sharing this with me, it’s so good,” you say softly.

He nodded, starting to eat his, “Ne, you were eating all alone, I noticed yesterday. I made sure to get extra today, you shouldn’t eat by yourself, it’s better with friends.”

She looked over at him and before she could stop herself, she asked, “Are we friends?”

He looked at her and gave her one of his beautiful smiles, “I don’t know, are we?”

She blinked and nodded, “Yes?”

He raised an eyebrow, “You don’t sound sure.”

“It’s up to you,” she said and meant it.

She’d be his acquaintance, his friend, his whatever, she didn’t care she just wanted to know him, to be in his life and on his radar in anyway.

“No, you, I brought the food, I’ve already put it out there, do you accept this friendship?”

She nodded, probably a little too adamantly and he chuckled.

“Ok then, friends it is.”

She would’ve jumped around if she could, but she calmly continued to eat, sneaking glances at him every so often.

~~~

The next day she made her way onto the set, but everything seemed to be at a standstill, she heard screaming and yelling coming from a room. She sat her bag down on her chair and looked at Jinsu, who looked annoyed and worried.

“What’s going on?”

“It’s Jung Min ssi’s girlfriend, she came and disrupted things like she always seems to. No one likes her, even Jung Min ssi. Now they’re arguing in his room, she does this all the time, she clings to him, she comes here and starts trouble knowing he’s working. Now we have to wait, the director already tried kicking her out but she insisted on speaking to him,” Jinsu explained.

Just then there was a bang as the door to the room they were in was flung open, banging against the wall. The woman emerged, Jung Min trying to calm her down, they were speaking in rapid Korean, too fast for her to keep up with. She got bits and pieces of it, but not enough to make sense out of.

The woman said something and she could tell that Jung Min was trying hard to keep his cool, suddenly the woman shoved him and said something and stormed off, knocking things over as she went.

No one said anything and Jung Min turned and after apologizing, headed back into the room, shutting the door softly. The director told everyone to continue on and then headed into the room where Jung Min was.

“Uhh, I’m assuming she’s not coming back?”

Jinsu nodded, “Ani, she just broke up with him.”

Her eyes widened and just then Jinsu was called into the room and she left. Hesitantly she started unloading her things and then started applying make-up to the dancers, while the staff started to clean up the mess Jung Min’s ex made. A short time later the director and Jinsu came out followed by Jung Min.

He followed Jinsu over to the chair and sat. Not wanting to act like anything was wrong, she turned back to her chair just as another dancer came up, she and Jinsu worked quickly, nothing was said aside from occasional calls out for different cosmetics. She hazard a quick glance at Jung Min just as she finished up the last dancer, to see him staring ahead at the mirror. Gone was his usual smile and outgoing personality, he looked tired and annoyed. Just then director called Jinsu over for a minor emergency with one of the dancers.

“Hey, can you finish Jung Min ssi?” Jinsu said before hurrying off.

Her eyes widened, her? She’d never done his make-up before.

Clearing , she picked up the sponge and continued to put the foundation on. After, she followed the diagram of notes Jinsu had made, working efficiently, getting the rest of his make-up on and finishing in record time. Jung Min mumbled a soft ‘thanks’ and stood up, leaving.

Till now I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

How do I get you alone

How do I get you alone

~~~

“That’s it for tonight, see you all tomorrow morning,” the director called.

She turned and started cleaning up, she noticed Jung Min didn’t come by to say goodbye like he had been, but Jinsu came over, clipboard in hand a measuring tape around her neck.

“Can you take some more measurements of Jung Min ssi for me please? We’re backed up due to earlier, there needs to be alterations made to some of his costumes,” she said, shoving the clipboard into her hands and looping the measuring tape around her neck before hurrying over to Jung Min.

“W-wait!” She called.

Her eyes widened as Jung Min looked over at her, just then Jinsu left and he made his way over. She swallowed hard, she’d have to touch him, get close to him, how could she do that? It’d been what she’d been wanting, but not like this, not when he was clearly not wanting to be there and not in the mood.

He came over, giving her a weak smile and she nodded. Setting the clipboard down, she led him out a little ways. She looked around hesitantly to see that just about everyone was gone, it was just them in the room alone.

She removed the tape from around her neck and knelt down, measuring his leg, grabbing the clipboard and jotting the notes down. Looking up, she saw him looking ahead, he seemed to be lost in thought.

“C-can you spread your legs please?” She said shakily.

He spread his legs apart silently, and she cleared , spreading the tape along his inseam, jotting the measurements down on the board before quickly standing.

“Can you take your jacket off and move your left arm out to you side please,” she said.

He did so, taking his jacket off and slinging it over the chair before holding his arm out.

She took the measurements, jotting it down. Moving around behind him, staring at his broad back.

“Both arms out please,” she said softly.

She removed the tape again, spreading it out over his back, she moved in close, she could feel the heat from his body, smell the faint scent of cologne on his clothes and sighed. Jung Min looked over his shoulder at her and she pulled away quickly, jotting the measurements down.

Making her way back around in front of him, she brought her gaze to his to find him staring at her quizzically, as if trying to figure something out. She cleared again, wrapping the tape around his neck and then jotting it down. She then leaned in, wrapping the tape around his chest, when suddenly his arms closed around her and she went perfectly still.

“Are you ok?” He asked softly.

She looked up at him, she was in his arms, he was actually holding her, after what had happened today, he was worried about her.

“W-what?”

“You’re all flushed, you look ready to pass out. I want to make sure you’re ok.”

She stared at him, his full lips as he spoke, it was everything she’d been thinking of all this time. She brought her fingers up, trailing them over his lips lightly and his eyes warmed, his gaze intensifying.

You don't know how long I have wanted

To touch your lips and hold you tight, oh

His hold on her tightened and she blinked, realizing what she had done, she tore her hand away, stumbling from his arms.

“I-I’m, s-sorry!” She whispered.

She didn’t know what had come over her just then, she got so wrapped up in the moment.

He frowned, “Are you ok? Did something happen? You can tell me.”

She wanted to tell him, god how she wanted to tell him. Looking up at him, it was right there, on the tip of her tongue, how bad she wanted to say those words and if what had happened earlier hadn’t, if he didn’t have a girlfriend, or an ex-girlfriend not even 24 hours old yet, she may have.

You don't know how long I have waited

And I was going to tell you tonight

“No, nothing’s wrong, I’m ok,” she said, giving him a smile.

He continued to stare at her.

“Well you’re all set, I know you’re busy and you have to go.”

He let out a breath, bringing a hand up to rub at his eyes.

“Ok then I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said, giving her one last look before turning and heading out.

But the secret is still my own

And my love for you is still unknown

Alone

She slumped down in the chair, leaning over on the table as the gentle cries took her, it wasn’t fair. She’d come so close, so close, he’d held her as if he cared. For once out of the two months since she’d been here, she didn’t feel so alone. Back home it wouldn’t have been like this, she would’ve been fine, she’d always been independent, took care of herself, not now though. She was out of her league in a foreign country with only one friend who she didn’t want to just be friends with.

Till now I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

She was so lonely and tired of being alone. She felt an arm slide around her back in comfort and not bothering to look, went into the arms that were open, offering the comfort and protection she so desperately craved.

She felt herself being pulled out of the chair and up against a warm body. The arms tightened around her, a hand rubbing at her back soothingly and she wrapped her arms around the person. It felt good, really good, so good in fact, her body relaxed and she rested her head against the broad chest and stilled again. Broad chest?

Looking up, she saw Jung Min!

“Jung Min!” She cried, trying to pull away, but he didn’t let her this time.

“Shhhh, shh, I am not letting go this time,” he said softly.

“What are you doing back?”

“I forgot my jacket, good thing too. What are you doing crying alone like that? You should never have to be alone when you cry. From now on if you need to cry, come to me,” he said firmly.

“Jung Min…”

“Ya! No arguing, you will come to me and cry and I will hold you, arrasso?”

She looked up at him and he looked down at her and smiled. She bit her lip and he frowned.

“Stop that, no lip biting either, ya!” He said again when she didn’t stop.

He raised an eyebrow and she chuckled, it only lasted a second before his lips came down on hers, stifling all laughter. Her heart pounded frantically in her chest and he slowly pulled away.

“You bite your lip and that’s your punishment,” he announced, whispering against her lips.

She grinned and bit her lip again and he started laughing hard and she giggled.

“Ahh so you want that punishment huh?”

“When it’s like that from you, definitely,” she said quietly.

He looked down at her, “You don’t have to do that for me to kiss you.”

She swallowed hard, “I don’t?”

He shook his head, “Ani.”

“Then what?”

He smiled, “You just need to tell me and I’ll do it.”

She her lips, it was now or never.

“Jung Min?”

“Ne?” He said, watching her.

“Kiss me?”

“You don’t sound so sure,” he chuckled.

“Oh trust me, I’m sure.”

He grinned and leaned down, “Well since you asked…”

He leaned in, kissing her deeply.

How do I get you alone

How do I get you alone

 

Alone, alone

Song: Alone - by Heart (Lyrics from Lyric Find, courtesy of Bing)