Let's put a bet on it .....

Second chances

JIYONG's POV

 

 

Where the f*** is that Seungri ,he missed band practice ... I know what your wondering .. flower boys like us missing band practice, let alone joining a band .. well this sure will annoy our parents and it will give them a big surprise as well that's why we agreed to do it .... and whose idea was this you might ask ,well ... it's only mine of course ,who else? .......

 

 

*THUMP*

 

 

Freaking hell , what the utter f*** .....

 

 

"Next time look where your going miss..." I said under gritted teeth,whilst trying to loose my patience even more , I looked at her from head to toe she surely knows how to embarrass herself .. who is she anyway? ...

 

 

"S-s-sorry"she managed to blurt out after a long silence ... urghh the one thing I hate in a girl is that their weak and to me she's weak she's making me hate her even more.... your lucky miss..... Whatever your name is .... I walked away leaving her on the floor ....

 

 

"Consider this as a lucky escape ... Huh..... Let's just hope this will be the last time I will see you" I said whilst furthering my distance away from her ,I was still looking for that macknae .

 

 

AISSSSTTT HE ESCAPED ME AGAIN ,THAT LITTLE ....

 

***

 

DARA's POV

 

 

I didn't think he would be here and I can't help but think that he is troubled, but in ways he looks like a cute panda but why does this panda look sad .... Im too scared to ask why he's surrounded by a gloomy aura though ...just leave it dara ...don't get involved ...

 

"You finally show up... I thought I was going to get stood up by .... you" he stared at me and snickered .... hey what's wrong with me ? Hul... I stood without saying a word ,my face was directed to the ground ... I'm not gonna look up no ... not until he looks down ....

 

OK DARA ... OK .... DONT MAKE EYE CONTACT ... REPEAT DONT MAKE EYE CONTACT .....OMO OTTOKAE ?!?!

 

I sat down on the chair facing opposite him .... I handed him old test papers to see where he was at and all I heard was a load groan coming from him .... I adjusted my glasses and looked up , there I saw him stare at me with his piercing eyes ,slowly melting me away .... OK DARA DONT BE SCARED THINK THAT HE IS A PANDA ..... awww pandas are really cute heheh ..... ( ^ω^ ).

 

"You really don't talk much do you ? " He asked me without breaking eye contact ..... I just nodded in response and it soon came back to the awkward silence that we started with ......

 

After a few minutes he returned the old papers back to me ,whilst holding his stoic expression .... Seriously ,why does all the members of the dragons always have the same facial expressions DAYM!! it makes them look like old men .. {(-_-)} .....

 

But by the looks of it he ain't half bad .... well only in maths I guess, this will be easy .... since my mathematics is impeccable ... not to brag or anything .....

 

"Your English is good and so is your science .... I guess ... but all we need to work on is your maths ... it won't be that hard " I murmured .....

 

"Huh? " He said in a confused manner ... I guess he didn't hear me ....

 

"I said th-" I was cut of buy the sound of Seungri's irritated voice .... HUL ! OH NO ... is this the wrath of a grey panda ... I mean dragon?

 

"If your going to talk to me ,at least speak like a normal person ... you know the one who I can hear?!" His voice boomed in the library causing the librarian to look at us angrily...

 

WHAT A JERK .... THATS RIGHT THIS PANDA IS A JERK !!!! HUL!!

 

****

 

SEUNGRI's POV

 

*mumble...mumble ... mumble* that's what all I heard from her, she's officially socially awkward ... I mean come on most girls are dying to be stared at by me ... the Seungri ..... but this girl is refreshing ... though it's cute how she's scared of me hahaha ....... wait ... no ...she's not cute ......

 

"I said your English is good and so is your science ... *sigh* you just need extra help on your maths ... I'll just say to Mr. Teddi that your fine on those subjects.." wow surprisingly she didn't stutter .... but I'm still mad at my dad and ... jiyong hyung is probably searching to entire school for me .... and the last thing I want him to see is me being around this freak .... well ... yes he already knows that I'm getting tutored by this ahjumma ... but he doesn't really know who she is ... not really a surprise ...

 

She stood up without a goodbye .... Yah ! yah aisst really ? ... Is this it and I waisted my time on this ... and yet , I waited for her ... ME .... my reputation is dropping minute by minute because of this girl .....

 

"THATS IT ... I WASTED MY TIME HERE FOR THAT ,I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART .... BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO .." Before I knew it I lost my temper ... who wouldn't after finding out that if I don't progress on my grades I'm on the limit of risking the group's bond ....

 

"S-Sorry ... bu-but I-I was thinking that it was better to start tomorrow so we could cover more on topics .... s-sorry" she said with a hint of fragile in her voice ... come on Seungri ... your a nice guy... now I feel bad for shouting ...

 

"Arrrgghhhh ... I don't have time .... I need to pass ... I need to .....I don't want to lose the guys ,I don't want to lose our friendship ... if I don't pass the finals I might lose everything I have ..." without thinking it just suddenly recorded in my brain that I confessed all my frustrations to this ahjumma .....

 

I hung my head low as I was still in deep thought ,when suddenly I felt a small hand resting on my shoulder .... I looked up and their I saw her comforting eyes ... I stared at her in curiosity ... and all I heard her do was heave a sigh ......

 

"So that's why you looked upset .." she cleared out sounding concerned ... I never knew people can actually see through my cold expressions I guess she's the first .... no Seungri she's just getting a chance to use you ... don't bite .....

 

"What's it to you ..." I replied ... I looked back at her and I saw how she never left her stares , but for a few minutes she just continued to look at me ....

 

"Why don't you prove to them you can pass ..." I didn't look back up as I tried to stop my tears from falling ...eerrrkkk.... when did I start being like a girl ....I know I shouldn't trust what girls say .... but why do I feel like she's being sincere...

 

"It's gonna be hard ... I know but show them you can do it and when you do ... rub it in their face by showing how your having fun with your friends...." She said ....

 

"What's the catch? .. " I know theirs a catch to this you just want to see me in my falling face ....

 

"No catch..... I'll help you prepare for the finals .. and after that we can continue to not know each other .... so you can go back to being Mr.popular ... and I'll be back to being invisible just how it's supposed to be. " she remarked ,I on the other hand still doesn't trust her but still ... why do I feel like a part of me does....

 

Before I knew it the bell started ringing indicating the end of lunch and when I looked up she was gone ..... Wait ..... did she just leave me hanging ....

 

OMO T^T....

 

that's supposed to be my job ....

 

***

 

When jiyong still couldn't find the maknae he decided to give up ..... he went back to their secret hiding place in the school most don't know it .... In the school it consists a basement .... it wasn't a regular basement but it was the dragons den ... their social gathering ... when they needed to hide from the teacher or puff some smoke ... they were there .... or just hide from their fangirls .....

 

"Didn't find him hyung " Daesung asked as soon as jiyong stepped foot in the room .... jiyong cursed under his breath obviously still infuriated at the missing maknae ....

 

"No , that punk where did he go .." he said as he ruffled his hair in frustration in the very same room lies Top and Taeyang playing pool by the side whilst Daesung was busy playing on his phone ...

 

G-dragon sat on the leather sofa massaging his temples as he tried to recall what had happened earlier ... he had never been so annoyed at one girl .... or could it be because he was already annoyed, looking for the maknae.

 

"You guys know Prom is nearing.." youngbae remarked .. making jiyong snap out of his trance .....

 

"And so.." the eldest replied still focusing on the game of pool ......

 

"Who are guys going to take ...." suddenly the guy with bleach blonde hair pitched in ...

 

"I can get anyone with a snap of my expensive finger " suddenly the dragon himself spoke making all head turn too him ... Silence filled the room ,until a round of laughter that came from the other dragons accured ....

 

"You think it's funny ..." he suddenly snapped making the others stop laughing out loud and just tried to prevent themselves to laugh even more at his antic... But terribly failing to do so ....

 

"S-sorry ji but what's with that confidence ..." Top said ,still not forgetting what their leader said ....

 

"But I can and you know it ..." he insisted ,which made them laugh even more...

 

"You've been spending way to much time with the maknae hyung ...." Daesung said whilst clutching on his stomach ...

 

"Aiissttt... You wanna die pabo?.." He shouted directly at the poor kid .... making him stop his laughing fit ......

 

"If your so confident why don't we bet on it ..." youngbae suggested .... which caught everyone's attention ....

 

"I'm listening ..." the leader had his ears perked up as he heard the word bet ....

 

"How about we see what you are really made off " Top implied ,suddenly the room became excited as the men sat there challenging their very own leader ..

 

"How about make that .... girl... what's her name ..... be your prom date ... who is she .... that ahjumma ..." Top held on to his thinking look as he was stuck in deep thoughts on who the ahjumma girl's name was ...

 

There in the corner of the room , youngbae fell silent as he heard the so called 'ahjumma' being mentioned , he suddenly felt his heart doubling it's speed .... though he only met her once he couldn't help but research and only to find out her name ...Sandara park ..... that name echoed through his brain all day and night for the last couple of days and the mere mention of the name makes him all hot and bothered .....

 

"Sandara park.." he mumbled discretely but didn't fail to make his hyung hear him ....

 

"SANDARA PARK that's her name " Top shouted thinking that he was a genius ...

 

Suddenly jiyong's forehead creased ,which did not escape the attention he was gaining from s ...

 

" so.... up for the challenge .." they all looked at the dragon wondering if he would do it ... though they all knew the girl mentioned didn't recall through his brain .... as of the mere fact that she is a complete nobody to his system ..

 

"Don't know her ... but ... Proceed .... " He smirked as he could already taste the victory ...

 

"Fine .. 1,000,000 won will be on the line .... Do you think your up for it and after getting a yes it's up to you on how you end the show ..." they all looked at the eldest hyung shocked at the latters request ...

 

There jiyongs grin grew bigger, as soon as he heard that money was on the line ....

 

"Your on..." he said confidently ...

 

****

 

YOUNGBAE's POV

 

S***...

 

I think I've fallen for that girl hard ..... ever since I saw her I couldn't stop thinking of her ... her milky white skin ... her flawless features ... That angelic voice of hers ...

 

And when I saw her hugging that new comer b****** I fumed ... I'm usually level headed .. calm if you would call it ...

 

But seeing her with other guys makes me mad .. not to mention I saw her with the dragons admirers beating her up .... yes I was there .... I was going to save her but this guy came in before I could ... my heart sulked that I didn't save her ....

 

I couldn't sleep ... ever since I saw her .. so I researched her .. name ... Sandara park ... social status .... growing empire .... has a brother .. and has other family members living in different countries ... that's what I found out .... though i would like to get to know her ..... but I suddenly get nervous whenever I try to ... F*** that Seungrat.... lucky panda .....

 

Now stupid me ... suggesting a bet ... now my crush might fall into the hands of that dragon I call best friend, crush really ? .. This is refreshing , usually other people fall for me .... no this isn't good ..im getting conceited ... stupid maknae intoxicating my mind with his arrogantness remind yourself bae get away from the maknae ... wait if I get close to him I'll have a chance with dara .... ,AIISSSTTT.... To stressful ....

 

****

 

Dara was about to leave her class completely forgetting the fact she was going to go home with Soohyuk ....

 

Her whole body was in pain after another round of torture happened at lunch given by her personal bullies .

 

'Isn't this lovely ' sarcasm breached her thoughts 'I think I'm getting popular with those girls' she let out a bitterly laugh...

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

"You little B**** didn't we worn you before ,you just love seducing our oppas don't you ? actually scratch that .. you love seducing men in general.." krystal's voice started to grow in volume ...

 

"We warned you with Taeyang oppa , I let that slide .... but now you go after my Seungri ... MY Seungri .. that I won't let it slide ... " Sulli clenched her fists hard enough for her knuckles to turn white ...

 

"Why don't you ever listen ,you little ..." They all chorused...

 

Before she knew it her little acquaintances dragged her by the hair and pulled her out of witnesses eyes ...

 

She was taken in the girls toilets and the dragon admirers let go of her hair and started scratching her face , Sulli suddenly slaps her right cheek forcefully leaving a red mark on it ... the latter didn't respond as she just stood their being beaten .....

 

When it was krystals turn to hit her she just closed her eyes waiting for the impact ....

 

She kept waiting until......

 

"Omg did you guys hear The dragons are now here ..." a voice suddenly erupted ...

 

Dara opened her eyes as she saw there eyes lighting up at the mere names that they heard ...

 

In a flash they left Dara in the girls restroom......

 

Relief shot through her system ...

 

She caressed her now red cheek to sooth the pain and slowly slumped down on the floor ...

 

She stared at nothing and slowly .... tears flowed down her cheeks ...

 

DARA's POV

 

"Ms. Park .. any details about Seungri ?" He asked while his attention was completely on the pile of papers scattered all over his desk ...

 

"Mr. Teddi ... uhmmmm.." what do I say we didn't really study much ....

 

"We checked on his knowledge on how much he's lacking ... Mr.Teddi ..... he just needs extra help in maths that's all ...." I proclaimed.

 

"Very well tell me on extra details ... and his progress ,ms. park if you get him above 80% in his finals you will earn that extra credit I promised ... " He said in an honest tone.

 

As much as I do like getting extra credit , surprisingly I'm doing this because of him ..... well now that I have a reason to push him harder till he succeeds ... HUL !! This will take a long time ....

 

I left the room and was shocked I was greeted by a worried look on Soohyuk's face ...

 

"Noona I heard what happened " I heard him say ...

 

"It's fine Soohyuk-ah I'm fine " I assured him not breaking my eye contact ...

 

"Noona , tell me who to pound.." he said whilst I saw the worry in his eyes ...

 

"Don't worry I told you I'm fine " aigoo stop reminding me Soohyuk ..

 

"Fine ,but ahjumma remember I'm here so don't worry ..." I gave him a glare that can kill , warning him ...

 

He saw me giving him a death glare and stepped back whilst holding his hands up in the air showing his surrender ... hmmmppphhh ... yes do not mess with this ahjumma ... What am I saying in not an ahjumma ...

 

"Don't call me ahjumma .. ARRASSO?!" I shouted at him , and I looked away ... I heard him chuckle.. HE DID NOT JUST CHUCKLE ...

 

"Aigoo noona is so cute ..." I heard him say ...

 

"Alright ,alright let's go " I told him since I was getting bored ...

 

"Wait, noona I'll be right back I need to get my bag .." with that I saw his shadow fade in the distance .

 

'Might aswell meet him in the front of the school ..' let's text him .. what was his number again ... oh well ... I'm sure he'll figure it out ...h

 

"Hold up ahjumma ..." Your gonna get it you little brat ....

 

"YAH! Didn't I tell you n~" I turned around only to find out that it's not him .... Huh .. well this got awkward ...

 

"Huh ... what's the matter it looks like you've seen a ghost .." He smirked.

 

Seeing Seungri infront of me is somewhat discomforting ... what's he doing here anyway ? ...

 

"Uhh .. Uhhh ... Mianhae I thought you were someone else " the floor looks sparkly let's just look at that shall we hahaha ....

 

"Ani ... that's the loudest I've heard you speak .. " I heard him chuckle I looked up and met his brown eyes Aigoo is he gonna kill me .... Omma .. Appa .. Sanghyun .. I love you guys ...

 

"Uh ... uh ... wh-what do you want ? " I asked.

 

Great ... Dara, you stutter queen .... way to make yourself obvious that your nervous.. oh and it's only in front of a boy that can smell fear ....

 

He let out another chuckle ...

 

What am I a clown ,glad to entertain this panda ..

 

"Relax I ain't gonna kill you ... I'm here to ask for your help .... You said it yourself help me till finals and then go back to our normal lives after I pass do is that still on offer ,is it a deal ? ..." I heard him say .

 

I just nodded in reply which made the person in front of me release a relieved

 

Sigh ..

 

"Good girl ... ohh .... and one more thing ..." I stared at him still rooted on my spot ... the corner of his lips started to curl upwards ...

 

"What is it ? " Pabo why ask ?? Dara why ??? ....

 

"Don't fall inlove with me ..." He smirked and gave me a wink .... with that he turned around and left me ...

 

HUL ... THE NERVE OF THIS PANDA ..... YAH I WON'T FALL INLOVE WITH YOU EVEN IF YOUR THE LAST PERSON ON EARTH ....

 

But why can't I express those words and actually shout that at him ...

 

aisssttttt .... should I expect another beating .... Ani ... I'd best myself ... coward dara ....why ? such a coward .. can't even say words ...

 

"Noona ... let's go ...? " I turned around and found the exhausted Soohyuk standing inches away from me ...

 

"Uh .. ye-yeah .." I replied ....

 

*****

 

'DON'T FALL INLOVE WITH ME ..' Those words kept on echoing in Dara's head as she walked her way home along with a bubbly Soohyuk ...

 

'The nerve she thought' ...

 

"Noona you ok ,you seem out of it ? " He suddenly asked as he saw the girl stuck in a daze ...

 

"Huh? ... Ohh yeah ... yeah I'm fine ..." she replied snapping out of it ...

 

"By the way what's your number , is it still the same ?" She asked ...

 

"Why noona , can't live a day without hearing my voice .." he said jokingly which made the petite girl irritated ....

 

'Not you to ...' She thought

 

She gave him her dagger like eyes .... making the latter chuckle ... ' she's just too cute ' he thought ....

 

"Alright .. I won't tease you anymore and yes still the same ..." he finally responded making the petite girl nod...

 

It was as if time was put to fast forward .. they were already nearing to Dara's house when suddenly they saw a cute little boy with a girl of the same age .. Putting them into a stop .

 

Dara eyed the boy and Soohyuk followed her gaze ...

 

"Thanks for walking me home Sanghyun-ah " the little girl was blushing as she avoided the young mans gaze ...

 

"Not to worry Hyuna... Do you really think I would let a beautiful lady walk by herself when it's already getting dark ..." the little boy scratched his head and avoided his gaze whilst blushing in the process ..

 

"Well ... thanks again " she managed to say and slowly she leaned over to him and pecked on his cheek making them both blush .... then the girl called Hyuna left ....

 

Dara giggled at the sight of her little brother's puppy love .... she felt happy for him and yet wanted to ...

 

"Noona ... Sanghyun has a better love life than you .. got to be embarassing! " Soohyuk whispered ...

 

"WHAT?!? Ya-yah ... take that back you little ..." She shouted ....

 

"Noona ? .. " The little boy asked..

 

Both looked at the direction of Sanghyun ,both turning silent ..

 

"Hyung is that you ? " He asked in surprise ...

 

He ran towards them and hugged his hyung ,whom he missed ... making the bigger guy stumble back in surprise... he smiled at the little boy's actions .. Soohyuk missed both of these goofs ...

 

"Woahh.. you've grown look at you ... but you still can't beat hyung ..and we saw everything good for you, but either way you would have a better love life than your sister over here haha" he glanced at Dara and looked at her from head to toe and when he looked at her face he saw her eyebrows turning into a thin line obviously knowing why .. she hates him teasing her .... it makes her fume everytime and it is sure pleasure to tease his best friend ..

 

"I agree hyung, look at noona you do agree with me that she looks like an old ahjumma haha maybe even worse and with those glasses ..haha kekeke .. hey noona do you need advice i'll be glad to help.." the oblivious Sanghyun stated making her fume even more though the inocent guy failed to notice it ...

 

"You two are dead you hear me .... DEAD...." as of queue both young men stared at each other momentaraly and in a snap both ran away from the angry rabbit .....

 

"Yah!!! where do you guys think your going .... You can run but you can't hide ..." she chased them until they reached Dara's house but before she could reach them she suddenly tripped on her own foot ,she face planted on the floor and earned laughter from both men ... 

"Noona your so clumsy hahaha " both Sanghyun and Soohyuk said in unison whilst clutching their stomachs. 

 

Dara's mother was shocked to see her friends son and her daughter's childhood friend ... they spent the night catching up as they felt like it was just the old times .....

 

"So Soohyuk how are your parents we haven't seen each other for a long time now ... are they ok?" All members of the park family, minus the father , eyed the boy ... dara however felt a tint of worry as she looked at him because she was the only person that knows his fathers situation ... she only wondered if he would say anything.

 

Silence filled the room as he hesitated to reply .... ' SUPER AKWARD' dara thought because the room was indeed awkward ...

 

"They're just fine auntie ,and they want to meet again soon .." he finally spoke breaking the silence that proclaimed the room just a few minutes ago...

 

"That's good to know" Dara's mother replied ...

 

*****

 

It has been days and weeks, Seungri and Dara almost spent every single day together studing none stop for the nearing exams and though they are working together they still manage to fail being social with each other ... Seungri is too distant towards Dara though the latter never fails to tease the petite girl every once in a while , the petite girl however is trying to reach out trying to make a conversation and everytime Mr.panda teases her she feels annoyed but lets it slide ....

 

"What do you want for tomorrow lunch?" Dara asked quietly ...

 

"huh... why?" Seungri replied whilst focused on his math equations ..

 

"I seem to notice that you never eat at lunch" she reasoned as of a matter of fact she was attempting to make conversation.

 

"Why is this ahjumma so concerned .." he looked up and met her eyes ...

 

"I told you not to call me ahjumma ..." She said under gritted teeth ..

 

"hahahaha .... But your so fun to tease ... "

 

*Grumble* the sound of Dara's stomach echoed through the library ...

 

"Hahahahah i think your the one thats hungry ... omona .. too cute ..."

 

"Yah! I-Im not and i think we both know that im older than you so why dont you call me noona? arrasso ?" she said in a deanding voice ...

 

"ahaha you finally opened up santokki ..." he mumbled but dara heard it ... well the last part anyway ...

 

"DId you just call me santokki?" she asked

 

"Yes thats your nickname now but don't think of anything were still not close ... ill call you noona when we are close enough.." he blankly said whilst holding a genuine smile that Dara didn't fail to notice so in return she gave one back as she watched his retreating figure across the library ....

 

****

 

Dara was exhausated from another day in school ... she was walking home when suddenly she heard a familiar voice ...

 

" Let go of me ... " The sound of a scared little girl's voice.

 

'Hyuna?' dara thought .. she looked over the corner their she was right hyuna was standing their helpless as she was being held by a man on the arm..

 

without hesitating Dara came in to help the poor girl ..

 

"LET HER GO" her voice filled with athority ...

 

"Who are you?" the man in a mask asked ...

 

"I-I've called the police .." without hesitating the man lunged at Dara letting go of the poor girl ...

 

Hyuna thought that it was the moment to escape and so she ran .... looking for help 'I need to come back for unnie' she thought ... she was about to cross the road ...

 

 

"HYUNA !" ... *BEEP........*

 

 

****

 

A/n~~

 

Updated ... sorry I took so long ... I was busy with school stuff ... well hope you guys like this update and sorry if it's too long and if it's boring but hope it's enjoyable ... what do you guys think of what's gonna happen to Dara or Hyuna ? ... ( ^ω^ )