02`

Bittersweet Coffee

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” 
―Jess C. Scott, The Intern 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a cloudy, snowy morning at the cafe where Jiyeon worked at, as it was the middle of December. It had been days like this that made the cafe  packed; full of people crowding at tables, browsing on their laptop, or just chatting amongst the people they were with, all hiding from the cold. Within her vision of field, she had spotted someone, none other than Myungsoo walking through the door, all covered in flakes of snow. Frowning upon not being able to hold a conversation with him at this time, she continued to patiently wait until the cafe cleared up a bit, hoping he would still be there until then.

Hours have passed, and the cafe had started becoming emptier the closer it came to closing, until there was only one person in sight. It was Myungsoo, who still had his laptop open, and in front of him was the same  an almost empty cup of cappuccino latte espresso, and minus the usual slice of green tea cake.  Minhyuk, her manager, had left a little earlier to meet up with his girlfriend, and oh, how great it would be to have a lover.

"Excuse me, Miss. May I ask what time you will be getting off work?" A deep voice could be heard from across the room.

"In a bit, Myungsoo," she giggled and quietly made her way toward him. "All right, now shoo, shoo. I've got to put up these chairs and close the cafe. It will be quite fine if you would patiently wait outside for me, Mr. Kim." she said as he nodded while laughing, then made his way out the door. She had finished everything needed to be done in the cafe and went out to lock up.

"It seems as though you're finally done, so please allow me to take you out for dinner, " he smiled as  they both made their way to a restaurant. Only silence was heard until Myungsoo finally spoke up. "So, it seems as though you did not reply to my text message last night. Did you fall asleep?" He tilted his head and gave a slight pout.

Cute, she thought. This was definitely a first for Jiyeon, since all she ever witnessed from Myungsoo was his niceness, so it was an incredible moment to be able to see a different side to the always quiet him.

"You're quite right about that. I had completely dozed off the moment I stepped foot into my house, but I'm not working tomorrow so I will finally be able to relax." She answered as she slowly leaned back in her chair .

"So I presume you're not going to be busy tomorrow, correct?" He asked while finishing his food. "I know this may seem a bit odd, but, how would you like to come over to my house tomorrow? I'll gladly cook you dinner while you're there. Heck, you could even help me put up my Christmas tree." He chuckled and grinned as he saw her happily accept that offer. Afterwards, they finished dinner and proceeded to head home.

Although Jiyeon was puzzled as to what it was about him that made her want to spend more and more time with him, all that mattered to her was that she was able to slowly learn more about him and was able to stay close to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm not dead. I deeply apologize for not updating any of my stories, but hey, I'm making progress!

I seemed to have lost all my files leading to my stories that I've typed, so I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I'm improvising! I can assure you that I will be continuing "You're My Nerd" and "Bittersweet Coffee" though. 

Once again, I apologize for being on haitus for so long, and I apologize if none of my stories make any sense, or are short and terrible, I'm trying my best, though. Anyways, hope you guys like it.