Chapter 7

I'll Have The Last Laugh

Sehun didn't like mornings, and that was a fact. Having to get up at 6 was already a chore and so he didn't appreciate it at all that the idiot Byun Baekhyun woke him up at 4am. 4am. That little ert woke him up at 4 a m. Instead of going back to sleep like he would have liked, thoughts of the previous day flooded his mind. Baekhyun's face, his far too close face. His lips. Those lips. Sehun made a face and gagged audibly, what is he trying to do?

Baekhyun purposely woke up loudly. He didn't mind mornings, in fact he thought they were the best part of the day; the birds sung, the air was almost serene, as though it were waiting for him before the day could start. The fact that Sehun missed the best part of the day made Baekhyun pity him, and so that was part of the reason why he was so loud this morning. That idiot had crushed him yesterday, and his head still hurt. Did he apologise? No. That jerk had been nothing but rude to him and Baekhyun had had enough. He was still annoyed at his 'magic' trick.

He hadn't known Sehun for long, but it was very clear that he enjoyed his sleep. Would it be annoying if he woke up before he planned to? Very. Would he be annoyed to find out that as soon as he does get up to shower, all of the hot water had been used up? Of course.

Baekhyun couldn't help but grin as the water turned bone-chillingly cold. He made sure to close the bathroom door loudly and resisted all of his temptation to look at Sehun as he walked through the cabin. If he did look, he would have seen Sehun's usually taciturn face screwed up in annoyance. Baekhyun smiled wistfully as he shut the cabin door behind him, oh how much I'd pay to see Sehun's face as he steps into an ice cold shower, he thought. Sadly, he had duties that awaited him before the daily activities began. He'd be able to see Sehun then. Grinning, Baekhyun left the camp.

As soon as the cabin door closed, Sehun bolted upright and threw his pillow in frustration. He felt like hitting something. The pillow hit the door with an unsatisfying 'thump' and slid down to the floor. Well that was disappointing. Sehun took a deep breath and calmed himself. "There's no point getting angry", he nodded to himself in affirmation.

Showers calmed him, he could drown his thoughts in rush of the water. They woke him up. They helped him start his day. With careless abandon, Sehun threw off his clothes and stepped into the shower. If Baekhyun had waited five minutes longer, he could have heard an earth-shattering shriek. Sehun couldn't jump out of the shower to wrap a towel around himself fast enough. What the hell? Why is it so-

At the moment of realisation, Sehun's eyes burned with hatred. That little- A violent shiver worked its way up Sehun's body and cut his thoughts off.

Throwing away all ideas of rationality, he looked around the room for something to help extract his revenge. The search proved fruitless, until he opened the cupboard and spotted a box of nose-strips. He smiled for the first time that morning.

 

* * *

 

Baekhyun borrowed a map from the reception of the camp. There was a small collection of shops to the west of the camp, apparently. Luhan had explained it, but Baekhyun was too busy laughing at what he imagined Sehun was doing to memorise it. In the end, Luhan lent him a map and circled the shops.

On his way, Baekhyun pulled out his phone and called Jongdae.

"Hey Byunnie!", he could hear Jongdae grinning on the other side of the phone.

"How many times do I have to ask you to stop calling me that?".

"As many as you want", he paused, "I'm not going to stop calling you it".

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Alright, Chen".

There was silence, "Chen? Why Chen of all names?".

Baekhyun frowned as he thought, "I have no idea, it was just the first name that popped into my head".

"Right. I don't like it".

"Then that'll be your nickname", Baekhyun idly kicked a stone in his path, "Anyway, I called you to give you an update".

Jongdae rubbed his hands together in excitement, "And?".

Baekhyun grinned, "I wasn't going to continue on with it, I just wanted to see what kind of a person he was. But...".

"But?".

"He's a stuck up brat".

Jongdae laughed, "What did I tell you? So... are you going to use some of the ideas we discussed?".

Baekhyun nodded before he realised Jongdae couldn't see him, "Mhm. I'm on my way to the shops now".

"What are you doing first? Operation blue?".

"Yep. Operation blue".

 

* * *

 

By the time Baekhyun had gotten back to camp, Sehun had already left the cabin - which was exactly as Baekhyun had planned. He stood there, staring at the bathroom for a moment before smiling, "Don't worry Oh Sehun, the inconveniences won't be limited to the bathroom".

Stashing the bag of props that he had bought in a drawer, Baekhyun raced to the shower in excitement and grabbed Sehun's shampoo.

Let's see how you like this.

Once Baekhyun had taken the next step in his cunning plan, he disposed of the evidence and the tap to wash his hands.

Immediately, water jetted out towards him and soaked his shirt completely. Fumbling uselessly to turn the tap off, Baekhyun looked down at his drenched shirt and back to the tap. Now that he looked closer, he could see that something had been attached to the bottom. Baekhyun pulled it off and stared at it in disbelief.

 

* * *

 

Sehun squirmed uncomfortably in the chair; just after he had rigged the tap to drench his supposed stalker, he received an unpleasant phone call. Thirty minutes later, he was in the car his way to a social event hosted by one of his parent's business associates. It was a laborious task and Sehun couldn't wait to leave. Unfortunately, the highlight of the evening was set to occur later than planned and a few guests, including Sehun, were forced to stay in hotels overnight.

For the first time in what seemed like a long time, Sehun settled down comfortably into bed and drifted asleep with ease.

 

* * *

 

Jongin was hogging the bathroom, and Kyungsoo really needed to pee.

"Come on! Just let me in, it's not like I'm going to see anything I haven't before".

"Just wait five minutes!", Jongin called out to him, his voice almost being drowned out by the water.

"You said that five minutes ago!", Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes in suspicion, "Are you dancing in there?".

"Just go use Sehun's bathroom; he's probably not back yet", Jongin was quick to reply.

Sighing loudly, Kyungsoo his heel and walked over to Sehun's cabin. He brought up a fist to knock on the door and then realised that nobody was inside - knocking would be pointless.

Walking in like it was his own cabin, Kyungsoo darted straight for the bathroom. Jongin had been right; Sehun wasn't back yet. It wasn't until his thoughts were no longer clouded by the urge to pee that Kyungsoo realised Sehun had a roommate. Thank god I didn't walk in on him doing something I shouldn't have seen.

I didn't see him when I walked in. He must be out too, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

"While I'm here", he reasoned aloud, "I may as well shower. Who knows how long Mr. Dancealot will be".

 

* * *

 

When Baekhyun crept back into the cabin, he did not expect to hear the highest pitched and loudest scream that he had ever heard. It was hard to believe that it came from Sehun.

Instantly, he burst out laughing, clutching his sides in amusement.

The bathroom door opened.

Restraining the forceful bursts of laughter, Baekhyun looked up to see Se-... not Sehun.

Two dark eyes stared back at him, not a hint of amusement on his face.

Kyungsoo's eyes burned with the wrath of a thousand suns, and in that moment, Baekhyun prayed to all of the gods that he'd get to live to see another day.

"Oh", was all he said.

 

* * *

 

In the midst of re-enacting the Thriller dance, Jongin heard a loud scream that sounded remarkably like his boyfriend.

"Soo?", he turned off the shower and called out. "Is there a spider again?". There was no response. Vacating the shower, Jongin saw that his boyfriend was nowhere to be seen.

He got dressed in record time and ran to Sehun's cabin. As he approached the door, it opened before him, revealing a very blue-haired Kyungsoo.

Jongin blinked several times in surprise.

The fury in Kyungsoo's eyes lessened a fraction and his lips jutted out as he spotted his boyfriend. Wordlessly, Jongin opened his arms and engulfed Kyungsoo in a hug.

"My hair's blue", Kyungsoo murmured against Jongin's shirt.

"I can see that".

"I don't want blue hair".

"It looks cute?", Jongin offered.

Kyungsoo made a noise of disapproval.

Jongin tightened his hug, "I'll go buy you some colour remover, okay?".

Kyungsoo nodded.

They stood there for a moment before Kyungsoo heard Jongin sniffing.

"Are you smelling my hair?".

"...Yeah".

Kyungsoo pulled away from him and looked up, "Why?".

Jongin's cheeks tinged pink, "I wondered what it smells like".

"What does it smell like?".

"... Hair dye".

Kyungsoo almost smiled, "What did you expect?".

Jongin looked away from Kyungsoo and murmured, "Blueberry".

Kyungsoo snorted, "You're such a dork". He sighed, "But that doesn't change the fact that this is your fault".

"Me?", Jongin's eyebrows rose. "What did I do?".

The fury returned and Jongin backtracked, "I mean, of course it's my fault. I'm sorry Soo". He made a puppy-dog expression to shield himself from Kyungsoo's anger. It worked.

"Uh", Baekhyun stood by the door and looked nervously at the couple.

Jongin stared at him.

"I'm really sorry", Baekhyun rubbed a hand over his face, "I didn't realise it was you! It was meant for Sehun", he paused for breath, "I'm really sorry".

Kyungsoo turned around to look at him and he had the decency to flinch, "I'm officially on Team Sehun now".

Baekyun frowned, "I thought you were already on his side?".

Smurfsoo shook his head, blue hair ruffling in the wind, "No. I was impartial. Now I'm not".

Baekhyun looked up at the cloudless sky and sighed, fantastic.

 

__________________

I swear all I seem to be writing about is bathrooms. THIS HAS TO STOP. Okay, no more bathroom scenes. (probably).

Also, I'm sorry for the slow update, I kind of really hate my writing right now T_T