Changes

Not Always Perfect

That was twelve years ago.

Some things change.

Kai, Jang-ho, and Jin-hee surrounded your hospital bed, tears never stopping. Jang-ho and Jin-hee were fifteen now.

What happened?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was 11:00pm at night and you were driving home after visiting the grocery quickly. You already told Kai and the twins so there was no blowing up your phone happening. You were driving peacfully until blinding headlights came into your view. The headlights were moving left to right, indicating that the other vehicle was swerving. In only a matter of seconds, everything went black. The last thing you heard was sirens.

Kai picked up his cell phone, wondering why he was recieving a call from the hospital. "Hello?" He answered.

"Hello, is this Mr. Kim? And do you know Kim Y/N?" Kai was confused. A furrow formed in between his brow.

"Yes, this is Kim Jongin. Mrs. Kim Y/N is my wife. What's going on?" The next thing broke his heart.

"I'm really, truly am sorry to tell you this Mr. Kim. Your wife, Kim Y/N, has been involved in a car accident with a drunk driver. She is currently in a critical state, please come as soon as possible." His entire world came crashing down in one sentence.

Mixed feelings were rushing through him. Doubt, anger, eternal sadness, and worry was written all over his face. He immeditely hung up and ran into the living room. "Kids, umma has been in an accident. Let's go. Now." Kai said.

The twins looks on their faces were horrified. They just saw their mother earlier today and they were joking around and having fun. All of them ran out the door.

-AT THE HOSPITAL-

Kai, Jang-ho, and Jin-hee ran as fast as their legs could carry them into the hospital. The receptionist told your room and number right away and all three of them bolted to your room. There you were on the hospital bed.

Even though there were a zillion tubes running in and out of you, even though you had cuts, bruises, scrapes, on every inch of you, you still looked as beautiful as ever. You still were an angel from above.

The doctor walked in with a regretful look on his face. He cleared his throat, getting their attention. He was hesitant to speak at first, which only made it worse for Kai, Jang-ho, and Jin-hee. "I'm incredibly sorry." He started. "We've tried everything we could. But she lost too much blood. Her internal organs were also damaged, as well as a massive brain injury. You have about an hour and a half, more or less, with her. Again, I'm so so sorry." With that, the doctor left.

Kai punched the closest wall to him, and screamed in anger, frustration, and sadness. This also resulting in bloody knuckles. Jin-hee gasped. "Appa! Stop! You're not going to hurt yourself too!" Jin-hee clung on to Kai's arm, tears streaming down her face. She could care less.

"Jin-hee's right appa. Let's spend some time with umma befo-before..." Jang-ho wasn't able to finish his sentence before he broke out into a sob.

Jin-hee and Kai soon followed action. They all surrounded your bed, silently saying their goodbyes and maybe even praying for an impossible miracle. Until Kai spoke up, "Jagiya, Y/N, my beautiful wife, the love of my life." He tried his hardest not to break down.

 "You don't deserve this. You're an amazing mother, wife, friend, and more. I just want you to know, I'll take really good care of the kids. I may not be able to be as great as you, but I can sure try. I will never be able to find someone as wonderful as you, so don't even think about trying to convince me to re-marry." Kai sighed with a heavy heart.

"I was lost before I met you. You lightened my dark path, you showed me what true love really is. I want you to know, it's okay." His eyes started to get teary once again.

"It's okay to let go. You're hurting, and suffering right now. It pains me to see you even with a small scrtatch. You need to rest. But not before I tell you this." He paused.

"I love you to no end. You'll forever remain in mine, Jang-ho, and Jin-hees heart and memory. We love you, and it's okay." With that, the heart monitor beside formed a straight line.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Also, sorry for the surprise sadness! I may, or may not, have gotten slightly teary while writing this! Bye for now!

Oh! Kai thanks you also! Feedback is always welcome, and please upvote, comment, and subscribe! -Panda <3

Chu~

tumblr_inline_mrg9mxA8h21qz4rgp.giftumblr_m5dcxc0ZlO1qfs94lo1_500.png