Your Knight

Forever Your Knight(One Shot)

I felt a pair of arms around me.I slowly opened my eyes.Everything was still so blurry.It was mom.

"Dear,you need to tell me what's going on right now".

She walked me to the nearest seat.

"It's *sob Lay *sobs he's -an-accident".I could'nt get my words right.It's all messed up.I don't even know how to explain this situation to mom.I kept on crying.I could'nt even breath properly.

"It's okay..breath..relax..he's going to be okay".That's what she said.Everyone would say the same would'nt they?I was scared that everything would'nt be okay.There's atleast something wrong going on.It's never okay.Lay.Please.

...

A few hours later,a nurse came to us.

"I'm sorry to disturb you miss but are you related to Mr.Zhang Yixing ?".

I quickly stood up upon hearing his name.

"Yes I am.I'm his girlfriend".

"Come with me please miss".She brought me into a room which was located around the ICU.Just going through the ICU scares me.There's probabky something wrong somewhere untill he's in the ICU.Lay what have you been doing?

 

A doctor stood infront of the door of Lay's room.I rushed towards him and threw in questions about him.

"He's going to be fine".

"Thank god".

"But-".That stopped my heartbeat for a moment.

"There's less chances.Just keep on praying and we'll find the best way we can to avoid it".

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LESS CHANCES?!YOUR A DOCTOR FOR HEAVAEN'S SAKE!".

"Miss please calm down.As I said,we're still trying our best".

I only nodded because I was afraid if I kept on making a ruckus,they would'nt let me see Lay.

I slowly open the door,Being afraid of what I will see on the other side of it,And there he was.Bandages everywhere.As I went closer to him,more tears flowed down.I felt weak.My heart.How can I still cope with this? I could'nt believe that such a thing would  happen to him.I could just collapse anytime,due to the lack of water in my body.My legs shook as I could'nt hold the pressure of my own weight.So I kneeled down beside him.Holding his hands tightly in mine.

"Why Lay?*sobs why?".

I prayed.So that a miracle would happen.

.....

I waited for him to wake up.It's 3am.Bloodshot eyes,low sugar level,lack of water, I'm having it all.I was tired.Someone noticed it.

"Dear..just rest..you need it.Don't worry about him,I'll take care of him while you rest".

She is still trying.

"Mom..I can't.I need to be the first to know and to see him when he wakes up".

"Look at you.You look horrible just rest".

"I'm sorry mom.I really am".

....

I opened my eyes.Realised the sun had rose,I fell asleep.Beside him.Holding onto him.Still unconscious.At the corner of the room are my parents,they too fell asleep.

I just stared at him.Re-admiring him.It's beenlong.I slowly moved my hand upwards and touched his haur.His black and soft hair.Slowly going down towards his face.I smiled,Remembered all the memories we had.I stood up slightly and planted a kiss on his forhead.

That's when hisfingers twitched.

Once.

Twice.

His eyes started to open.

"Lay?!Jagiya?!".I could;nt control myself.Again tears flowed down.I was happy.Very happy.I thought I would never see him again.Ever again.

I hugged him.I thought,"I will never let go".Untill he spoke.

"Emm..Jagiya..I.. can't..breath..".

I easened out slightly.

"Mianhae..".

"Are you okay?Are you still hurt?".Those were the words I said as I let go.I checked on him.Just like how he did it to me that day in the toilet.

"I'm fine.Don't worry".He smiled.

His smile.

I sat beside him and just stared.

"Something wrong jagi?Is there anything on my face?". He got confused.

He was just pale.Reakky pale.His lips were dry.

I shook my head.

I layed myself down and hugged him.He only hugged back.I don't want to waste anymore time.

So we cuddled.It's been 30 minutes.Silence.He broke it.

"Jagiya let's make a promise".

"What promise? ".

"If...If I go..-".

"No!Don't you dare say that!".

"Please listent to me first okay?And I said if did'nt I? ".He made sure he thicken out his 'if'.

I kept quite.

"If I leave one day,promise me that you will move on and find that missing piece for your heart.Find it.Don't worry about me.Because I wanna see you be happy.I'll protect you from up there and watch you.I'm still your knight".

"Lay I...".

"Please for me".

"Then you need to keep your promise.Just like how you said it".

"I promise".

"But you can't go.We would be together forever right?How about mom and dad,they already planned out for us.We would grow old together and go together".

"Ofcourse jagiya".He smiled on hold me on tighter.

I felt safe.

I went closer to his face,and kissed him.He only accepted.It went out for a moment.I then continued resting by him.

"I almost forgot".

"What?".

"Happy Anniversary Jagiya".

"How can you still say that at this moment?!How do you even-".

"Look even how badly injured I am,I still will remember,I just had to say it okay".He pouted.

"Awww..Happy Anniversary to you too baby".

"I love you.. you know that right.And I promised to protect you".

"Why are you saying things like this?".

"Just to tell you".

"Lay..".

He kissed my forhead.

He smiled.With his paleness it really got my heart teared slightly.Why does he kept on thinking this way?

Why would he even?

I just layed my head on his chest.Crying on his chest.Hearing his heartbeat.It glued my pieces together again.I missed being close to him.I could also hear his breathings.

Is this just another test to test my strength?What wrong did I do that I had to deserve this?Do I even deserve this?
While asking those questions,I realised his heartbeat was getting slower.I looked up.He was looking at me with a smile.

"I Love you..I'm your knight and I will protect you... remember..that".And he closed his eyes.

I panicked.

"Lay?Lay?!Zhang Yxing?!No no no .. DOCTOR!!!!".

Nurses rushed up into the room with a doctor.

"Miss I need you to move so we can perform CPR".

A nurse pulled me away.My parents woke up and rushed towards me.

"What-what happend?!".

"Lay..He..".

I kept on crying .I just could'nt...

Zhang Yixing... I love you too.Your forever my knight.

 

< END OF FLASHBACK >

I wiped my tears away.All those memories.I put down the flowers.

"It'sthe 3rd year of me visiting you,I hope you still keep your promise Lay.I miss you.and...Happy Anniversarry".

I smiled and stood up.

A girl at the age of 1 ran towards me.

"Mommy...".

I hold onto her.Mydaughter which I call her princess.

I walked up towards a guy standing a few feet away.

"I'm sorry bout this",He looked down.I raised up his head and smiled at him.

"Baby,no worries,it's all in the past now".

He smiled back and hold onto my hand.We walked together towards the car.

While walking,I saw someone under the tree.

"Kris you can wait in the car with princess.I'll catch up with you guys later okay?".He only nodded and took princess.As he walked away,I went under the tree.

The person turned around.

Zhang Yixing,

"Hello there".He smiled.Still with his deep dimples."

"It's been quite a long time has'nt it?".

"How are you?".

"Good,I got married last year".His smile widened.

"You did it".

I started crying.

"How about you?".

"I'm -".

"Why did you leave me?".

"Jagiya please do-".

"You knew did'nt you?".More tears flowed.

"Please..jagiya..don't cry..".

I stayed quiet.

"Please I cant..".He went closer.He raised his hands towards my face.He tried wiping away my tears.But he could'nt.

"You see,,".

I quickly wiped my tears and smiled.

"I'm sorry I was just-".

"It's okay Jagiya..I'm happy enough to see that you kept your promise and that your smilling".

Before I could answer he was aleady starting to fade.

"Looks like I need to go now".

"Lay please.."

"I love you.I'll protect you from above okay".He's gone.Again.

I whispered,

"I love you too.My knight".