our heart

Our dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Dongwook has made an open challenge to President Jung Yunho

President Jung Yunho to campaign in the remote parts

Choi Dongwook garners support from Industrial lobby

President Yunho launches new highway project

 

The television turned off and the room was now dark since all the lights were off. The tall man the bedside lamp.

“Joongie~ I was watching that!”

“all the channels are talking of the same thing Yunho.” Joongie aka Jung Jaejoong said.

“it’s the same topic but different news. Come on. I have to keep up with the updates if I’m going to win.” The President of South Korea reasoned with his wife while trying to get the television remote from her.

“you’ll win. I know it. Go.To. Sleep.” Jaejoong threw the remote to some corner of the room without a care.

“if my Joongie say so, I will win.” The President said like a baby and lied down on his back. He had only closed his eyes for 2 seconds and he was disturbed by a crackling and rustling sound from the protruding headboard that doubled as a narrow table. “he has great timing.” Yunho grumbled but made no move to get out of bed. Hence, he found himself face down on the floor and his stinging from his wife’s kick. “tyrant!” he huffed and went out of the room.

The baby monitor still crackled and whimpering was heard from it. Jaejoong just turned it off, knowing it won’t be needed in a moment and made herself cosy in the plush bed. In a minute, the sound of the door clicking open and shut came followed by giggles. Jaejoong smiled in her half-asleep state as she felt the tiny dips in the mattress near her head. She stretched out her arm and held her baby close. In a moment, her husband’s heavy arm was holding them both.

“Goodnight my lovelies.” A peck on the heads by Yunho and the small family slipped into dreamland.

~~~

“say Appa, Minnie-ah. Ap-pa. Aaaapp-pppaaaa~!” Yunho made exaggerated lip movements while holding his son’s cheeks lightly.

Jung Changmin only got more annoyed and slapped his father’s hands away before taking his milk sippy cup. He gulped without a stop but his angry eyes were stuck on his father.

Yunho made dramatic attempts to mollify his son but that was only met by chubby hands swatting away those dainty pianist hands. Changmin made a whining sound and a near-tears face before returning to his milk. Yunho this time tried to win his son with a dramatic puppy dog face.

“Gross! Hyung that face is yuck!” a man with curly longish hair said. He even shuddered for emphasis but that earned him a table cloth in the face.

“Don’t start so early Chunnie.” A lady smacked his arm and sat beside Changmin. She helped the boy eat his porridge after he drank his milk. “Minnie is a smart boy oppa. He’ll speak eventually.” That girl told Yunho.

“I know Junsu. I just want to help him.” Yunho answered.

Jaejoong came out with a bread basket filled with loads of toast as the family liked to start their breakfast with at least two slices. Behind her were 2 maids carrying an assortment of dishes- Spicy Seafood Salad, Bean Sprout Rice, galbi, kaktugi and kimchi noodles for Changmin.

“Wow! You’ve outdone yourself noona.” Yunho’s brother remarked seeing the wide spread. “I feel bad I have to go to a meeting now.”

“you’re not eating breakfast Yoochun?” Jaejoong asked.

“Sorry noona.” Yoochun gave an apologetic smile to her. “Su-baby, can you make me a little toast?” He asked while packing his iPad and kindle.

“No.” Junsu huffed.

“Your wife is mad you're not taking care of yourself Chun.” Yunho taunted.

“Aw! Baby, you're so sweet.” Yoochun rounded the table and put his arms around her neck from the back. Junsu still made an upset face but she held the arms around her. “I have to meet these French clients because they’re leaving at noon. You understand right? I have to manage the multi-million dollar multinational because my brother wants to manage a nation.”

“Yah! You're making me a villain.” Yunho complained.

Junsu said nothing but she leaned forward and grabbed a toast before applying some butter on it. Yoochun kissed her cheek, “aw! Baby, you're the best.” He grabbed the two pieces of toast and kissed Changmin next who didn’t bother since he was occupied by his noodles. “Bye hyung! Bye noona!”

“I’ll send you lunch Yoochun.” Jaejoong told him.

“thanks noona and all the best with today’s campaign work hyung.” Yoochun grabbed his coffee from a maid and left.

“Unnie, I’ll be back. I feel my tooth throbbing again.” Junsu stood up.

“You’ve been complaining about that for a month. Why don’t you go to dentist Su-ah?” Yunho advised.

“Nah! Some desensitising toothpaste will do the trick.” Junsu skipped up the stairs.

“you just use the temporary fix coz you're afraid of the dentist.” Yunho hollered.

“I’m not!” Junsu retorted back from the top of the stairs.

Yunho returned to eating, sometimes offering small bites to his eager and hungry son. “eat, eat my food monster.” Yunho teased. He realised that Jaejoong was very quiet and wasn’t eating either. He looked at her realised she had an apologetic expression with tears b at the corner of her eyes. “what’s wrong Joongie?”

“I’m sorry Yunnie. I spend all day with him and he can’t learn anything because of me. It’s my entire fault you can’t hear him call you Appa.”

“hey!” Yunho brought her in his arms, “that’s not something to apologize about. Minnie is fine and you're a very good mother who takes care of all his needs and ours too. He’ll learn eventually, he’s just taking his own sweet time. Our baby is very intelligent you know. And even if he had any disability, we’ll still love him. Right?” Jaejoong nodded. Yunho still hugged his wife till he was sure she wasn’t sad anymore.  

Yunho could understand his fears. There was a time not too long ago when he felt the same way. Changmin was almost 2 years old and he hasn’t spoken a word yet. Not even a syllable. He communicates by sounds which the people around him have learnt to understand. When he’s rather chatty, he baby babbles nineteen to the dozen, but still not a clear word. He had been checked and his physical condition was perfect for a toddler. He had been taken to paediatric psychiatrists who all said the same thing- he hasn’t been exposed to talking enough from the people closest to him. Nonetheless, he will learn one day and it would in no way, hamper his progress as he shows signs of intelligence two years plus his age.

“aaanyaaa~!” Changmin tapped his empty bowl on the table demanding for more.

“God you're stomach.” Jaejoong served her son more.

“let’s eat up. Junsu has to accompany me to the women’s welfare group meet today.” Yunho ate rice and the meat, “by the way, you will come to the inauguration in the evening right?”

“how can I miss the opening of the school you built for me? Minnie and I will be there.”

“I’ll wave at you both okay.”

“you can’t be too obvious Yunnie. People could notice.”

“they think I wave to everybody. I’ll wave only to you.”

“I’m everybody now huh?”

“not like that Boo.”

“Yunho oppa, if you keep being lovey dovey with your ‘Boo’, we’ll be late.” Junsu said coming down from the stairs. She looked like her face was cleaned like she just washed it.

“Su, you're going to the dentist in the evening.”

“Unnie no~!”

“no excuses Su.” Yunho stood up. “I’ll go change.”

“you're suit is on the bed Yunnie.”

“I don’t feel like a suit today. I think I’ll wear the leather jacket.”

“I just washed your dark jeans yesterday. Wear that and the shirt I picked out already.”

“thanks boo.” Yunho pecked her lips and ran up the stairs.

~~~

Yunho and Junsu had a successful meeting and were leaving to the inauguration event when Yunho noticed a different face waiting for them at the car.

“hey, Ryeowook! How come you're here right now?” Yunho couldn’t hide his scepticism looking at the lanky, androgynous bodyguard. He usually was just among Yunho’s many guards but the chief of security found him skilled enough to be his second-in-command.

“more crowd came than anticipated president. Kangin hyung has gone to tighten the security himself and left me in charge.” Ryeowook answered while opening the car door for them.

“No offense, Ryeowook but Yunho oppa looks more like you're bodyguard then the other way round.” Junsu chuckled while entering the car.

“Well, I have a wicked karate chop.” Ryeowook made a small karate move to emphasise.

“Just tell Kangin not to be too harsh on the people okay.” Ryeowook did as he was told once he sat in the front seat of the sedan. The convoy then proceeded to the destination.

“you know that crowd means you have great chances of winning oppa.” Junsu’s voice expressed the hope she felt.

Yunho had a smile but it didn’t seem genuine. “would Jaejoong and Minnie have reached there?”

“oppa, is there something bothering you?” Yunho didn’t say anything but look out the window. Junsu sighed, “Unnie messaged me 5 minutes ago. She just left the house.”

Yunho hummed in agreement. Lately, his mind wasn’t in the re-election campaign. Being President was his childhood dream. His mother was active in politics but never made it that far as him. He could’ve taken over his father’s business but left that to his younger brother for his dream to be President. And when he did become President, he loved it. But he never thought that he’d hate it too.

If only his love wouldn’t be considered as is weakness. If only he didn’t have to keep his family a secret.

~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter