Chapter 2

Random Rendezvous

“What happened to your face?” Kyungsoo asked quite worriedly despite the grin plastered on this face, and both hands busy with two bags filled with fries, burgers and plastic cups as he made his way through the living room to place the bags on a nearby coffee table.

 Giving the elder a glare, Sehun just scowled before rummaging through the fridge, taking out a cold compress he had caused a stir of snickers– and questions of concern afterwards - from his bug-eyed friend.

“Hush Kyungsoo,” a voice spoke behind as an arm slithered around Jongin’s shoulders. “Our Sehunnie too broken to talk about how Chanyeol caused a riot and pummeled his face this morning.”

“Bwoh? Wasn’t anyone there to stop it?”

“Well, you could have stopped Chanyeol’s rage. But you weren’t and if you were, then we wouldn’t have this stock of food.”He simply deadpanned before batting his lashes at the shorter male, “Thanks for bringing the food mom.”

Slightly annoyed, Kyungsoo snarled at the cheeky bastard before brushing his arm off and dug through the paper bag, promptly tossing the maknae a burger he had gotten out. “Here, breakfast.”

Sehun, who was in the kitchen had easily caught the burger in his left hand. However, he had only given it a second glance – with his already slit eyes even more narrowed at it – before flinging it back to an unexpecting Kyungsoo.

“Dude what the hell?”

“…. Can’t eat …. Hurts too much….” Sehun merely mumbled before dragging himself back to the room he was sharing with Jongin.

Kyungsoo could only grimace at his friend’s sorry state, his attention, however immediately shifted to the abruptly opened bathroom door, in it was the not-so-gentle giant wiping his hands at the back of his pants. His face displayed absolute bliss – as opposite to the grim expression Sehun had been wearing.

“I wouldn’t go in there in the next 15 minutes if I were you.” Chanyeol advised as he lounged himself on the side of the sofa nearest to the coffee table Jongin had palced the bags of food. “Nice, food! Good job Kyungsoo!” he gave the boy a thumbs up before pigging out on some fries.

“Baekhyun, what exactly happened when I was out?” Kyungsoo asked quietly.

“One word Kyungsoo. Chanbaek happened to him.” He simply deadpanned before fishing out his own share of food and retreated to his best buddy’s side.


It was already a couple of hours since the all the food was long gone and most of the gang were already huddled up at the living room. All except for Jongin who was still probably asleep  and Sehun who was still moping.

They were playing a videogame when wild laughter erupted from the two’s bedroom. “DUDE YOU LOOK LIKE SOME ED UP PANDA. BWAHAHAHAHA!” and commotion ensued instantly afterwards, to which the others paid no heed to it as their attention was still focused on the game.

Seconds later Sehun was already out of the room – which was still filled with Jongin’s maniacal cackles-  his expression was spur as he made his way  to Chanyeol who had been lazing on a beanbag and punched the older one before slumping down beside him.

“Owwww – but I deserved that. I’m sorry I punched you too hard bro.” Chanyeol gripped his arm with a mildly pained expression but he had already been laughing at the end of his sentence.

Sehun too, was grinning “Yeah but I’m not sorry about drawing on your poster anymore.”

Chanyeol morely rolled his eyes as he pressed on Sehun’s bruised cheek, as Jongin with all his morning glory came sauntering out of their room. “Okay guys, what’s for brunch?”

“A knuckle sandwich from me if you don’t put on a pair of pants.”


“Hanuel-ah what time did you go to bed last night?” Haneul’s mother asked as she laid down a plate full of good-old traditional Korean breakfast.

“Hmm… I was already at bed a quarter to 10.” She simply answered, gobbling her food down with her head purposely stooped down lower as to avoid any possible falters in her expression.

“Really? Then you must have slept with the light still on again.” Her mother had simply concluded, “Haneul-ah didn’t I keep telling you to turn it off once you go to sleep? We don’t have much money left till my next paycheck –“ she simply quibbled on to which Haneul only bobbed her head, hiding a grin that was playing on her lips.

It was already a week since she started. Sneaking out an hour or two before midnight, to work at a local bistro around their area. And no, it isn’t some shady job.

She had begged the shop owner to let her and her guitar take up the vacant spot of an entertainer and it possible, not tell her mother about it. And luckily she agreed – blessing Haneul with both the extra money and pure leisure of it. However the shop ajuhmma told her that she would tell her mother – who was her friend back in high school – immediately if she ever gets in trouble.

And that was basically how she managed to become Nabi’s new performer – Lee Ryuhan – a male singer.

Hanuel figured that the “troubles” that Mrs. Kim mentioned would most likely pertain to certain customers who had the tendency to drunk themselves stupid and try to hit on any girl in their radius.

‘Cross-dressing.’ Hanuel concluded on the morning of her first gig at the bar.

So putting on some extra layers on clothing to make herself look more bulkier, Hanuel hid her shoulder length hair in a beanie and wore a rather masculine decorated face mask on her first day. And lucky enough, thanks to the bar’s dark lighting and towering stature, she figured she would be needing to buy herself some androgynous clothes now.

“Haneul, can you do the dishes for this morning? I want to walk your grandmother outside so she could get some fresh air.” Her mother chirped from the other side of the table.

Rather absently-mindedly Haneul agreed without any constraints.

“Oh, and I’ve noticed that you’ve been so engrossed into either strumming on your guitar or on the computer. I would appreciate it if you try to pick up some of your books or help me with your grandma without me telling you to do so.”

Haneul could only sigh as she listens to her mother’s rambling go on that morning. Nodding, she gets up from her seat and extends her arms to catch her mother’s head in a hug, “Yes, mom. I love you too, now will you please stop nagging me?” she says with puppy dog eyes.

“Ah – this child – Did you even listen to what I just said?”

“Affirmative!” Hanuel chides bringing her arm in a saluting position as she swiftly gathers the used plates and escaped out of the dining room  to the confides of the kitchen.

Left gaping at her daughter’s actions, Mrs. Lee could only shake her head, “Well, she is at that time and age.” Mumbling, not knowing what her daughter had in plan for that night.


“What was the name of the bar that the lounge ajushi suggested to us the other day?” Chanyeol muttered, lazily staring at the ceiling.

“Hmmm, I think it was called Nabi.” Suho answered his head poking out from the bathroom, the sound of running water was reverberating in the depths of the boys’ now quiet lodge unit.

After rowdily going on an escapade, wandered around the area and a hearty lunch, all of the guys – except for Suho – had knocked out on the floor the moment they got back. And Chanyeol who was the first one up, woke up thinking that they definitely needed to go to every single destination the locals suggested to them. He figured that their vacation would end on a rather stale note if he wouldn’t do it.

That, and because he wanted to find a new bar since the previous one they had been going to regularly ever since the trip had them banned due to certain reasons. And he simply felt responsible enough to find the guys a new one. Nothing more to that, really.

“Why’d you ask?” Suho asks, draining the bland sound of running water from Chanyeol’s ears, succesfully bringing him out of his ocean of half-asleep thoughts.

“Nothing special." Chanyeol mused."Hey hyung, we can still use your credit card tonight, right?”


I didn't proofread it, so I'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes and the like.

Hope you guys like it