'01

Bittersweet Coffee

“I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.” 
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Jiyeon, would you mind closing up the cafe for me? I've got to go-" the boy said as he was cut off.

"It's all right, I understand Minhyuk, go ahead and go meet your girlfriend," she chuckled as she began to clear the tables.

"Thanks, you're the best," he sheepishly rubbed his neck and waved goodbye to her as he slowly vanished from the cafe's door with his umbrella.

This was just like any other day for Jiyeon. She often stayed back at the cafe that she worked at until closing since her manager occasionally left early to go meet up with his girlfriend. She enjoyed the pace and quiet that filled the cafe during rainy days it gave off a bittersweet feeling especially on those kind of days, but she didn't mind. The cafe was never too busy, there were many regulars that came every so often. But out of everyone that came by, she had interest in only one man.  He came every two days, and would order the same each time a cup of cappuccino latte espresso and a slice of green tea cake. It seemed as though he preferred the bittersweet taste over any other. Though he would stay for a couple of hours at the cafe, he normally wouldn't speak much during those times. There have only been a few times where a  conversation was able to hold up, that is, until customers came to the front to pay.

After closing up, she stood by the door as she watched the rain continue to  pour outside. For some reason, the atmosphere gave her a bit of a nostalgic feeling. She sighed as she put up her hood and stepped foot out of the cafe and made her way home.

"Will you look at that, a pretty lady shouldn't be wandering late at night alone in the rain, now should she?" A voice of a man came from behind her. She chuckled as she turned around to be face to face with him.

"Well, it's nice to be meeting you again, isn't it, Myungsoo?" She smiled Myungsoo, the guy who had caught her interest the first day he arrived at the cafe, as he carried his laptop to the table right after ordering. It had been a while since she last saw him, until now.

He chuckled as he opened his umbrella and hovered it over both of them. "Now if you will, please allow me to keep you company for a while until you reach your house," he said as they made their way back. It was a quiet walk back, both attempting to break up the silence only to have spoken up at the same time resulting in a burst of laughter echoing through the empty streets they walked on. Myungsoo had never been that talkative and open to begin with, but Jiyeon felt safe when she was with him. She didn't exactly know why she felt this way, all she knew was that whenever she was with him, she treasured every single minute. As they approached reached her house, she turned to him and smiled and thanked him.

"It was nice seeing you again, though it was a short time. It would be nice if I had your number though, don't you think so, Miss Park? he slyly smiled as he held out his phone and handed it to her.

"I would be glad to give my number to you, Mr. Kim," she chuckled as she reached for his phone and entered her number and handed it back to him. "Now, I will see you tomorrow at the cafe, I mean, won't I?" she gave him a soft smile as he nodded and smiled back while taking off. She looked forward to going to work tomorrow knowing that he was going to be there, and made her way into the house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------