1/1

All I see are stars

“For someone who doesn't do a lot of thinking of himself, I'll do the thinking for you.

You really don't give yourself a lot of credit, then again the credit I give you Isn't enough to describe how much my thoughts consist of just you. Your beauty often mistaken and unfortunately you've given up on a lot. Others might think of billions of flaws to describe you, but to me everything I see are stars and the only flaw I see of you is your thought of youever liking me.”

Yoongi’s long but pragmatic fingers wrapped close to lazily around an almost dripping pen full of ink and also strong emotion. Scribbling what was left of the note, inscribing with an even more sloppy signature, Yoongi tightens the seal on the envelope and waits for the next day to arise.

 

.

 

Walking slow but steady steps, Yoongi makes it to his school in time for the bell to ring to dismiss student to class. Taking a deep breath, to let out some of the anxious feelings in the pit of his stomach, he decides it’s too late to give the note, so he continues to trudge to his first period class and wait for lunch.

 

Yoongi starts to regret the note he had hand written himself in third period. Damning himself for not checking for any spelling or grammar errors before sealing the envelope, and also damning himself for being cheeky and not portraying his true self.

Yoongi dismisses the whole plan to deliver the note and all anxiety washes away.

 

.

 

It’s almost laughable, really.

Yoongi doesn’t even know the kid he’s writing too, well.

He does but also doesn’t. Kim Namjoon, a genius who’s younger but in the same grade as Yoongi, has been telling him all sorts of rumors about a boy named Park Jimin, who’s apparently infatuated with Min Yoongi himself.

But when Yoongi says he doesn’t know this kid, he actually means he doesn’t talk to him.

Park Jimin doesn’t talk to Yoongi either. But that didn't stop Min Yoongi himself to research all there is to know and fall in love. Oh how in love his was. It's was awful really. Jimin was still bullied, and from what he saw at school it seemed as if he didn't love himself as much as he really, really should. Namjoon also told him stories, Hoseok who was very close to Jimin was also close to Namjoon too, and told him everything. (with that big mouth of his) so not only was Yoongi in love, but also worried.

 

.

 

Yoongi has substandard memory, but he remembers certain things.

He remembers, back in grade school a fight that was drawn out, many, many days.

Physical, Mental, and not once did Yoongi decide to step in.

He’d just sit back, and continue on what he was doing at such a young age.

Mentally cringing as he heard cries for help and disgusting words spit at an innocent little boy.

 

.

 

The day Yoongi decided to step in, was a grateful one.

The innocent little boy, cheeks bigger than most likely original, bruised. Blood trickling down falling onto his upper lip. Eyes watery but not one tear fell. His eyes still hopeful.

Three older boys, basically kicking the younger constantly. Not one parental figure or guardian in sight.

Yoongi, still at a young age mind you, shouts, “HEY!”

Knees wobbling, heart pounding, fists clinched until knuckles were almost transparent.

These boys were much older than Yoongi had thought. Older, taller, bigger, scarier. Yoongi was an introverted kid, scrawny, and smaller than most of the kids around his age.

Doing this was a huge leap in his confidence level, or maybe a huge step back.

The three older boys turned to face Yoongi.

“Hey what? Do you wanna get ed up too kid?” one of the older boys said, and the one next to him spit on him, causing all three to laugh in unison.

Yoongi’s anger had risen. No thoughts had entered nor left his mind. He wanted to be the hero, he wanted to save the angelic boy, run away, and have some ice cream. (Of course at that time Yoongi was only in 5th grade, now he’d pick a much more romantic place, like... a high class ice cream shop!)

Though, the odds of him making it out alive were very low.

Yoongi lifted his right fist, face plastered red, words almost exploding from his tongue until he heard a soft voice from behind it all.

“excuse me, but it’s alright! These boys are just playing a game with me! Don’t worry yourself with me!” The definite smaller boy looked at Yoongi with worry and concern, leaving the last word with a forced wink.

Yoongi pretended to play it off, an idea sparking in his head. “Oh alright then,” backing off, almost turning away.

The three older boys spoke, “Yeah that’s right, we’re just playing with him is all” nauseating laughter again, spilling from their mouths.

“Come on Jimin, lets have some more fun,” a thud and a short whimper came shortly after.

Infuriated once again, Yoongi quietly picked up a tree branch from the ground and charged at the older boys. Hitting the middle one in the head, nearly making him fall over. The boy- Jimin, was no longer the main focus.

Yoongi backing away from fear, was forcefully grabbed and thrown against the wall Jimin was at. Before the older boys could hit Yoongi though, he whispered to Jimin, “It’s alright, go home, okay?” and genuinely winked. Not even a millisecond later Yoongi was now the one getting hit on and Jimin scattered away.

 

Yoongi honestly didn’t know what happened after that millisecond. He had been woken up, still in the same spot but sitting up straight, and a cool towel being pushed up against his new founded wounds.

Jimin was the first thing Yoongi saw. bandages, medicine, water bottles, you name it, he had it. Jimin’s voice extremely high pitched, squeaked in Yoongi’s ear, “Good morning!” Yoongi slightly chuckled, feeling the pain everywhere. “Hey kid, or should I say ‘doctor’ What time is it?”

Jimin checked his watch that he didn’t have on his wrist and predicted the time. “Well I had to go all the way home and come back so maybe thirty minutes before everything happened?”

Yoongi gave a gummy smile that no one ever really saw. “Alright kiddo well enough playing doctor, I have to get home. You should get home too. Also, don’t worry about those bullies, my mom’s pretty strict on the school board so she’ll handle them.”

Jimin’s face lit up. Stuttering he almost mouthed, “t-thank you a lot. can i ask for your n-name?”

Yoongi got up and brushed his blood soaked jeans, “the names min yoongi, i’ll catch you around”

and Yoongi just walked off.

 

.

 

Yoongi’s mom later found the wounds and the school board handled it. No more bullies for Park Jimin. Yoongi wished he could’ve done it earlier really. Yoongi couldn’t keep his mind off of Jimin though, he was basically the purest angel on earth. But Yoongi dismissed his feelings as he didn’t really understand and continued with his life. They both went to the same elementary, middle and now- high school.

But not once did Jimin nor did Yoongi pick up the courage to talk to eachother. Yoongi felt as if it was time now.

If he hadn’t backed out every day for the past two weeks.

Hey, he was trying at least.

 

.

 

When Yoongi got home, he ripped open the sealed envelope and re read the note to find no errors in it at all.

“What the I literally could’ve just given this to him I’m a ing ” Yoongi hops onto his bed and contemplates life for an hour or two.

Leaving his indent he’s made in his sheet, he scrambles through some minimalist things and finds another clean, cut envelope. This time scribbling a small heart in what seemed like the middle. Sealing the envelope, Yoongi lays on his bed, resembling how he looked not too long ago, and takes a nap.  

 

.

 

The next day, Yoongi decides, he’s going to dress more nicer than usual. Putting time into his outfit and hair, he decides today is definetly the day, and no one was going to stop him.

Wearing tight, black jeans and a white t-shirt obviously too big for him, he throws a beanie over his black hair and head out the door.

 

.

 

Yoongi made it to school actually early, anxiety building up again. He was just going to slip the note in Jimin’s locker but, he had no idea where that was and he felt more obliged to speak some words to him anyways.

Not only two seconds later of Yoongi ALMOST backing out, he locks eyes with the younger boy himself. Yoongi awkwardly smiling and mentally facepalming.

Jimin politely smiled and moved to his locker. Yoongi, who almost didn’t realize he was leaning against the wall like some cool kid, pushed himself toward Jimin, finally encountering him once again.

“Hey” Yoongi says stupidly, another mental facepalm.

“Uhh hey,” Jimin says obviously flustered standing next to a boy who he’s had a crush on for far too long.

Yoongi clears his throat, still a little nervous and sounds almost robotic, “Listen, I kinda heard some things from some people and, i made you a note”

Jimin stares blankly at Yoongi, anticipating something.

Yoongi whispers ‘’ under his breath when he realized, after a good few seconds that he didn’t hand the note over, and with that he finally did.

Jimin’s emotions rise as he doesn’t know what could be in this letter. It could be filled with rejection, or worse. But he keeps his head held high.

Yoongi leaves, knees wobbling just like before, but not for the same reasons.

 

.