001

Lilac

"You can do this," Yulchan mumbled in front of the mirror while fixing her necktie. 

"Erghhh! Why I need to use this !"she breath out throwing daggering glare to the mirror in so much anger as she has been attending her necktie for like half an hour already. A knock on the door make her averted her gaze towards it.

"Yulchan, you in there ?" a deep voice can be heard. 'Chanyeol..'

"Yulchan, may I come in ?" he asked before opening the door. She quickly looked away  and her gaze landed back at the mirror once she sees the door opening.

"Hey, are you okay ?" he asked. When he get no response, he make his way towards her. He grabbed her shoulder and make her turn around. She lowered her head staring at her socks covered feet rather than making an eye contact with her brother.

"Hey, what's wrong ?"once he saw the undone necktie around her collar, he just smile "Ahhh, get stuck with that thing I see." he said while pointing at her necktie. "Here, let me help." Silence embedded both of them while he was working on it.

"Chanyeol,"

"Hmmm"

"Mom hate me right ?" once he heard that, he stop and sighed.

"Yully-ah-" "Don't call me that Chanyeol."he breath out another sigh.

"Yulchan, mom doesn't hate you. She loves you."

"No, she hates me. She doesn't want to see me in this house.That's why she stopped Ms Lee. That's why she send me to school. She know I hate it and I need to deal with this early in the morning. She wants to make me suffer."she mumbled while tugging her undone necktie.

"Yulchan, now listen to me.Mom loves you.So much. Same goes with me, dad. We love you." he said softly lowering his gaze to be same level as her  while holding both her shoulder.

"Now, lets gets this thing ready and I'll sent you to school okay." he continued pointing at her undone necktie. She just nodded weakly in respond. After minutes past,

"Done ! Now, shall we ?" Chanyeol asked with a wide grin accross his face after dealing with the necktie knot. As he was admiring his work, he suddenly being hugged by Yulchan. "Thanks chanyeol." She sobbed.

"You're welcome Yully-'' "Not that name.'' she whined and hit him. Chanyeol just chuckled at her reaction." Always remember that I will always be with you no matter what. Now stop crying okay." he loosened the hug and wiped her tears away. She enveloped him in another hug and cried. "Aigoo, Yuri, our little baby sister won't stop crying. What should I do ?"he said faking a sad tone.

" Five minutes." Yulchan mumbled. He just smile her back and rocking their body together to calm her down.

 

                                                                                                                                  

"Yulchan."

"Yes"Chanyeol just smile as he sees Yulchan seems to be nervous fiddling with her finger. 

''You'll be fine okay, plus, doesn't youngie attend this school too ?" he comforted her while her shoulder.

"Hmm.. I'm going.''she said opening the door.

"Fighting ! Love you !"he voice out once she was out of his car.

"Hmmm.."she respond lazily closing the door.

 

Once she was out of my car, I fished out my phone dialing a certain number. After three beep, someone speaking on the line in a groggy voice.

“Sooyoung speaking.”

“Yah Youngie ! You still in bed ? Wake up lazy bum !”

“Who are you ?”she asked still in that groggy voice.

“Who am I ? Wake up already, I bet you’ll be late to school.” rolling my eyes expecting  her to see it.

“Ohhhhh by judging your deeeeeppp voice, you must be Chanyeol right. My handsome brother cousin.”I can tell she’s smiling at the other end.

“Well thank you for your compliment but I think you better get ready now or else you’ll be climbing the school gate.”

“What time is it ?”she still with her groggy voice.

“My watch showing half past seven and so that you know, my watch is showing kst.” I said in a mocking tone while glancing my watch on my left wrist.

“OH ! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME EARLIER CHANYEOL ! I’M ING LATE FOR SCHOOL RIGHT NOW ! THAT DRAMA LAST NIGHT !”

“I’ve told you earlier idiot.” I said palming my face and all I heard on the line is rumbling sound.

“Yah, what are you doing ?”

“……..”

“YAH IM SOOYOUNG !”

“WHAT YOU WANT ! I’M BRUSHING MY TEETH RIGHT NOW !”she replied in an incoherent words. Chuckling at her attitude, I switch to handsfree mode and pull up car my back to the road.

“Yah Sooyoung hurry up !”

“OHMYGOD ! You scared me. I thought you already hang up. By the way, why are you calling me this early ? Are you going to buy me food ?”

“You and your food. I just want to inform you that Yully is starting her schooling today.”

“Oh really ? Which school ?” I bet she’s rolling his eyes right now.

“Fortunately, its your school my dear.”

“Really ? Like are you even serious ? You’re sober right Chanyeol ?” she’s asking question after question.

“Wow, one by one please. For your questions, yes, yes and yes.”I pulled my car in front of a certain house and just smile at her reaction, and wow she just know how to scream.

“Calm down, Youngie ? Are you done because I’m right in front of your house right now.”

“What are you doing in front of my house ?”

“To give you a ride to school. I bet you’ll be late if your driver send you because one, he’s old and a law geek  and second, I can tell he’s too scared to even speed because he don’t want to get your daddy’s car a scratch or he’ll be feed to your daddy’s pet crocodile.”

“You’re the best Chanyeol but since when my daddy owned a pet crocodile ?”

“Its just an expression Youngie and can you please be quick.”

“I’m on my way, don’t blame me, this house is just too big for me to reach the front door real quick. And Chanyeol, I’ll hang up because talking to phone while running is just so annoying. See you in minutes.”

“Tsk..What a spoil brat.”

 

“Hello handsome !”

“Yah ! Just how big your house is ? I’ve been waiting like I don’t know how long.”she just flash her toothy smile and show a full bag of sandwiches.

“I’m trap in a traffic jam in the kitchen. Want some ?”she explain offering  me a half-eaten sandwich.

“You still think about food when you are already late ? Unbelie-“she cut my sentence by shoving the half-eaten sandwich in my mouth.

“You’re so loud man. I don’t even know how your girlfriend can stand your nagging plus food is a half of me. I live for food so stop judging.”she said while fishing out another piece of sandwich and start eating it like she haven’t eaten for half a year.

“I don’t have a girlfriend though.”

“Not surprised though. You know why ?”she asked looking at me.

“And why was that ?”I asked her while chowing down a mouthful of sandwich.

“Because no girl want a mother-in-law like girlfriend plus you’re creepy.”she said before stuffing with the sandwich.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief“Oh my god, I don’t know why but I’m starting to regret fetching this kid here plus how can be this skinny when she’s eating like a pig.”I mumbled under my breath.

“I heard that man and can we please get going. Its already first period.”she said playing with her phone and not forget her sandwich in her other hand.

“ I hate you Im Sooyoung.”I pull up my car back to the road.

“I love you too !”

“Whatever. Just if you’re not my beloved cousin sister, I’ll throw you out of the car.”

“Just accept the fact that I’m your beloved cousin sister.”she smiled happily to me before continue chowing down her sandwich.”Oh by the way, what made aunt change her mind sending Yully to school ? ”she suddenly voice out with sandwich-full mouth. I won’t be surprised if one day she’d die choking on her food.

“I don’t know. Nobody knows. She suddenly made a decision of sending her to school.”

“Aunt is so mysterious.”

“Youngie, I hope you can take care of my Yully in school. I’ll treat you snacks if you take care of her.”Sooyoung loves snacks.

“Yah, are you trying to bribe right now. Even if you didn’t ask, I’ll will take care of her. She’s my cousin anyway, not forget lovely.”

“Thanks youngie.”

“Ohh don’t forget you promise to buy me snacks .”she clapped her hands.

“Erghh !”both of us ended up laughing.

 

 

“A little higher chanyeol.”she said while trying to climb the tall wall at the back of the school by stepping on my shoulder.

“You weight a ton ! My shoulder is giving out.”I said while standing on my toes to make it higher so that she can climb up.

She’s now already sitting on the wall and playing with her phone.”Yah, what are you doing ? You should be running in the hallway by now.” I shouted at her unbelieving my own eyes. Was she really playing with her phone right now ? Im Sooyoung is really something.

“I’ll die if I jump from here. I’m waiting for my boyfriend to come and catch me.”she slip her phone in her bag and throw it on the ground.

“Yah dweji, you are exaggerating. And  you have a boyfriend ? Didn’t tell me before.”I asked her as she started humming random song .

“Give me thousand reason why I need to tell you.”

“Reason one to thousand because you are my beloved cousin sister. I should know this guy and approve him if he really suit you.”I said in annoyed.

“So overprotective. Don’t worry. He loves me and foods.”she said and started to laugh.

A minute later, came a guy with a short and styled black hair. “Why are you so late youngie ?” the guy asked in a worried tone and he already spreading his arms ready to catch youngie. “Ohh my life is surrounded by overprotective person. He is just like you Chanyeol.”she said looking down at me from the above. That statement make that guy realize my presence on the other side of the wall.

“Ohh hi, Didn’t realize you earlier. By the way, I’m L.joe.”he bow before making his way towards me and stretch out his hands for handshake in between the wall gap.

“Chanyeol, Sooyoung cousin brother.” I said shaking hands with him.

“I appreciate you guys being friendly right now but I have class to attend and not forget I’m still up here.” Sooyoung throw us an annoyed look.

“I bet you have to catch her L.joe. I’m warning you that she’ll break your back.” I said to him.

“She’s that heavy ?” he asked in shocked.

“You’ll never imagined. She just have her breakfast just now and I assume you know how is she when it came to food.”

“Guys, can you chat later. Hunnie, we have class right now.”again sooyoung interrupted us.

“Ahhh okay.” He said in a not confident tone and take a few step backwards and spread his arms.

“I’m going to jump.”she said excitedly and jump towards L.joe. And yeah he manage to catch her. That is unbelievable. Sooyoung get out from L.joe’s hold and make her way to her bag. She slung it on her shoulder and make her way towards the hallway leaving L.joe behind.

“Bro, you okay ?” I asked him when he seems  to be in dazed.

“Woahh, I didn’t know that she’s weight a ton. I think I can’t feel my legs and not forget, my back feels like crashing.”he said still in dazed. I laughed at his reaction. He’s so honest.

“Told you. Hey you have class remember.”

“YAH HUNNIE ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ? CHANYEOL, JUST CHAT LATER WE HAVE CLASS RIGHT NOW !” Sooyoung shout at us.

“Chanyeol, I’ll better get going. Until we meet again later.”he bowed before making his way towards youngie that still waiting at the hallway.

“YAH IM SOOYOUNG ! TAKE CARE OF MY YULLY !”

“I KNOW PARK CHANYEOL !” she waves to me before clinging to L.joe. I glance at my watch, “ Oh , I’m late. Baek definitely going to nag.”I make my way to my car and drove off to the Byun’s house.

 

 

While making their way to class, they saw a girl with long dark brown hair that seems lost in front of the principle room. Being the friendly and talkative person ever, Sooyoung  release L.joe arm and make her way towards the girl.

“Hey, you seems lost. How can I help you ?”she tapped the girl’s shoulder lightly while asking in a friendly tone. The girl turned around and once she saw Sooyoung, her eyes seems like bulging out of it socket. And like a mirror, Sooyoung did just the same like her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What's wrong with Sooyoung ? 

To sum up this chapter, Yulchan and Chanyeol are siblings and something is wrong with Yulchan and their mother. Want to know more about them ? Please anticipate the next chapter.