helping out ;

Be Mine and I'll Be Yours

Kyungsoo’s first couple of classes went by fairly quickly. With only some small complications during science, it was a pretty peaceful morning. And then it was finally time for lunch.

 

He walked through the hallway to the cafeteria, turning the corner where the large glass window was. He was surprised to see Jongin leaning against it.

 

He walked up to the taller male and smiled at him.

 

“Hey, Soo,” Jongin smiled down at Kyungsoo, extending a hand for the other to take.

 

Jongin’s hand was warm in his and Kyungsoo smiled. “Hey, Jongin.”

 

-

 

The pair walked with their hands intertwined all the way to the cafeteria. The line wasn't as long as it had been the day before, and they were sitting down with their food in less than five minutes.

 

Kyungsoo sat down with a pout on his lips. "You didn't have to pay for me again," he muttered, but Jongin caught it and looked over at him, both ignoring an interested Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

"I wanted to, though," Jongin pouted as well.

 

"But you also paid for my food this morning," Kyungsoo frowned. "I want to pay for our stuff next time," after the words came out of his mouth he was blushing, having implied that they would continue whatever it was that was going on between them.

 

Jongin grinned happily, "Next time? Sure, hyung," the younger boy didn't even try to hide his happiness.

 

The two were interrupted by gagging noises and they looked away from each other to their two grossed out friends.

 

"God, you two don't have to rub your relationship in my face! It hurts single guys like myself," Baekhyun groaned, Jongdae nodding in agreement as he had continued to eat his lunch.

 

"W-We're not in a relationship right now!" Kyungsoo was flustered.

 

"Ha! 'Right now' you say. It will happen," Jongdae smirked at them.

 

"Anyways," Kyungsoo turned back to Baekhyun. "It's not our fault you're single. Maybe if you talked to different people you might find someone you actually like." Baekhyun blushed at this, but it surprisingly went unnoticed by his friends. "Wait, I just realized something," Kyungsoo turned to Jongin. "You said something about Chanyeol sitting here. How come he wasn't here yesterday or today?"

 

Jongin frowned. "I'm not too sure. He has mentioned sitting here before, and I've sat with him here before as well. I'm not sure where he's at, maybe in the music department or something." He paused for a moment. "Would you like him to eat with us?"

 

There was something about Jongin's tone. It had changed, not drastically, but Kyungsoo noticed it. Jealousy? Jongin had absolutely no reason to be jealous, and Kyungsoo had to let him know this.

 

"Yeah, he seems nice. And maybe if Baekhyun starts really socializing with him, he may be introduced to new people and Baekhyun can find someone and not be all grumpy about couples," Kyungsoo hoped he had said enough to assure Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo really liked Jongin. The last thing he wanted was Jongin thinking the that he didn't like him.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo was almost asleep when the last bell rang. He stood up and stretched before packing up his things. He left the classroom and went to the gates of the school, where Jongin was standing there with Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Jongdae were nowhere to be seen.

 

Jongin turned and smiled at him once he got there. “Hey, Chanyeol needed to ask you something. That’s why he’s here.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and looked at the other boy who stood there blushing.

 

“U-Uh… it’s about… Baekhyun,” Chanyeol started. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows and nodded for the other to continue. “Um… is he… single?” Chanyeol blushed deeply, looking down at his shoes.

 

Kyungsoo’s mouth formed an ‘o’ and he understood. He then smiled cheerfully, drawing both Chanyeol and Jongin’s attention, for different reasons.

 

“Yeah, Baekhyun’s single. Why do you ask?” Kyungsoo asked teasingly.

 

“I… I like him. A lot,” Chanyeol admitted. “A-And I was hoping that you could kinda… help me.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll help you.”

 

“Thank god!” Jongin groaned. “He was bugging me about it all day today in class.”

 

Jongin,” Chanyeol whined.

 

Kyungsoo laughed, “I’ll get your number from Jongin and text you with something that you can try to make Baekhyun yours, okay?”

 

Chanyeol nodded eagerly, “Thank you so much, Kyungsoo-”

 

“Okay, okay, bye Chanyeol. I’ve gotta walk Kyungsoo home,” Jongin brought an arm around Kyungsoo, leading him away to the direction of his apartment.

 

Chanyeol scoffed playfully, “Couples…” he smiled and turned to walk home, thinking about Baekhyun.

 

 


 

Hey there!

I hope that you support this story. Subscriptons, comments, and upvotes are always appreciated.

Tumblr [x] - Twitter [x] - Ask.fm [x]

-feistyjongin