VI.

Insentient Senses.

"Let me see." Minseok nudges him over, Chanyeol pushed over to the next chair. "I forgot how terrible your handwriting is." Minseok says, while this time, it is Chanyeol that nudges him on the shoulder, embarassed of his handwriting that all his teachers would always call chicken scratch.

"Alright, let's see here... 'Hello, hi. I noticed that you are always here every other day around the after... afternoon,' Geez, your handwriting is so hard to read, Chanyeol. Anyway. 'I was wondering if there was a song you would like me to play; if there is a request you have... if you don't, it's fine. I hope you have a nice day!'"

As Minseok finishes reading the note he's prepared, he looks upon the older with expectant eyes and a smile, which Minseok doesn't return. Instead, he just gives him a strange glance, that says, what the heck. "This is not only slightly creepy but also sounds like you're terribly insecure about almost everything in your life."

Chanyeol nudges at him again with a frown, this time, a little rougher in the contact.

"I mean. It's cute. It's very you. Not sure why you had to say hello and hi, but other than that... okay there's a lot of things I would have done differently with the note but I'm going to deliver it anyway, considering you took almost the last forty-four minutes writing this one down. Alright, here we go with me as your matchmaker!"

He watches Minseok buzz off too quick with a cup of coffee and his favorite banana bread that Minseok made fresh daily, too fast for him to be able to stop him. He hadn't even decided yet on whether today was the best day -- the writer across the cafe on his usual place by the window looked particuarly annoyed today, and there was a slight fear in Chanyeol that as Minseok stated, that well, he'd come off as a little strange, overstepping boundaries.

When Minseok gets to the table, he immediately turns his back around on the stool chair, eyes on the fervent coffee machine over the counter instead of staring at the writer and Minseok. His fingers drum onto the surface of the counter, his habit of nervousness, while he tries to make out Minseok's reflection in the metallic surface of the machine. Barely able to see anything, he just waits for a while until there's a tap at his shoulder, and he turns to see Minseok with a note in his hand -- not his own, but on a different piece of paper.

"Go on, read it." Minseok gleams as Chanyeol's eyes focus on the perfectly scripted cursive words on the note.

JASON MRAZ - LUCKY 

His fingers grasp onto the note, for a little longer than needed. When his eyes come back up to stare at Minseok, he dumbfoundedly stares, while Minseok laughs. "What are you doing? You're making someone wait."

With Minseok's encouragement, he stumbles over his stool, grasping the counter to pull himself up. Hoping the writer wasn't watching his fall, he picks himself up and grabs at his guitar waiting for him on the side of the stage, climbing onto the stage with his gaze fixed on the floor. Once he's seated up on the stool, he tries to make himself comfortable, arms now over his guitar, familiar with this setting. Everything familiar about the cafe and the stage he sits on, except how much his fingers seemed to tremble, at the fact that he finally had the audience he wanted to play for. Minseok off by the counter turns the stage light on, as he feels the warmth of it beneath. His cheeks and whole body grow a little warmer too, as he finally peers out into the audience to see the writer's eyes on him.

He closes his eyes, takes one breath, then another, exhaling and inhaling until his fingers scrape across the strings of his guitar. He lets them settle where they know to do, beginning to let the guitar speak for him instead. The acoustic sounds soon fill the space of the cafe, as usual, capturing the onlookers' attention, for just a brief moment in their hectic, daily lives. For this moment, he has the attention of the writer too, who watches him ever so carefully, specifically, his fingers strumming the strings. It makes him pluck a wrong chord, which he quickly jumps back from, gradually letting the song continue. When it finishes, he earns a couple of snaps from the audience, a big old grin from Minseok, and a nod and that same lovely smile from the writer.

When he steps down from the stage, he places his guitar back in his case, while reprimanding himself for the mistake and mess up that he normally never had. Then he returns to his seat by the counter, where Minseok slides another note to him. Chanyeol looks up at him in confusion, while Minseok just hums and walks away to retrieve an order from a different table. 

He looks upon the note, eyes widening.

You played so well that I'm a little jealous that everyone else got to hear my personally requested song. But thank you. 
P.S. I've never gotten myself to try banana bread, but now I realize I've been missing out. So, thank you again.
My name is Kris.

Hope to see you around more.