our strength

Our dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breaking News! President Jung revealed to be married and having a child.

President Jung broke a million hearts today by accidently exposing his marriage.

The First Lady is mute. She was seen communicating with the President in sign language.

President Jung shocked the whole country, first by communicating in sign language and second by his secret marriage.

 

“I can’t believe you people.” A beautiful lady yelled as she flipped through all the channels with a grudge. She wished she would find Pororo so it would look like there is at least some channel which isn’t talking about the President. Losing patience, she turned off the television and turned to people sitting there sheepishly. “One day. One ing day, I take an off and you turn the country upside down.” she glared at Yunho who fidgeted under her icy glare, “You're such a bonehead. Who the voted you President? Oh wait, I voted for you.”

“You're so funny Heechul.” Yoochun said in a friendly manner but squeaked when the glare was directed at him.

“don’t you think your jokes can lighten the mood coz this isn’t light. It’s mountain-heavy.” The lady named Heechul screeched. She looked at Yunho again and showed him her dainty index finger, “You're publicist asked for one day so she could fix her marriage and you go and ruin my effort of an entire year.”

“Oh Dear! We didn’t know you're having problems with your marriage Chullie.” Jung Hyori, Yunho and Yoochun’s mother looked guilty.

Heechul chuckled bitterly, “yeah, marriages suffer when your husband is the cousin of your boss’ political rival.”

“I told you, you don’t have to choose between your boss and your husband Chul.” Yunho smiled reassuringly.

“I’m not choosing between my boss and my husband. I’m choosing my family and friends of 15 years OVER my husband of 2 years.” And Heechul wasn’t lying. Her husband Siwon was not too happy about Heechul rejecting Choi Dongwook’s proposal to work for him instead of Yunho. But Siwon was new in their circle of trust and if he wanted to be loyal to his cousin, Heechul would be loyal to her cousin Kim Jaejoong and her best friend Junsu. She didn’t tell Siwon about her cousin being the current First Lady because she was sure Siwon would tell that to Dongwook to exploit for his benefit. Anyhow, Heechul felt that this marriage that was set up by her greedy parents for Siwon’s wealth won’t work out.

“Chullie, can I ask you something?” Jaejin, Heechul’s aunt aka Jaejoong’s mother put her hand on Heechul’s shoulder and gave her a solemn look. She didn’t even wait for Heechul’s permission when she asked, “Chullie dear, do you like that Chinese colleague of yours so much that you're trying to sabotage your marriage and use the whole drama as an excuse and make us feel guilty?”

Heechul blinked for a 4 seconds and then, “yup.” she shrugged, “Nicely framed Imo. I wasn’t as into the counselling session yesterday as much as Siwon. I give our marriage two weeks tops, or when Dongwook loses. Either way, I’d be the pitiful divorcee who needs Hannie’s hot body to keep me from dying from loneliness.”

“Hannie?” Choi Seunghyun, Jaejoong’ step-father’s eyebrow quirked in amusement.

“Tan Hankyung, Heechul’s new assistant she has the hots for.” Yoochun supplied with a smirk.

“Oh I know. I was just commenting on how she has a nickname for him already.” Seunghyun and Yoochun high-fived and dodged the pillow sent their way.

“so, I take it this situation is something the great Kim Heechul can handle?” Jung Jihoon asked her.

“Of course. I’ve already set the plan in motion. If I’m not wrong, Choi Dongwook would be trying to turn the public against Yunho but I can handle that doofus.” Heechul said disinterestedly while checking her fresh manicure.

“That’s great.” Yunho stood up. “do your thing and stop everyone from judging my wife. Win, lose, I don’t care.” Yunho cheerfully went upstairs.

“Where are you going?” Heechul snapped. She didn’t like being bossed around. Even the President of South Korea was expected to behave with her.

“where else?” Yunho gave her an ‘obviously’ look and disappeared upstairs.

Yunho entered the bedroom and chuckled. Jaejoong is supposed to be resting as the doctor said but not 3 hours after the incident and she’s rolling on the bed with their son.

Actually, they just stopped rolling when Yunho entered.

Jaejoong sat straight like she wasn’t playing around and Changmin snuggled in her lap. He grabbed a donut from the box in the nightstand and munched on while plastering the side of his face to Jaejoong’s chest. Her bandaged hands his back as usual.

“what are you two up to?” Yunho stood akimbo and narrowed his eyes in mock strictness. Jaejoong shook her head nonchalantly.

“Appa!” Changmin squeaked happily. No reason. He’s just talking. And it may have to do with the feast he got today.

Putting aside the drama this afternoon, the entire family was happy the youngest was talking. When his grandparents had learnt the boy had wandered off for the sake of treats, they came bearing dinner, donuts and toys for him.

“hey kiddo! Care to share?” Yunho picked some of the donut sprinkle on Changmin’s face and put in his mouth. Changmin pouted and shook his head.

“he’s holding a grudge because we didn’t get him any.” Jaejoong answered.

“well, that’s not good is it. What will Appa do if Minnie is angry with him?” Yunho held his chest and sniffed dramatically. It however worked on Changmin and he was patting his father’s bicep with sticky cream and sprinkles hand in a placating manner.

“Appa no sad.” He held his half-eaten donut in front of Yunho’s lips. He would offer a whole one but that was the last of the donuts.

“om nom nom!” Yunho made a big show of eating but was letting the rainbow sprinkles stick to his lips. “thank you baby. It was delicious.”

Changmin was visibly happy but before he could take a bite again, Jaejoong tapped on his shoulder. Her lower pink lip jutted out as if to show how pitiful she is. Changmin looked at her then his donut then her. finally, with a heavy heart he raised his hand to her lips. Jaejoong nibbled on a tiny corner and smiled at Changmin gratefully.

“you see that Joongie? Our baby boo knows to share.” Jaejoong agreed with Yunho and pecked Changmin’s cheek as reward. The boy was too busy however, in scarfing down the donut before his aunts, uncles or grandparents were tumbling in asking for a bite.

By the time he was done, Changmin was a pretty mess of cream, sugar and sprinkles. He looked delicious enough for Yunho to pretend he was a donut and Changmin running away from him.

“want to take a bath with Appa?” Yunho asked Changmin once he finally caught him.

“ya!” he squeaked. Jaejoong got up to draw a bath for her boys while Yunho changed Changmin out of his clothes.

 While Changmin got comfortable in the tub which was slowly filling up, Jaejoong took this chance. She held Yunho’s hand to tell she wanted to ask him something.

Yunho undid his last button and smirked, “you want to join us Joongie?” he even flashed his abs enticingly.

Jaejoong flicked his forehead in response. “not in front of our son Jung Yunho. I want to ask you something.” Yunho held her hands above the dressing to show he was all ears, “how will you fix this?”

“that’s your cousin’s job.” Yunho signed, “besides, I told you. I don’t care anymore. I’d rather focus on you and Minnie.”

“but it’s your dream…..”

“and I lived it. So what if don’t get re-elected? I’m satisfied with one term and I got to fulfil my other dream too. We can manage Cassiopeia and you can do what you always wanted. Teach.”

“it’s not that easy…..”

“exactly. It’s not easy. That’s why you need to do this. you remember how you felt that time. These kids are going through the same thing. You need to show them the way to overcome their fears. God forbid, would you like any of those kids to take the extreme step like you attempted?”

Jaejoong shook her head violently. She still remembers waking up after 3 days to a room full of her loved ones who were half-dead because of what they went through due to her selfishness. It was more disheartening that the people she didn’t expect, the ones she had no kind of blood relation, Yunho’s family and her step-father all were so worried of her.

Jaejoong made up her mind that she’ll help these children. However, she wanted to be sure. “will you be okay giving up?”

“I’m not giving up love. I’ve lived my dream. Now it’s become tiring. So I want to do the next thing that’s close to me.” Yunho said it so sincerely; Jaejoong was reminded of his wedding proposal. It had taken her 3 days to say ‘yes’ but Yunho hadn’t given up and would propose to her 3 times a day till she gave him an answer. Each time, his sincerity and love showed and Jaejoong had given in.

“ummaaa~!” Changmin squealed happily while splashing around in the foamy water. Jaejoong and Yunho squeaked and tried to remove their son from the neck deep water.

~~~  

“Jung Yunho is a liar! He lied about his marital status. If that school is so dear to him then why did he hide his wife’s condition? Can you trust a man when it comes to children who need special attention while he’s ashamed of his own wife?” Choi Dongwook went on with his propaganda.

It was routine for him, to have press conferences daily and counter whatever his opponent would do. At the back of his mind though, it would prick him.

He and Yunho had grown up together. The two of them were always competing for the class monitor’s title, the literary club president, the basketball captain, the student council president. It was all a friendly competitiveness where the other brought out the better points in each other. Until, Yunho left to Busan for University studies and he was never heard from. Only when he began campaigning to be president, did he realise his opponent was none other than Yunho. The dirty political world had changed Dongwook while Yunho was uncorrupted by it. It made Dongwook jealous and that was partly the reason why he kept slandering Yunho. The other part was he wanted to win really badly.

“if any of these isn’t true, then Jung Yunho should come forward. His silence since the incident is telling he’s admitting his fault.” Dongwook felt victorious when he could see some of the reporters nodding and murmuring discreetly.

Reporters were a funny lot. The serious ones wouldn’t give away any emotion and if they did, they would be diplomatic about it. However, some of them would be very subtle or scream their opinion. But with events as big as these, they gave out enough emotions for the election candidates to gauge.

Dongwook gestured for his cousin to come closer and whispered as if it’s just some technical issue. “are things going well?”

“the Jung camp is being silent. It’s working to our advantage.” Siwon gave a surreptitious thumbs up to Dongwook and went back to stand behind again.

It was only when they finished their small interaction did they notice the murmurings were directed to a certain person walking down to them. Siwon couldn’t hide his shock when he saw Heechul walking…no- strutting towards them.

She was confident and sassy as always as she blew kisses to the media people she knew. Her immaculate white suit jacket with the ruffle pink blouse underneath and the dark skinnies and knee high boots screamed supermodel instead of a mere publicist. She however wasn’t.  Heechul was a woman of many talents. Siwon hated how his wife was so loyal to a rival that she once interned as a secretary for the Jungs, then used her fashion skills to help launch Yoochun’s maiden fashion venture as CEO and then used her genius in ‘attention-grabbing’ to design Yunho’s first campaign. During the last thing, they’re parents were talking about arranging their marriage. Siwon said yes thinking that he can get her over to their side and use her skills. He thought that would be so, but when the campaign season began; Heechul was working for Yunho as usual. Only yesterday did Siwon realise the connection- the voiceless bridesmaid on their wedding is Jung Yunho’s wife.

It angered him to no end that Heechul’s family kept it from him. It showed that they didn’t trust him and all that when he’s trying to salvage their marriage.

Siwon came forward and grabbed Heechul by her arm when she was close enough. “what are you doing here?” he gritted out in a harsh whisper.

Heechul yanked her hand out of his grip and gave him a blank stare. “Giving what everyone wants. Answers.” She said it loud enough for everyone present to hear. She turned to the media, “one hour and the Jung Regent Hotel, there’ll be a press meet for all those who are interested in the whole truth.”

The media was already scrambling to get there and it angered Dongwook. He stood in front of Heechul and restrained himself from getting physical. “You disgust me Heechul. You’re selling off your family to the rivals.” He gritted out to her.

Heechul looked calmly at him, “My family? Jaejoong is my family. Which means her husband, son, in-laws, they’re my family too. I don’t even consider my gold-digging parents family anymore. To be a family, you can’t think your personal benefit over another’s. that’s all you people think of.” Heechul stepped down from the stage, but turned around one last time. She looked at Siwon apologetically, “I know you're trying but it can’t work out. It’s a dead-end marriage.” She looked away from Siwon’s hurt face, “I’ll send you the signed papers in a week. Just sign them and I’ll handle the rest.”

Heechul walked away without another back glance.

~~~

“wow! When was the last time we came down to the lake?” Yunho stretched his body after driving for 2 hours straight.

“we haven’t come here since Minnie was born. The last time was right after our honeymoon.” Jaejoong smiled when Changmin ran to the pond. She was grateful the deck had a good wooden railing to keep the overexcited kid from jumping in the pool.

“honeymoon eh? Want to relive it?” Yunho wriggled his eyebrows but Jaejoong just walked off inside the house.

“you start anywhere.” She remarked as she changed into comfortable clothes right there in the small cosy living room.

Well, it was only the three of them. Yunho had whisked away Jaejoong and Changmin at 5 in the morning without anyone knowing. He wanted some family time at the private lake house. It had a lot of memories as it was where he and Yoochun often went with their father on a fishing trip. It later became a favourite spot for Yunho to hang out with Jaejoong in university days and later on Yoochun and Junsu for a weekend date.

Yunho took off his jacket and dumped it on the couch there. He looked at himself in the medium-sized mirror near the doorway and straightened out his polo tee. He stepped out with the bag of necessary equipment he brought.

“Hey Min,” Changmin turned around and pouted. He was quite happy watching the fishes from the deck and his father disturbed him. “Don’t give me that face kiddo.” Yunho laughed and picked him up, “instead of looking at them, why don’t we catch some.”

“Yesh!” Changmin clapped excitedly and Yunho descended down the steps carrying him.

Jaejoong came out and rested her elbows on the railing. She smiled at her boys who were getting ready for fishing and she pulled out her camera.

~~~

The discontent was obvious.

The room was filled with reporters, concerned private parties, and a hoard of equipment. Some channels were broadcasting live even though they hadn’t taken prior permission. But the entire country wanted to know and they didn’t care about the consequences.

Though they expected to hear from the concerned man himself.

However Yunho or his newly discovered wife weren’t present. In a straight line Heechul, Jung Jihoon, Yoochun, Junsu and Kim Jaejin sat. Somewhere in the wings were Dr Choi Seunghyun and Jung Hyori who head the cultural ministry at one time. However, today they weren’t here as renowned doctors, politicians, businessmen, or as the president’s secretary or publicist. They are here in the capacity of one big family which were threatened by selfish people.

Although, they looked like they’re here for a comedy show.

Each and every one of them bore amused expressions as they saw the frenzied audience. Somehow they felt sadistic making them wait and they didn’t bother to hide it. After all, the people here were vultures who preyed on the vulnerabilities of famous figures.

When they decided it was enough, Heechul cleared and the eyes zeroed in on her. She opened to speak but was cut off.

“Where is the President? Calling the entire national media to a fraud event is deceitful of the man who’s supposed to be the country’s leader.” Heechul’s lips were pressed in a straight line. She knew who he was- the chief reporter of a channel head. In fact, most of the attendees were the senior-most journalists.

“The President refuses to encourage your intrusion and judging of his private life.” Heechul snapped and the man sat down like a kicked puppy under her glare, “this press meet is to clear the air only.” She stressed on the ‘only’ while sending a hard glare to each and every one present. She was calmed by Jihoon’s hand on her wrist and she leaned back on the chair.

Yoochun rested his elbows on the table and his microphone. The echo caused everyone’s eyes to turn to him. “12 years old.” While everyone was confused as hell, Yoochun had this smile of fond reminiscence, “I was 12 when my brother started preparing for college. He was just a high school student but he had his li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter