Chapter 2

A Crush or More? [HIATUS]

Author Note: Oops, I forgot I checked it as hidden xd Chapter 2 is up! :D Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^^ and I'll hope you will enjoy this chapter too :)

NOTE: music note ♫  contain links, so you can listen where I'm referring from :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“-and that was it. Enjoy your year, work hard and do your best! Also, don't forget to pick up your books in the cantine area.” Henry said and finished his lecture.

 

Students began to stand up and walk out the classroom, some staying behind to talk to Henry as they were lovestruck by his charm and looks.

 

“Will you be okay carrying all those books? You didn't bring your bike with you. We can go together if you want.” Dia offered as they stood up.

“I'll be fine. Besides, your house is the other way. I don't want you making a detour with heavy books.” she answered back. Her friends were so thoughtful that it made her smile.

 

On their way to the cantine area they spotted their friend, Bora, coming from the class next to them.

“Morning girls.” Bora said as she started to walk besides them. Everyone said hello back and as they entered the cantine area they searched for the fifth year books.

“How was your summer vacation?” Youngji asked as they found it and stood in queue. A smile from ear to ear formed on Bora's lips as they asked her.

“Something happened.” Dia stated.

“Something good.” Youngji added.

“Something REALLY good!” Hee-Jin squeeled and started to jump, excited to hear the motive of her smile. Forming a circle, heads close to each other Bora started to speak up.

“I... Got a boyfriend!” she confessed and the girls started to squeel and congratulate her. Annoyed by the noise some girls started to walk in their direction.

“So who i-” they started to ask Bora but stopped mid-sentence as they were interrupted when some girls bumped into them. Turning around they saw the girl flipping back her hair and putting a hand on her hip.

 

“Gosh isn't it loud here? Why would they bother all these other students when we just want to get our books? That's so rude.” she said. It was Suzy, the girl who was considered the prettiest in their year with her followers, Yewon and Rian.

“If we were too loud, you should've just said so.” Bora argued.

“As if you would listen then.” Yewon snapped back, chewing on her gum and looking at her nails.

“Just ignore them.” Dia said and they turned around again.

Hee-Jin opened , wanting to say something, only to be interrupted again. This time it was Rian.

“When there is noise, there is always Hee-Jin. How surprising.” Rian said and glared at her. Trying not to cower away and hide behind Youngji who stood next to her she replied.

“Why do you always target me?”

“Simple, it's because – ”

“Oh! Mark is waving at you Rian, I think he wants you to come to him.” Dia said and pointed at him, who just retrieved his bag with books. There was no way he could wave like that... Mark turned his head their way as he heard his name and saw Rian immediately rushing to him. She grabbed his arm and engaged a full conversation with him about her vacation and whatsoever.

 

Looking at the scene, the four friends laughed as Yewon and Suzy looked annoyed that Rian just walked away and so they left.

“It's so obvious Rian likes Mark.” Hee-Jin noted as the others nodded.

 

Feeling eyes on him, Mark turned their way and made a funny face as he tried to imitate Rian talking, only to laugh himself. Trying to hold their laugh, they quickly looked away and tried concentrating on their queue.

 

Retrieving their books, they walked out of the school building. Putting the books on the ground they sat at a bench for a bit of rest.

 

“Are you really going to carry them all the way to your house?” Dia asked with belief as she was a bit out of breath by the load. She wanted to offer her help again when Hee-Jin already responded.

“I can do it! ...Probably.”

“Just go with Mark, I'm sure he'll help you.” Bora suggested and she looked around to see if he was still there.

“Wouldn't he be long gone? It took a while to get our books.” Hee-Jin reasoned and took a water bottle out of her bag to take a sip.

“I'm sure he's still here. Rian must have slowed him down.” Dia said and they laughed.

 

“Very funny you four.” Mark said as he came approaching them with Youngjae. When they both said a brief hello, Mark started his investigation. Or rather, his conclusion already.

“As punishment I won't help you with your books.” Mark said to Hee-Jin and took the bottle out of her hands to drink himself.

“It wasn't me... and don't drink it all up.” Hee-Jin responded sounding offended. Done with drinking, he turned the cap back on the bottle and returned it to her.

“It was me.” Dia admitted.

“I should've known it was you, Hee-Jin isn't that smart.” he commented and the two of them started laughing.

“Hey! That's mean!” Hee-Jin said and pouted, getting a pat on both her shoulders from Bora and Youngji.

“Don't worry Hee-Jin, I'll help you out.” Youngjae said and attempted to show his arm muscles. Giggling as he pushed some flesh up with his other hand to make a muscle, she gave him a playful slap and said, “Thanks Youngjae.”

 

“Forget it Youngjae.” Mark said in a monotone voice.

“Yah! I can carry some books too.” he said while laughing awkwardly. He knew he wasn't the strongest, but he could still help.

“Don't be so mean to him.” Bora commented.

“You got piano lessons right? You should go home now.”

Realizing what Mark said to him, his mouth opened from shock. He totally forgot he had a lesson today and before running away he bid them goodbye.

 

Hearing footsteps coming from behind Mark sighed and turned around.

“Did you forget something again Youngj–” Mark started, but stopped mid-sentence as he saw that it wasn't Youngjae who came back, but Jaebum coming towards them. Rolling his eyes and looking annoyed, he knew what was about to come so he quickly covered his ears.

“Jaebum oppa!” Hee-Jin yelled and quickly stood up to run up to him. Giving him a hug, Jaebum smiled while hugging her back and patting her head. Not forgetting the others, he waved.

 

Jaebum was like the big brother she never had, always looking out for her as much as he could and doting on her. He also helped her find a part-time job so they were currently both working at a restaurant called GotTASTE, owned by his parents.

 

“Hee-Jinnie, how are you doing?”

“Okay! How about you oppa?”

“I'm doing fine. I just wanted to know when you wanted the food to arrive at your house today.” he asked.

Hearing that he came for work reasons she began to pout. Seeing this he began to hold her tighter as to say to not look so sad. Smiling again Hee-Jin thought about what he said, wondering in her head about the food. Did they order something? Realizing the reason of the food order her eyes widened and let Jaebum go.

 

“Oh my gosh, I forgot to say happy birthday to Hae-in this morning!” Hee-Jin said in panic and retrieved her phone out of her pocket. She quickly typed 'Happy B-day Lil Sis!~ :D' and tapped her fringer on the send button.

“That's true! Say happy birthday for me.” Youngji said.

“For me too.” Bora said which made Dia say, “Me three.”

“I will, if I don't forget that is.” Hee-Jin said with a nervous laugh and began to grab her bag and the books. Seeing all the books Jaebum started to walk to her wanting to help her carry the books, but Mark was faster.

“Which reminds me, I need to pick up the cakes my mom ordered. Oh! You can come around 4PM. Is that okay for you oppa?” she asked, ignoring Mark who was now carrying her books.

“Of course.” Jaebum replied and looked amused at Mark as he pouted.

“I'll see you at four then.” he said and waved goodbye.

Everyone started to bid farewell and went their own way, Hee-Jin and Mark walking to his bike.

 

“Thanks for carrying them for me. Where are your books?”

“Basket.” he replied shortly. She knew that when he replied with short answers he was grumpy for whatever reason.

Putting Hee-Jin's book on the carrier, making sure it wouldn't fall off easily he put the binder around it. Getting the bike out of the bicycle rack, they started walking with Mark holding the bycicle while Hee-Jin walked behind holding the books on the carrier steady in case they would fall. Mark never talked when he was grumpy so instead of asking him what was going on, she thought of something to make Mark less grumpy. She started rapping.

 

It’s not working
So stop fronting
I know you're grumpy
Let’s start talking~♪ ”

 

No response.

 

Wassup? Wassup? Tell me tell me wassup?♪”

 

“...HAHAHA! Stop it! Oh gosh, you're so silly.” she heard him saying in between laughs and she smiled. Her almost nonexistent rap skills always worked!

 

Regaining his composure, he started talking again.

“So you're gonna get the cake first?”

“I'll leave the books at home and then I'll go to café Exoluxion to get the cakes.”

“What about decorating? Your mom is working right?”

“Yeah, she'll come later. I'll decorate the living room when I get home. Jackson, Bambam and Yugyeom promised to help me so I should be done before Hae-in gets home. Hyorin and Jungyoon took her out shopping.” Hee-Jin said.

 

At that moment she heard her phone saying 'ding dong, ding dong ding dong' notifying that there were unread messages. Getting her phone out of her bag, she looked at her screen seeing there were two unread messages.

 

From: Hae-in

To: Hee-Jin

Thx Unnie!~ ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ r u gonna buy cake 4 me this afternoon?? X3 &.iPut those trashy skl books on the stairs (I'll put them in my room when iGet home 。◕‿◕。) Anyway, I'm gonna go shopping now!! ≖‿≖ // (。・ω・)ノ゙ Bye bye!~

 

From: Jackson

To: Hee-Jin

NOONA!!! Bambam and I forgot to buy a present HAHAHAHA You'll be alright decorating with Yugyeom right? SORRY NOONA!!! m(_ _)m WE LOVE YOU!!! <3

 

As Hee-Jin read the messages she sighed and smiled a bit. She messaged Hae-in saying to enjoy herself and also texted Jackson that it was alright and that she hoped they would find a present. Although Jackson and Bambam were really loud all the time, they still were her little precious dongsaengs she cared for.

 

They arrived in front of Hee-Jin's house and both carried a part of her books.

“Who was it?” Mark asked as Hee-Jin opened the door.

Going up the stairs she replied, “Hae-in and Jackson. Hae-in is off shopping and Jackson and Bambam are still looking for a present so only Yugyeom will come later... Could you help me with decorating too now that they're coming later?”

As they put the books in her room they plopped on the bed.

“I'll come by later when you got the cake alright?” he answered.

“Thanks.”

“Thanks who?” Mark said and turned his body to her to look at her, cheshire smile on.

“I'm not going to say it again! It was a one time thingy.” Hee-Jin said and giggled, slapping him away which made him lie on his back again.

 

It became silent between them as they got comfortable and relaxed.

 

“I should get the cake before I fall asleep...”