Chapter 4

A Crush or More? [HIATUS]

As they heard the familiar voice, they stood up with Hee-Jin rushing to the front door.

“Hae-in! Happy birthday! Also from Dia, Bora and Youngji. Oh! Hi Hyorin, Jungyoon.” Hee-Jin yelled excitedly and welcomed Hae-in's friends. They said hello back and took their shoes off.

“Thanks unnie.” Hae-in said and when she looked up she saw Mark and Yugyeom standing ready to greet her.

“Happy birthday Hae-in.” Mark said and smiled, giving her a hand.

“Happy birthday!” Yugyeom said, wanting to give her a hug but being pushed away.

“Thanks you two. And Yugyeom, I still don't like hugs.” Hae-in said, getting a pout from him.

 

Looking at the stairs, it seemed a little empty. Realizing her books weren't there she turned to her sister.

“Where are my books?”

“I put them in your room.” Yugyeom said a bit nervous, hoping she didn't mind. Hae-in however only sighed from relief.

“Great! I don't have to drag them to my room anymore.” Hae-in said happily and everyone walked into the living room.

 

Scanning the living room in awe because of the decoration, Hae-in looked at Hee-Jin with disbelief.

“Did you do all this?” Hae-in asked.

“Not all.” Hee-Jin answered.

“Ah good. That would be unbelievable.” she stated and nodded her head.

“Yah! That's mean!” Hee-Jin whined at the comment.

“It looks good. Thank you.” Hae-in said truthfully and she got a smile back from Hee-Jin.

 

Hee-Jin went to the kitchen to prepare some drinks as the others sat on the couch.

“Aren't Bambam and Jackson here yet?” Jungyoon asked.

“That means they didn't find a present then.” Mark commented.

“They'll probably come with candy.” Hae-in said.

“And they were putting so much effort in finding a present for you.” Hyorin said, feeling somewhat sad at the thought of them not finding anything.

“I bet they'll find something.” Yugyeom said assuring.

 

Coming back with the drinks, Hee-Jin also sat on a chair. Her time to rest was not long however as a knock was heard. As the others continued talking, Hee-Jin walked to the front door and opened it, revealing Jaebum with a box full of food.

 

“Oppa!” she said happily and let him in.

“Where do you want the food?” he asked and followed Hee-Jin to the living room. Greeting them, he put the box on a chair and began putting the food on the table Hee-Jin pointed out.

 

“I didn't invite him.” Hae-in commented. Somehow Hae-in had a feeling of dislike towards him. She didn't know why too though, he's always been nice to her. It was just a feeling.

“Yah! Don't be so rude to him!” Hee-Jin said and glared at her little sister. It had no effect however as Hae-in just gave a look of ‘like I care’ back at her.

“I know I know, I'm going already.” Jaebum said laughing as he finished setting the food. Taking the box in his hands he said happy birthday to Hae-in and goodbye to everyone before he went to the door.

“Thank you Jaebum oppa.” Hee-Jin said as she opened the door for him.

“No problem. Ah, your mother already paid so it's all covered.” Jaebum said as he saw Hee-Jin wanting to grab her wallet.

“Oh, okay. I'll see you later then.” Hee-Jin said and gave him a hug before he left.

 

As Hee-Jin noticed some figures walking towards her house, she stopped in her action just as she wanted to close the door. There she saw her cousins, Hyun Mi and Dong Woo, along with their parents and Woohyun.

 

“You came!” Hee-Jin yelled as she hugged Hyun Mi.

“Of course we came. And I’m right in front of you, you don’t have to yell.” Hyun Mi said and let go as it was now Dong Woo’s turn for a hug.

“My cute cousin!” he commented and laughed which made Hee-Jin laugh along. His laugh was contagious.

“Ah! Woohyun oppa.” Hee-Jin noticed him and gave him a hug too.

 

Giving her uncle and aunt also a hug, she let them through and closed the door behind her. Noticing her family Hae-in quickly stood up to say hello and give Hyun Mi a hug. She didn’t hug guys, even if they were family she wouldn’t. Noticing there was another presence next to Hyun Mi, she glared at him as she recognized him. It was Hyun Mi’s awfully disgusting greasy boyfriend, Nam Woohyun.

 

“Why is he here? I said I didn’t want him to come.” Hae-in commented while holding her glare. Woohyun shifted under her fierce gaze.

“It’s okay right? We were together just now and he doesn’t have anything to do so I thought he could come too.” Hyun Mi reasoned as she didn’t want to separate with her boyfriend.

“No, it’s not okay...” Hae-in muttered.

“I got you a present?” Woohyun tried and showed a bag. Frowning for a while, she sighed.

“Fine. Your present better be good then.” she said and they took a seat.

 

As family and friends slowly came floating in, they sang the happy birthday song and Hae-in blew the candles with a wish that she kept secret from everyone. If you tell, it won’t come true right?

 

After everyone settled down and had a piece of cake, it was finally time for the presents! As Hae-in already knew what she got from Hyorin and Junyoon, she showed the rest what she got and proceeded with the other gifts.

 

“We’re going first!” Jackson and Bambam yelled as they took out their rectangle package. Yugyeom eyed them suspiciously as it had the same shape as... his present! With wide eyes he looked at them, only to see a smirk on their faces.

 

“You guys, you didn’t!” Yugyeom said with full suspicion and pointed a finger towards the two.

“What are you talking about Yugyeom?” Bambam said innocently.

“Yeah, what’s wrong Yugyeommie~” Jackson said with a grin.

“I don’t know what you are all talking about, but I’m opening my present.” Hae-in declared and carefully opened the present without tearing the wrapping paper.

 

“Evil, you two are evil.” Yugyeom muttered sadly and Mark patted his back although he didn’t know what was going on.

 

Upon opening, it didn’t seem like Pusheen bed sheets. It were some chocolate bars and a DS game, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy to be exact.

 

“Yah, you guys tricked me!” Yugyeom said whiny while Jackson and Bambam cackled.

“Thanks for the present guys.” Hae-in said when the cackling died down, for as far as it could with those two that is.

“Do you like it?” Jackson said with full expectation. They were searching for quite a long time and also got to the party late because of it.

“You know chocolate can’t go wrong with me. But the game...”

“You like solving puzzles right? And you said you liked Layton.” Bambam reasoned, feeling a little nervous now because of the ‘but’.

“I don’t have a 3DS...” Hae-in stated and it grew silent.

“Yah! Why did you come with such a bad idea?! Of course we shouldn’t have bought this stupid Layton game.” Jackson screamed at Bambam and smacked his arm.

“Yah! It was your idea to buy that game!” Bambam argued and smacked him back.

“You didn’t want to steal that Baymax!”

“Guys, guys! Stop it!” Hee-Jin yelled, trying to stop the argument with no avail.

“Hey!” Jungyoon yelled loudly and the two stopped.

“That’s better, continue Hae-innie” she said.

“Like I said, I don’t have a 3DS. But unnie does.” Hae-in explained.

“Yup, she can always use mine so don’t argue anymore alright?” Hee-Jin said.

“... It was my idea to buy the game.” Jackson commented and the others laughed as Bambam scoffed.

“Ah, that’s right. You got this from Xiu Min.” Hee-Jin said and handed her the card he placed in the bag.

“You can get some Caramel Frappucino with it. Be sure to thank him.” She explained as Hae-in took it.

“I will.”

“I want to give my present now!” Hee-Jin said excited, unable to wait for the reaction of her sister. Rushing to her room and back, she handed her gift to Hae-in.

 

As Hae-in felt the package, she noticed that it was very soft. Carefully tearing up the paper, she noticed it was a soft clothing. It was a Stitch one piece.

“Wow it feels so soft and nice! I can wear this on pyjama days!” Hae-in said excited. “When did you buy this? I didn’t even notice.”

Smiling proudly as the plan worked Hee-Jin began to explain.

“I let it send to Mark’s address. If it would arrive at our house, you would be suspicious and even more suspicious if I needed to pick up a package at the post office without telling you I bought something...”

“Well that makes sense. Speaking of Mark, where is your present? I said you needed to buy me a fortune.” Hae-in said grinning with excitement.

“Here.” Mark said as he handed over his present. “You better like it, because it seriously cost me a fortune.”

“Thank you oppa.” Hae-in said. She usually didn’t use oppa, but she felt good today.

“Maybe you should find some work so your fortune wouldn’t run out so fast.” Woohyun suggested.

“Nah, I’m too lazy to work.” He reasoned back.

“Omo!” Hae-in yelled as she opened the package.

It was a box with all the Pocky editions, it had all flavours from the famous chocolate one to the Valentine specials. There were even two packages for each flavour.

“Thank you soooooooooo much!” Hae-in said and eventually gave Mark a small and quick hug as she was truly happy.

“You’re welcome.” Mark said and smiled, glad to know that his money didn’t go in vain now.

 

“Now I’m a bit scared to give my present...” Yugyeom muttered as Mark’s present was clearly number one.

“Don’t be like that.” Hae-in said and he gave her his present.

Opening it, she noticed it was a Pusheen bed sheet she still didn’t have.

“Thanks Yugyeom! Now I have the whole Pusheen bed sheet collection!” Hae-in said and decided to give him a quick hug too to cheer him up.

“I’m happy you like it Hae-innie.” he said and smiled brightly.

 

Opening the other presents and cards from her family and friends Hae-in was truly happy, not only for the presents but also the presence from everyone. Except Woohyun that was. He didn’t give a valid enough present, a birthday card with a picture of him, to get a piece of cake and therefore leaving less for herself. Overall she was happy, and she went to bed with her new Stitch pyjama and new Pusheen bed sheets.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I want to thank all readers and the new subscribers :D I wasn't sure if anyone would read this story actually xD and I'm happy that there are positive reactions ^^ As Hae-in got many presents, what would you like for your birthday?? :p Comments are love <3