Barcelona 10:10

Exodus

In a small café of Barcelona, Tao took a sip of his cappuccino. He was very relaxed and chilled with the morning he was having. So far, he had managed to go through the whole morning without hearing a single voice.  For the past days, he had been hearing what seemed like voices in his head. They got so bad that he had to go to see a psychiatrist, who declared it to be an affect from the past week’s stress. The man prescribed him some medication and for Tao it seemed to work. It was just like he said. It was nothing that medication couldn’t fix. He would soon realize how wrong that would be.

As he put his cup down it, he opened El Pais (The Country) newspaper. Immediately, the headline caught his attention. It said “El cometa está apareciendo en diez ciudades de todo el mundo.” (A comet appears in ten cities of the world.) Tao felt a tug of recognition at the formation. He quickly read on scanning over the lines as the voices came back all at once again but this time he recognized the voices.

“Let go! Luhan! No, I said LET GO! Luhan! No, no, no… Luhan...”

It was Sehun.

“Run, Tao! Get out of here!”

Kris?

“Two sacrifices. Two sacrifices are my price”

That voice.

Above him, the light shimmered like it was ready to shatter at any moment. His eyes flickered at the light bulb and his hands moved automatically to cover his from the flying glass shards. But they never came. Tao slowly put the paper down and looked around. What was going on?

He quickly got up. It was like the whole world paused. One man was in mid sip of his coffee while another was still turning the page. Even the barista was stuck in mid swipe of cleaning a cup.

What was this?

Was this some kind of joke?

But as he ran through the doors, he knew. He knew this wasn’t a joke. He could feel the power of the dimensions surge into him. He was the one who could control time. He had done this thousands of times before. And just like that, a mark burned the back of his hand but he took no notice. He needed to find s and her needed to find them now.

He could hear the barista drop the cup and shouts of the men inside as the glass flew everywhere. Time resumed again as Tao stopped for a moment. Where would he look for s?

Then he felt the burning sensation on his hand grow stronger to his left. So he followed it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: 

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that line of the newspaper is what I translated because I take spanish in school but please let me know if it is wrong and sorry if it is (; ̄Д ̄)

Funny how this is a korean teaser yet it's a chinese guy reading spanish. idk I kind of find this funny and ironic. *hides* Don't hold that against me, please. (シ_ _)シ