Chapter 63: Tying the Rope Part 2

Perfect for Me

            Yoona’s jaw dropped open. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Was I serious?

            The jeweler looked delighted as she led us over to the other side of the store. “These are the most expensive rings that our store has, “she pointed the rings locked inside a heavy-proof glass case. I took a look at the different rings.

            “Which one is the most expensive?” I asked.

            Yoona was surprised. Was I serious? The jeweler seemed surprised as well.

            “Oh, that would be this one.” She pointed at the shiniest diamond ring I'n the case. “Worth half a million won.”

            Yoona looked over at me, “Oppa, I don’t need the most expensive ring! I think we should still look around. I don’t know if it’s a good idea to put such worth on my finger!”

            I didn’t tear my eyes off the shiny diamond, “Are you sure, Yoona? I really want to give you something worthy, something that shows you how much you are worth to me.”

            Yoona couldn’t help smiling. “Oppa…I’m certain. I want to find something that’s special and meant for just the two of us.” She gestured towards the other side where they had been before. She walked over to the other side and looked down at the rings. “Oppa, this one.”

            I walked over and put my arm around her. “That one? Alright then.” I motioned for the jeweler to come over. “That one.”

            The jeweler took the set of rings out. She handed it over to me. I took the woman’s ring out and looked at it, “Do you think it’ll fit?” I took Yoona’s hand and put it onto her ring finger. It slipped on perfectly. “Wow, I guess this is the ring that was meant for you.”

            Yoona smiled and took the man’s ring and slipped it onto my ring finger, “Same to you too.”

            “Wow! You really are a perfect couple!” the jeweler smiled from ear to ear.

            We took off the rings and placed it back into the box. I took out my credit card and paid for the set of engagement rings. After I’d paid for it, I put it into my pocket and we walked out of the jewelry store.

<3

            “Ryeowook?” Yoona woke up the next morning. She had stayed over at my place last night. She walked out of the bedroom and walked into each room, but didn’t find me. Where had he gone?

            Yoona went to get her phone and called me, “Oppa?”

            “Yoona.” I said when I picked up the phone.

            “Where are you oppa?” Yoona yawned while she said this.

            “… Yoona, we had no more milk, so I stepped out to buy some.” I explained to her. This was an excuse. I wasn’t even sure if there wasn’t any more milk.

            “Oppa!” Yoona opened the fridge, “You do have milk! Did you not see it?” Yoona was amused at how silly I was. How had I not seen it?

            “Oh, really? Oh, haha.” I chuckled, “Well, I’ll be shopping for tonight’s dinner, so don’t wait for me. There’s breakfast in the fridge.”

            From behind Yoona heard Jessica’s voice, “Is this okay?”

            Yoona felt herself stiffin up. Was that Jessica she’d heard? Why had she hear Jessica? What was going on?

            “I gotta go now! See you!” I hung up quickly.

            After he’d hung up, Yoona couldn’t help but feel a bit scared. Was I with Jessica again? Hadn’t we just bought the rings yesterday? What was going on?!