Chance

Chance

 

“Time to wake up~” Tiffany whispered to herself, wrapping tightly her pillow and breathing its scent in.

 

A couple of hours ago, she had struggled with Yuri in order to keep it. She broke in the younger girl’s room and started hitting her with it. They played for a while, ending with Yuri giving in and letting Tiffany go with her pillow.

 

Tiffany couldn’t be happier. She couldn’t ask Yuri to sleep with her, but at least she had her pillow, and if she closed her eyes and thought about it, it was like having the tanned girl by her side. Her scent was too good to be truth.

 

“You have to wake up…” she told herself one more time, still hugging the pillow as if her life depended on it.

 

She forced herself to get up of the bed and made her way towards the shower. It had been a really exhausting week for the girls and the only thing she wanted to do was to be lazy with her members and enjoy their free day.

 

“Morning, Fany,” Sunny greeted as she got to the table a little after her.

 

“Morning, Bunny~” she greeted back, wearing her representative eye smile, but getting no response from the shorter girl, “are you okay?”

 

“More or less,” the usually fluffy girl answered, resting her head on the table, “I-I don’t know what’s going on with me”.

 

Tiffany frowned, “what do you mean?”

 

Sunny sighed. It was a long and deep sigh. One of those that usually come before a really serious revelation.

 

“You know you can tell me right?” Tiffany quickly sat beside her and patted her back, “we’re best friends”.

 

“Have you ever had that strange feeling in your stomach every time you see someone? Or when you’re next to someone? That feeling that you can’t control, it just happens and you can’t avoid…”

 

Tiffany smiled sadly.

 

“Do you have someone in mind right now?” she asked.

 

Nodding her head in agreement, Sunny chuckled with a hint of sadness, “I do”.

 

Tiffany smiled again. Only this time it was a smile filled with happiness, “who’s he? Do I know him?”

 

It was a first to know that Sunny was interested in someone, the aegyo girl was usually reluctant to develop romantic feelings for anyone. They knew.

 

Sunny blushed, “it isn’t actually a He, Fany. You should know”.

 

Tiffany chuckled, “yeah, I should know. Then, who’s the lucky one?”

 

“I’m not going to tell you,” Sunny answered, getting a mortified look from Tiffany, “at least not yet! Take that face off!”

 

“I’m so excited!” the American girl clapped excitedly, “have you girls gone out on a date or something?”

 

“Of course not! She doesn’t even know!”

 

“Wow…” Tiffany sighed. “You’re slow”.

 

She almost bite her tongue. Who was she to say that? She was the slowest ever. She lived under the same roof with her crush and she hadn’t done a thing in order to let her know about her feelings.

 

“I know I am, don’t need to remind it”.

 

*

 

If Tiffany was able to get Sunny the girl she wanted, maybe Sunny would help her with her own girl. It couldn't be that difficult, right? Sunny was beautiful and any girl should be glad to be chosen by her.

 

She got up from her bed and went for the shorter girl.

 

“Sun-” but she stopped midway, when she overheard Sunny and Taeyeon’s conversation.

 

“I don’t know, Tae!” Sunny whined, buring her face on her own hands, “how could I? What would she think about me?”

 

“You have to do it,” Taeyeon reaffirmed. “You won’t know anything if you don’t try it, I’m sure she will accept you”.

 

Tiffany felt a little betrayed at knowing that Sunny had told Taeyeon and not her who the mysterious girl was.

 

“But what if she doesn’t?” Sunny whined again, hitting Taeyeon’s pale arm, “it would ruin a lot of things for us. And not only us, but the whole group!”

 

A second ago, the American girl was about to walk away, but at hearing that statement, her feet glued to the ground. What would the group had to do with her crush?

 

“But I don’t think she will reject you!” Taeyeon replied, taking Sunny by her shoulders, “besides, doesn’t she show affection for you?”

 

“She does…” Sunny whispered, “I don’t know, I’m so nervous.”

 

“You girls would make a lovely couple”.

 

“You think so?” Sunny asked, using her aegyo.

 

“Yeah,” Taeyeon said, messing her hair, “you guys have the perfect height, she’s tall and you, well…” she got hit by Sunny, “you’re white and she’s tanned!” Taeyeon quickly said to save herself from being murdered by the short girl.

 

But it got stuck in Tiffany’s brain. Tall and tanned? It couldn't be…

 

“Besides, since Jessica left she’s been lonely. That dork has no one to prank now.”

 

“What about Tiffany?”

 

Yeah, what about me?! Tiffany thought.

 

“I don’t think she’s interested in Tiffany,” Taeyeon simply said, her words were said with confidence.

 

Those words hurt Tiffany. She was glad her feelings weren’t obvious, but knowing that her own member was interested in the same girl that her made her so sad.

 

“I know, right?” Sunny chuckled, “I’m the perfect one for her!”

 

“Now you’re being cocky”.

 

Sunny laughed and threw herself on her best friend’s arms. “Thank you, Taengoo!”

 

“Go and get your girl,” Taeyeon said, patting her back.

 

Even if it was really hard to accept, it seemed like Tiffany had gotten competition.