Oasis Plotline

Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for reading, enjoying and perhaps even loving Oasis for the past few years. It really means a lot to me and definitely to my past self who enjoyed writing for DaeJae so much. You guys were more than kind and always so supportive, and I really appreciate all the heartfelt comments and the insanely amazing artworks I've gotten for Oasis. The love you guys have shown for my works when they're so mediocre is really and will always be one of the best parts of my early life.

I'm sorry that I was not able to update this constantly and I even left it hanging for more than a year. Over the years, I started getting some harassment from certain other parts of the fandom. I was young and socially anxious, so I didn't know how to deal with it well. I became very anxious and embarrassed to post up a chapter, afraid to disappoint, especially since you guys were so nice to me. It made me reluctant to write and I was constantly worrying that what I wrote would be misconstrued or that the fic was just bad all in all, and you guys would turn from like to dislike. It made me often rewrite chapters again and again, and start and abandon fics a lot. When B.A.P's separation came, it was another weight and I didn't think to update anymore as no one would read the fic.

I really want to thank all of you for reading Oasis and all the love you've given it. It truly was such a great experience and every comment I got filled my heart with happiness. Even though writing fanfics became harder and harder, and I'd keep crazily checking my fic again and again out of anxiety that I wrote something wrongly and someone would dig up more reasons to harass me, I still would choose to go down that same road as the sweet thoughts and constructive feedback gave me more happiness than anything!

I'm not sure if anyone wants this, but in case some do, I'm sorry - I know it's a crappy feeling to be left on a cliffhanger. Looking back, there's a lot of things I should have improved on for Oasis, but I hope this will be enough. TvT I don't want to make any empty promises anymore, so I've written the plotline I'd planned for Oasis in hopes that it can make up for it a little bit.

Thank you once again, and I hope everyone's feeling well! Please take care, stay safe and feel free to message me anytime! ILY :')

 

 

 

 

OASIS PLOTLINE

 

— HISTORY —

Youngjae is the son of Jaejoong and Yunho.

Daehyun is the son of Heechul and Hankyung, the butler.

Jaejoong and Yunho were always in love but Yunho’s parents disapproved of them getting together since Jaejoong was poor and lowly in education. Yunho was arranged to be married with Heechul. Yunho wanted to elope with Jaejoong, but realised that he would be putting Jaejoong in grave danger - his family would sabotage Jaejoong in a blink of an eye and were just being merciful in letting Yunho make the choice of willingly breaking up with him.

So, Heechul and Yunho got married. Yunho and Jaejoong continued dating in secret. Heechul was well aware of it because Yunho was an who didn’t try hard to hide it - he didn’t care if Heechul knew. But Heechul knew his place as the wife, so he it up. At least, Yunho wasn’t a terribly neglectful father - he still doted on the kids, even though he didn’t care about Heechul.

Since Heechul was distant with his husband, he was often miserable. He slowly got closer to the butler Hankyung who was sympathetic for him. Yunho went on many business trips and didn’t bring Heechul along, so Heechul had to deal with his heats on his own. Heechul’s heats were the severe kind where he’d be very, very sick.

After some time, Heechul and Hankyung fell in love and started dating in secret.

In 1986, Heechul experiences a terrible heat while Yunho is away. Hankyung gives in and they have . They conceive Daehyun - once Heechul notices the symptoms of pregnancy, he quickly begs Yunho for by saying that his heat came off-cycle, so the timing still matches somewhat.

In April 1987, Yunho and Jaejoong conceive Youngjae by accident. They’re overjoyed and Yunho keeps the pictures of Jaejoong’s ultrasound.

Daehyun is soon to be due. Heechul has been on edge lately, fearing that Yunho will find out that the baby isn’t his. Heechul is afraid of being abandoned and having to be a single mother dealing with an out-of-wedlock child - he and his child would never survive. His family would kick him out without a doubt.

It’s then that while cleaning up Yunho’s office, Heechul sees the ultrasound photos. He starts getting even more fearful because that wench that Yunho is dating has a baby - Yunho might marry Jaejoong and divorce him, leaving him and Daehyun to fend for themselves. Heechul quickly tells Yunho’s parents about Jaejoong’s baby and they bring Jaejoong to the house.

Heechul had just planned to tell Jaejoong to scram once and for all and abort the child, since it’s a threat to Heechul. But when he heard what Yunho’s parents said about Jaejoong being disgusting for cheating with Yunho and that he deserves to be on the streets, Heechul gets immensely frightened. When Jaejoong swears he’ll never see Yunho again and begs to just be allowed to keep the child, Heechul throws acid over Jaejoong’s face, scarring him for life.

Changmin, Yunho’s cousin, says he’ll clean things up. Out of sympathy, he sends Jaejoong to the hospital. He wants to give Jaejoong some money to live quietly somewhere but when he comes back, he finds out that Jaejoong has escaped.

Yunho finds out from his parents that Jaejoong has left, but he doesn’t know that Heechul burned Jaejoong with acid. His parents say that they tolerated Yunho and his cheating for a long time, but Jaejoong having a child is crossing the line. Yunho is heartbroken and he sends out a detective team to look for Jaejoong, not realising he’s unrecognisable by now. Yunho’s relationship with Heechul strains severely.

Daehyun is born, together with Eunji who is a stillborn. The government mandates for Heechul to participate in testing because of this anomaly. Yunho doesn’t use his power to get Heechul out of this despite having great standing, so Heechul is forced to take part in these painful tests. Yunho doesn’t regard his third child with much affection. It’s Hankyung and Heechul that take care of Daehyun instead.

Some years later, when Daehyun is 7, he gets into a car accident and is rushed to the closest hospital, a public one (the Jungs only use private doctors). It’s there that Yunho notices something odd - he didn’t care much about his wife so he never realised Heechul’s blood type was A. Yunho’s is O. Daehyun has B blood type - which is impossible.

Suspicious, Yunho has a DNA test and finds out that Daehyun isn’t his son. He’s furious but realises it’s fair, after all - Yunho cheated, Heechul cheated. He calls Changmin out for a drink and talks about Daehyun not being his son. Changmin scoffs in disbelief, saying that Heechul still had the cheek to act so angry towards Jaejoong to even throw the acid at Jaejoong, momentarily forgetting after 7 years that Yunho doesn’t know about Jaejoong’s acid burn.

Yunho loses it, breaking down in grief. He’s determined to burn Heechul the way Heechul did to Jaejoong and throw Daehyun to the streets, but Changmin quickly holds him back and explains that Yunho has done Heechul wrong for his whole life till Daehyun came about. That Heechul tolerated Yunho and Yunho brought this upon himself.

After Yunho calms down, he decides to take things slow. Daehyun is innocent, so he won’t touch the boy, but he wants the worst form of revenge on Heechul for what he did. He fires Hankyung and sends him back to China, telling Heechul he knows of everything Heechul did - that Daehyun isn’t his and that he poured acid on Jaejoong. Heechul will thus not be allowed out of the house unless Yunho allows it.

Heechul accepts without arguing. He secretly writes letters to Hankyung, passing them to the new butler without knowing that the butler reports everything to Yunho. Yunho has the butler write replies back for about a year to screw with Heechul. So, Heechul thinks that Hankyung is doing okay. Yunho would have the butler sometimes write about Hankyung being in danger, then thankfully making it out of the situation fine (e.g. earthquake, unable to afford household expenses). Finally, Yunho gathers all of the letters and brings them to Heechul. He tells Heechul that none of them were sent out, and the butler had just been writing replies to satisfy Heechul’s “lust”. Every other staff member has read the letter exchanges, much to Heechul’s humiliation. He also lies that just for Heechul’s information, Hankyung boarded a ship that capsized halfway, so he’s not sure if Hankyung survived or not. Even if he did survive, he wouldn’t be doing well anyway, since all his savings would have gone down the drain. But Yunho didn’t tell him this because he didn’t think it was important for Heechul to know. Just like how Heechul never thought it was important to let him know that he burned Jaejoong’s face off.

This begins Heechul’s insanity. Being cooped up and being played with Yunho like that, Heechul’s mental state slowly deteriorates till his current state. This is why he seeks the ocean - he’s waiting for Hankyung to come back.

 

— PRESENT TIME —

As they progress, DaeJae start to like each other - Daehyun already likes Youngjae by the time Youngjae starts having feelings for him, while Youngjae is extremely upset that he's finding Daehyun attractive and endearing since he's pretty much stuck in the mindset that he'd be disrespecting his own kind if he gets married and plays wife to an Alpha. He actually lets up at some point and allows himself to enjoy spending time with Daehyun, till an incident with Minki occurs - Minki barely managed to escape being assaulted by using his pepper spray after meeting an alpha at the club who he thought was nice and spoke about how Omegas should be allowed to be more independent. Turns out, it's just a ploy to draw in Minki since Minki seemed like the type to enjoy those narratives. Minki was left with bruises on his arm where the alpha tried to grab him and force him home. Youngjae is pissed, decides that no Alpha is actually a good person, and distances himself from Daehyun.

One day at work, Youngjae comes in late and in the car park, notices there's a 6-year-old child left behind in the car. He's unconscious - his father was supposed to send him to school today since the mother was sick, but his father reverted back to his routine and simply went to work once he got into the car. The child didn't make any noise as he was sleeping, so the father didn't notice. YJ actually hesitates just for a moment as he notices that the child is an alpha - his mind is warped by thoughts that this kid will grow up to be one of them who abuses and treats Omegas like crap. Yet, he snaps to his senses and calls for an ambulance.

Shaken by his hesitation, Youngjae wants to confide in someone, but doesn't want to confide in Minki since Minki would blame himself for it. Youngjae can't turn to Junhong either since Junhong doesn't know he's an Omega. So, Youngjae calls Daehyun and asks if they can speak. He confesses to Daehyun and Daehyun says he can't comment on it, because he hasn't been in Youngjae's shoes, to have experienced so much inhumane treatment from a particular class and still be expected to treat them human. Daehyun says at the very least, he understands what Youngjae was thinking, but he can't say if it was right and wrong.

Youngjae asks if Daehyun truly thinks the way he does - that Omegas and Betas should be equal to Alphas. Daehyun confirms this. Youngjae asks why he's different from the majority who would of course choose to benefit where they can, even at the expense of others. Daehyun says he doesn't know - simply, he was raised like that. Youngjae starts to understand that Daehyun's different largely due to his upbringing (father neglected him, mother was the one guiding him all this time and entrenching the beliefs about equality into him), and that he could have been one of those alphas if he was raised differently.

Youngjae realises that for change to come about, he's not doing much by just being against all alphas. They aren't born that way but are created that way. YJ wants to influence society to transform for the next generation to be better and end suffering for Omegas. He knows it’s not possible, but he’s determined to do even just the littlest by working his way to greater positions of power and evoking change from there. YJ starts to shift away from his mindset that societal ills give him justification to indiscriminately treat badly all the individuals who benefit.

Youngjae starts coming to visit Heechul after work, wearing his scars and showing his “Alpha” face to Heechul. He confesses to Heechul what he’s doing and Heechul laughs, saying that he’s the type who will change the world.

Daehyun and Youngjae grow closer - Youngjae starts to have dinner at Daehyun’s place, sometimes agreeing to stay longer even after Heechul sleeps and his visit is technically done.

One day, when Youngjae visits Heechul, Himchan (Daehyun’s Omega brother from the government tests that Heechul’s forced to go through) pays a surprise visit as well. Daehyun was told Himchan was getting hormone treatment in America for that week so he let his guard down, heading out to settle some emergency business matters. It turns out that Himchan’s treatment was postponed.

Himchan basically is an Omega but prefers the traditional Alpha physical traits. He doesn’t identify as an Alpha but just doesn’t conform to the usual archetypes of Omega and Alpha. Like Youngjae, he loathes Alphas, but unlike Youngjae, he’s attracted to Omegas. Himchan hates the Jung family for how they treated his mother Heechul and would seize the opportunity to tear them down.

Himchan sees Youngjae and attacks him immediately, figuring he’s some kind of Alpha out to hurt Heechul. Youngjae has to spill the beans on his identity, him being an Omega working for Daehyun, and how Daehyun asked him for a favour to interact with his mother. Himchan lets up on Youngjae when Heechul confirms this. Himchan demands Daehyun to never let Youngjae see Heechul again, but Heechul himself wants Youngjae’s company, saying that he gets lonely when Himchan is in America for his treatment.

Begrudgingly, Himchan allows Youngjae to see Heechul, but he must each time report when he goes to see Heechul. After monitoring Youngjae for a while (sitting in when he visits Heechul), Himchan starts to grow interested in Youngjae - somewhat for his similar worldview, mostly because Daehyun obviously has romantic feelings for Youngjae. He starts to pursue Youngjae, wanting to spite Daehyun, and continuously guilts Youngjae by saying that if Youngjae truly thinks Alphas are unfair, he would not date an Alpha but instead date an Omega. He keeps rehashing that all Alphas are bad by nature and that Youngjae is just deluding himself into thinking otherwise, and that he's not really an Omega rights advocate.

This makes Youngjae even more hesitant to admit his feelings for Daehyun, even though there was one night where Daehyun asked if he could hold Youngjae’s hand and Youngjae allowed him to. Daehyun is noticeably saddened by Youngjae’s persistent refusal to admit what they have, but is patient and does not rush Youngjae.

While DaeJae's relationship progresses, Junhong can't bear the weight of his feelings and confesses to Youngjae while drunk. He cries to him that he wishes so badly that he could be an Alpha, and that Youngjae could be an Omega so they at least have a chance together. He tells Youngjae that he wishes he could protect him whenever Youngjae's colleagues pick on him, but how can he when he gets bullied worse and is so pathetic? He wishes he wasn't so helpless. 

Youngjae feels guilty, especially so because he's hiding his class, but he doesn't know what to do. Youngjae apologises several times to Junhong that he may admire Junhong a lot, but he doesn't feel the same way. Junhong laughs and says he knows. What Alpha would date a Beta when he has a beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter