Her View

Fleeting

Author's Note

Okay... i'm always a fan of Kim So Eun and I seriously love her with Kim Bum. I will always be a Bumsso Shipper and i have written too many and still writing fanfics about them. But that doesn't mean that I won't like her being paired with someone else. I have watched We Got Married because of her and watching them is a like a breath of fresh air. She isn't the Kim So Eun that was always being tagged her and I love it. I love the fact that she isn't the girly, innocent-type of woman. That she isn't the damsel in distress. 

This fiction, has been lingering on my mind for quite sometime. Because i do wonder what she might be thinking receiving all the attention from her virtual husband. I, for one, felt that i might get burdened by his attention (not in a bad way, seriously, i like that guy) and i admired Kim So Eun for being able to handle that. I guess, i wanted to place myself on her shoes and ask myself what she might be thinking.

So here it is... my take on SoLim Couple.

~~~

Kim So Eun's POV

Am I superficial? This question has lingered from my mind since I started the show called “We Got Married”. Asking me as to whom I want to meet… I readily described my ideal type.  Single eye-lid, broad shoulders, looks good when he smiles.

 

But… who does not really look at face value?

~~~

“Nugu-ya?!”

 

I was speechless meeting my virtual husband, Song Jae Rim, for the first time. The moment he asked me who I am, I know from the start that he is not your average man.

~~~

 

I looked at the ring lying on my table. I picked it up and started looking closely through it.

 

SoLim 9.11.14

 

Our official couple name has been carefully engraved, along with the date that we first met. As expected from my husband, he is very detailed.

 

But… what does he expects from me?

 

~~~

 

“Couple bracelet? No… he already gave me one.”

 

“Couple phone case? But we are using different phones.”

 

“Couple jackets? Too tacky. And most of our outfits are sponsored. Argh, Kim So Eun, be creative!”

 

Thinking of what to give him… I felt frustrated. I am not as detailed as him, I’m not even as showy as him… but I wanted to express both my gratitude and guilt since he is coming with me in Turkey, like I suggested.

 

“What’s your perfume?” Suddenly, I was reminded of that day when he asked me about that. Couple perfume?

 

I smiled. Couple perfume, it is.

 

~~~

 

Sometimes, I feel burdened with how much showy he is. Not because I hate it but because I’m afraid that I’m showing him less than he deserved.

 

Is this still a show? Oftentimes, I wonder what is this really all about. Every day, the line between virtual and reality is getting thinner in my eyes. And every day, I grew more and more afraid of my thoughts.

 

He showers me with his full attention and care. I tried to keep up but he always came so fast.

 

~~~

 

Watching him singing while flipping each pages that contains our memories together… overflowing emotions burst inside me.

 

This man… his attention… do I really deserve it?

 

~~~

 

Each meeting that we have… every fortnight… we grew more and more comfortable. I became accustomed with his strong antics and I learned to counter his attacks with my own. He blushes… he laughs.

 

I just woke up realizing that I love the sound of his laugh. As what he said before… I also felt that whenever I make him laugh, it’s as if I have a purpose in this world.

 

But I am lacking… I am always lacking.

 

I couldn’t equal his efforts… he had set a standard that is way too high.  Even though I took two steps at a time… he is always a step ahead.

 

I’m afraid that I will let him down.

 

And I did.

~~~

 

“Honestly, you don’t have to be sorry to me.”

 

“If you’re okay, the so am I”

 

“I wanted to be her shield.”

 

“I love everything I know about you, I trust everything I don’t.”

~~~

Hearing those words from him, insecurities threatened to eat me up again. But... do I really deserve it?

 

I once again played with the ring that he gave me. The ring, which he had slaved for. His effort and his heart are written all over this ring.

 

Looking through it, I’ve had enough.

 

I need answers.

 

~~~

 

“So Eun-ah…” I asked him to be at the airport going to Jeju-do, two hours earlier than our call time.  I was sitting on the waiting area when he came.

 

I stood up and look at him straight. His eyes met mine and he smiled… I know from there that he knows what I’m going to ask.

 

It almost took me forever to gather my thoughts… I wanted to ask him a lot of questions. But all I could think of is that one question.

 

“Why?”

 

He laughed and tap my head fondly.

 

He took my hand… the one with our couple ring… and the he aligned our palms. Our wedding rings together… blinding my eyes.

 

“We made a vow remember? You and me… me and you. For better or for worse.”

 

I laughed at his silliness; my eyes are blurry from the tears that are threatening to fall.

 

“I believe in fate… and I knew that there’s a reason why I’ve met you. Soulmate… I remember you mentioned that you wanted to meet your soulmate. I may be your soulmate, I may be not. But for now, you got me. I will be the temporary placeholder of that title until he comes. I will be your protector, your oppa, your husband… your everything.”

 

I bowed my head, trying to hold the tears. “But I don’t deserve it…”

 

He laughed heartily and then he playfully hit my head. He then held my chin so I can look at him. “Love is not earned… it is freely given. It is not forced… it is not even measured. Who are we to say what we deserve and what we don’t?” He winked at me and I smiled.

 

“You are no damsel in distress, So Eun-ah. That’s one thing I learned about you. You fight, you’re brutally honest, and you speak your mind. And me… I’m no prince charming, like what people had perceived me to be. I have my flaws... you also have. Yet we accept it. That’s what makes us a unique couple right?”

 

Couple… I always like the sound of that.

 

I looked at him and that overflowing emotions that I felt in Turkey before, transpired to me once more, albeit more intense.


I’m done thinking… I’m done analyzing… I’m done putting restraints on what I should do and what I should not do.

 

I tiptoed and pressed my lips on his.

 

That fleeting moment… I am not Kim So Eun, the wife and he is not Song Jae Rim, the husband.

 

But at that moment… we were just Kim So Eun and Song Jae Rim.

 

End