Prologue Pt.2

Maybe This Is Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

6 Years Ago (Junior Year)

“Minjae are you paying attention” I heard my teacher calling me out.

I lifted my head from my deck not wanting to see her face right now. I nodded my head replying to her question.

“No you weren’t. Don’t lie to me” She yelled at me and she went back to teaching her class.

Then why did you ask? I simply wanted to tell her but I knew that was going to be a bad idea, so I kept my mouth shut.

One year and two months… That’s how long they have been together. And a year and two months since he last talked to me. What a jerk.


 

“You need to get over him” One of my friends told me.

And she’s right. I can’t be dwelling about in the past regretting my decision about not telling him my feeling towards him.

“Yeah. I really do” I got up feeling a bolt of assurance. I don’t need to do this to my self. He’s just a guy that I had a crush on for four years.

“Yunno what? I feel like I’m going to buy every food on the lunch menu today” I said with full optimism in my voice.

I saw my friends smiling at me and telling me to share, but then their smile fell. I can see that they were looking behind me and not at me anymore.

When I turned around I saw him there. Right behind me. He didn’t need to tell me anything. His facial expression said it all.

 

5 Years Ago (Senior Year)

“Minjae, one day I’m going to be famous” I can hear Baekhyun telling me.

I was going to tell him to audition for a music industry but one of our friend opened first.

“Nobody is going to want you” She straight out told him. “I’ve heard you sing before, and trust me, its not anything special”

Everyone in the table turn to look at her and they shook their head in agreement. I in the other hand thought his voice was beautiful. He’s probably the best singer I know in person.

“Baekhyun, she kinda has a point” Another of ‘our friend’ said “I know you used to have a band and everything but being famous is a whole different story, its like one in a million”

I can see his face fall and all I want to do right now hold him and tell him that he can make it, because I know he can.

“Well you know what? I was talking to Minjae not you guys” He playfully wrapped his arm around me and held me.

I honestly felt like my whole body was going to melt right in front of him, but I just did what any friend that has a crush on their friend would do. Play along. And that’s what I did. I wrapped my arm around him too and smiled to our so call friends.

“Yeah! I believe that he can BE famous-wait no, let me scratch that out. He Will be famous”

He turned to look at me and I did the same thing to him. He gave me a small smile before turning back to our friends and continue eating, but his smile remain.

That smile of his will be the death of me.

 

End of Senior Year

“Hey Baekhyun?”

“Hmm”

“What are you going to do for a living ?”

Today is the last day of our high school year, which means that we’re going to start our first year in university soon. I remember Baekhyun signing up to an art school, but he never told me if he got accepted.

“I told you. I’m going to be famous”

“You should audition to an entertainment company. I’m pretty sure they will accept you”

He suddenly stopped walking and looked at the ground. I walked towards him laying my hand on his shoulder and trying to look at his face.

“What’s wrong?”

He slowly lifted his head up and let off a small sigh. “I auditioned to a company a month ago and they said that I didn’t pass. They said that I wasn’t good enough to make it”

He audition and I didn’t know about it! I quickly got that thought out of my head because that’s not the problem. The problem is that he audition but did not get accepted.

He noticed that my facial expression has changed and he started to laugh. “Minjae there’s a lot more companies out there and I’m pretty sure one of them will accept me. Remember, I was born to be a star” He gently pats my head.

Please log in to read the full chapter