not so convincing ;

Be Mine and I'll Be Yours

It was silent between Jongin and Kyungsoo as they stood in line waiting to get their food. They were no longer holding hands, they had let go upon entering the cafeteria. They avoided eye contact, more on Kyungsoo’s parts, really, and awkwardly glanced away when caught by the other. Wordlessly, they shuffled closer to the front as the seconds ticked by.

 

Jongin coughed into his fist, before speaking, “So… you don’t usually eat here?” he asked almost shyly.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I used to only sit in the courtyard with--. I’ve never eaten in the cafeteria, no,” he said, looking away at the floor.

 

Jongin frowned sadly since the other wasn’t looking. “It’s fun in the cafeteria. Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Chanyeol sometimes get a little loud as far as I’ve noticed from the times I’ve eaten here, but it is fun.”

 

“Where do you usually eat?” Kyungsoo said, actually facing Jongin now, looking at the taller boy through long lashes.

 

“I usually don’t eat lunch at all. I mostly stay in the dance room with the other dancers and practice,” Jongin chuckled weakly, scratching the back of neck lightly before letting his hand fall down to his side again.

 

“You need to eat, Jongin. You shouldn’t skip meals like that,” Kyungsoo whined softly. “Why aren’t you there today, though? Since that’s usually what you do,” he asked, not wanting the conversation to end as they continued to get closer and closer to the front of the line where the food was.

 

“Jongdae told me that you’d be there,” Jongin smiled shyly down at his shoes.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he looked at the shy boy in front of him. “D-Don't say things like that…”

 

Jongin smiled at the other, seeing the pink color that was creeping its way up  the shorter male’s cheeks.

 

“Go up, hyung,” Jongin softly nudged Kyungsoo up to the counter to get his food, effectively making Kyungsoo feel like his whole being was on fire.

 

“U-Uh…” Kyungsoo muttered unintelligibly, cheeks probably resembling a tomato.

 

As Kyungsoo went through the line getting his food, Jongin was not far behind. Kyungsoo was reaching into his pocket to pull out money to pay for his lunch when Jongin’s arm stretched out across him with money.

 

“That should be enough for both of ours,” he said to the lady they were to pay.

 

“Jongin--” Kyungsoo began but was cut off by the taller male.

 

“There’s Baekhyun and Jongdae. Let’s go, hyung.”

 

Jongin, that slick motherer-- IS HIS HAND ON MY LOWER BACK OH MY IT IS.

Kyungsoo was flustered as he was led to the table his friends were at by a gentle palm settled on his lower back.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo! Hey, Jongin!” Baekhyun smiled cheerfully at the tow as they sat down next to each other.

 

Jongdae smirked at the two, and he opened his mouth to say something but was stopped by hushed chatter.

 

Everyones attention was directed to the entrance of the cafeteria where Hyunsik and that other boy were walking in, holding hands.

 

People were murmuring and looking back and forth between Hyunsik and Kyungsoo and honestly Kyungsoo felt like dying.

 

Hyunsik and the boy he was with paid everyone else no attention and walked forward in the line to get food.

 

The chatter eventually died down and Kyungsoo sighed with relief but also with hurt.

 

“Oh my god he’s such a jerk,” Baekhyun growled.

 

While Baekhyun and Jongdae were looking at Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo shot a glance up at Jongin, whose eyes were glaring down Hyunsik and the boy he was now intimate with.

 

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo put his hand on the tan male’s arm, drawing the other’s attention from them.

 

“Kyungsoo.” Jongin sounded distressed.

 

“It’s okay, Jongin,” Kyungsoo wasn’t even sure who he was trying to convince, him or Jongin?

 
 

 

Hi there!

I hope that you support this story. Subscriptons, comments, and upvotes are always appreciated.

Tumblr [x] - Twitter [x] - Ask.fm [x]

-feistyjongin