Final

Best friends or maybe more...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh" Jungkook groaned when he heard his phone ringing. His hand lazily moved to the nightstand as he tried to find the phone and grab it with his still sleepy and closed eyes. When he finally managed to get it he brushed over the 'answer' option on the screen.

"Hello?" He answered his voice groggy from sleep.

"Jungkook?! Where are you? We're going to be late!" He moved the phone further due to the other person's shouting before bringing it closer again.

"Taehyung? What do you mean by we're going to be late? Why are you calling me?"

"W-What do I mean? Yah Kookie it's 7:30 already! We'll be late for school!" Jungkook gasped. ! He overslept. He immediately got up and rushed to the bathroom. Not even 10 minutes passed before he came out and started dressing up in such a hurry that he even managed to earn himself a few bruises from bumping into objects on his way. On the other side an impatient Taehyung was waiting outside in front of the house. They always walked to school together since they were neighbors. Actually Jungkook's and Taehyung's parents have been friends for ages. They all met in high school and became best friends there. The four friends (their parents) decided to find a place where they could live next to each other. In 1997 on September 1st Taehyung was born, then a couple months later Jungkook on 30th December. From that day on their friendship started and grew stronger and stronger as years passed.

"Finally you're here" Taehyung said as he saw the familiar figure running to him.

"Oh God I'm so sorry Tae. I totally forgot it's Monday today" Jungkook said while still catching his breath. 

"Seriously? You forgot what day it is? Oh my gosh Kookie!" Taehyung burst out laughing.

"Yah don't laugh" A faint blush tainted Jungkook's cheeks from embarrassment. Taehyung stopped laughing.

"Yah? Did you just 'yah' at your Hyung? Taehyung muttered looking at his friend.

"Oh come on. You're just a couple months older" Jungkook shrugged it off and yelped when Taehyung suddenly pulled him into a headlock.

"Ok! Ok! Hyung! I'll call you Hyung from now on just please let me go. Jebal (please) Hyung!" Taehyung responded with a proud smile before letting the younger finally go.

"Good" 

(Their school)

None of them had any idea how they managed to arrive in school on time. They arrived perfectly 5 minutes before the bell rang. Soon the teacher walked in and all the students returned to their places.

"Good morning class" The teacher greeted them and the students responded the same afterwards sitting again. The lesson started.

"Now I would like you to give me the essays that were for today" Whines sounded through the classroom. Taehyung brushed his hand through his hair furiously. ! He forgot. Then he felt Jungkook shake him (they were seatmates) and hand him something. His eyes widened when he saw a sheet of paper with writings on it.

"Kookie!" He exclaimed as quietly as he could so the teacher wouldn't hear him. "You're my savior" Jungkook smiled and just shrugged.

"I knew that you would forget to write the essay Hyung so I wrote two. You don't have to worry about the teacher suspecting that we copied from each other. I wrote the other differently. Also since our handwriting is very alike I doubt the teacher will figure out that it's me who wrote it". As Jungkook continued talking Taehyung's eyes started sparkling from admirement. His friend was amazing! How did he even think of that? Taehyung could never find a better friend than Jungkook. So that's what you call a true friend. true and forever lasting friendship huh?

"Kookie you're a genius" Taehyung said as he threw himself on the other and hugged him tightly forgetting about the lesson. The hug caught Jungkook completely off guard and he let out a squeak unfortunately gaining not only the teacher's but also the whole class's attention.     

"Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung what are you doing right now?!" The teacher's loud and stern voice boomed through the entire room. 

"Ah we-" Before Jungkook could answer the bell rang. The students placed their essays on the teacher's desk beofre leaving the classroom for the break.

Time passed fast and before Jungkook and Taehyung knew they were having their last lesson for today.

"Ok boys today we'll play football. Please divide into to teams" Taehyung started walking towards Jungkook ready to team up with him when the man interjected.

"Jungkook and Taehyung will be the leaders" 

"But Seonsaegnim (teacher) me and Jungkook are always in the same team" Taehyung whined obviously not happy with the teacher's decision.

"Oh come on Taehyung. You can be apart one time can't you? You're acting like a couple that can't live without each other even for a second" With pouts on their faces the two friends separated. Jungkook on the left side of the court and Taehyung on the right side. They started playing. Jungkook and Taehyung were one of the best soccer players in the school so it ended with them alone trying to get the ball one from each other. Jungkook was running at full speed with the ball in front of his legs skillfully moving it around but then Taehyung appeared out from nowhere and surprised Jungkook causing them to trip over themselves and fall. When Taehyung opened his eyes he realized he was on Jungkook. Their faces only inches from each other. Their hearts suddenly started pounding furiously as both boys gulped down their saliva heavily. Taehyung didn't know why but staring at those lips that belonged to the person underneath him caused him to move closer. Jungkook had the same feeling. When he saw the older move closer to him he didn't even flinch. He just stared at the handsome face that got closer and closer and closer...

"Hey! Are you two alright?!" One of the players shouted. Jungkoook was the first to break out of the strange trance signaling the other to stand up too. Taehyung got the signal and immediately got off Jungkook still half in daze. What was that feeling? What was he just trying to do? Did he maybe try to... kiss his younger friend? After both of them finally stood up the atmosphere turned somehow awkward. It was only after they were walking home that they finally talked to each other again. That night Taehyung and Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about that situation at the court both thinking what would have happened if their classmate wouldn't have interrupted them.  

A couple of days later...

It was Friday today. Taehyung and Jungkook decided to have a sleepover at Taehyung's house. Regarding the incident that happened on Monday everything seemed to come back to normal. 

"Ah I love Fridays" Taehyung said happily. Jungkook chuckled.

"Who doesn't Hyung? How about we buy snacks for the movie?" Jungkook asked. They planned to make a movie night during the sleepover. 

"Hm? That's a good idea" Taehyung agreed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter