Chapter 1: Endless forest

In My Arms

 

In a forgotten world a boy was born. He came on this world with a purpose; he will either protect it or destroy it.

I was born on a cold day of January; the snow was falling and the sun was deep within the clouds. My mother gave birth to me in a little house at the outskirts of the town. Alone in there she managed to do it, but she died soon after and the only thing I have left from her is my name – Do Kyungsoo. 

Hearing about my mother's death, my father came home. He took me to a place that was supposed to be my new home, but that place did not look like a humanly place. Because, it wasn't. At the age of 15, my father finally told me the truth.

I am Do Kyungsoo and I am half-human, half demon. My mother fell in love with my beautiful father and after they made me, she realized, I was not supposed to be born.
Now I have 17 years and I am still in Hell with my father, the King; yes, my mother fell in love with no other but Lucifer itself.

I trained daily; I learned how to fight with a sword, the arts of war and even how to make my own weapons. He soon told me about my dark destiny. I was supposed to inherit the throne. I was expected to be the next King, but I didn’t want that; it didn’t feel right. Maybe that was because of my “half-human” part.


 ✽ ✾ ✽


Today is my anniversary; I turn 18, and it seems that here there is a tradition –  when you turn 18 they leave you alone in the endless forest, here you have to survive and get out alone, only then you are considered a full demon and only then you will be treated like one.
And that's what they did. They left me in the middle of the forest. I was all alone. There was no path that you can take, the trees looked all the same, the sun didn't exist here so you can't use his light for guidance, the only thing you see, are trees and darkness. I was now walking alone, in an unknown land, where the only things you can meet are cursed creatures or lost souls wandering and searching for a light to guide them out of this labyrinth.

And in that darkness, I found a light. Deep inside the forest, after wandering alone for who knows how many days, I saw a flickering light.

 “Am I dreaming? Is this because I'm tired?” No, it was not. It really was a light there. 
I slowly approached the source and the scene left me speechless.

You could see a moon there; with a light so blue that made it feel like Earth. This little place, with a glittering light and an exquisite river with little stones, had a boy sleeping beside it.  The boy was skinny, but with a very tempting posture; his golden hair parted on the left and his white clothes that looked like snow made him look like a fairy. 
As I tried to approach him, he woke up. In that moment I knew, he wasn't just there alone for no reason; he was my savior, he was my little spark inside all this darkness; he was the one who is going to get me out of here. 
As he woke up and saw me, he took a step back and just looked at me as if he did not know what I am or where he was. He was looking quite confused, but before I got a chance to say something I passed out. 

I woke up the next day and he was beside me; sleeping like a baby again. This time I could get a better look at his face. Besides the fact that his blonde hair stood out, his skin was quite dark and with long and dark eyelashes. His hands were just like a girl's and the way he slept so hopeless made him look sad and lonely, like he didn't belong here. He took me in a cave, where again, unlike all the darkness that surrounded me, here was all light up and blue. The walls where all kinds of shades of blue and it looked like the ocean, with little sapphire blue stones deep in the walls and with the light breeze that was coming from outside made it feel really peaceful. 
While I was gazing like that, he woke up. However, this time he didn't look like he didn't know who he was or what he was, he looked normal. And when I thought things couldn't get any better, he smiled and said,

“Are you okay? You’re not hurt or anything right?” with a concerned look on his face grabbed my hand and looked at me.

“Uhm… No no no, I’m okay.” 

“I’m sorry that I moved you, but I couldn't let you lay there unconscious. So I just brought you here..." and then with a slim smile, he looked at me and his smile got bigger. 
“That’s okay, thank you for not leaving me there, really I could've died if it wasn't for you. “After I said this, he blushed a little and then he smiled again. 
"I'm Jongin by the way, but people just call me Kai." He said with a big smile on his face and with his hand still connected with mine.
" Ah, my name is Do Kyungsoo, but they tend to call me little prince." with a muddled look, he laughed a bit and just replied,
“I’ll call you Do if that's okay. I like Do better than little prince. Also you can call me Kai" he was all smiles. Here I started to realize, I wanted him to stay by me; I didn’t want to part with him.

“What are you doing here? Are you perhaps lost, like me?”

“No, I just suddenly woke up here. I don’t remember much, but I know some things that I guess are enough… but now that you mentioned it, where exactly is “here”? And as I thought, he doesn’t know where he is. Should I tell him that this is Hell? Or the better question is does he even know if he is a demon or a human?

“Hmm, how should I put this? Before I tell you where you are, I have a question, do you know what kind of being you are? Are you perhaps a demon or just a lost human soul?” maybe this will be confusing for him but he should be able to answer it, after no mere human can enter Hell without my father permission or with the condition of being dead, and he sure did not look dead to me…

“If you put it that way, I don’t know… I have memories of places I went and people I have seen. I have memories of my family and friends, but I don’t know what I am, so I suppose I am a lost human soul…” with a confused expression, he just lowered his head and looked to the ground.

“Don’t be sad, I’ll help you figure out what you are, but first we have to get out of here, and since you found this cave, it looks like you can help us get out of this endless forest.” I don’t want to burden him, but right now we have to get out of here, after I get to my father I can ask him about this matter and find out who he really is.

 ✽ ✾ ✽

After a while, he really did found the way out.

“You did it! You got us out!” I grabbed his hands and jumped like a little kid. He looked happy and with a big smile, he jumped along with me.

“I did it! I did it!” he looked so happy, just like a little puppy that just came back with a ball he fetched.

“Okay, now that we finally got out of here, let’s go to my house and find out more about you.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s do that. Let’s go, let’s go!”

With our hands still holding on, we left for my house. I was now going to be praised by my father. I managed to get out and finish my task; I was now a full demon.

Or so I thought… 


A/n: I know that my 2min story is still not finished but I had this idea and I needed to write it and I hope you will enjoy this. Thank you for reading and comment if you like it ^_^

I will update this fast and I hope you will enjoy reading it!