Chapter 2

Alone

Her eyes fluttered open. Damn! So it definitely hadn’t just been a dream. was so dry the only noise she could make was a rasp. Suho was in the room with her, slumped in a chair to the right of the couch she was on. When he heard her, he sat up and smiled brightly.

“How are we feeling?” he asked. “Oh, here.” He added handing her a glass of water. After she finished drinking, she sat cross-legged under the blanket and spoke.

“What happened?”

“Uh well, you collapsed on the floor again, and you’ve been asleep for the past 33 hours.” He said carefully, scanning your expression.

“That long?”

“Yeah we were taking turns watching you.”

“In case I started wielding a knife?” She replied, wanly. Suho looked confused by her flat smile. She shook herself. First things first, she needed to know what was happening.

“Where am I?”

“In Gangnam, Seoul.”

“South Korea?”

“Yes.”

“But I can’t speak Korean! That’ll be a problem.” She chewed on her lip in thought.

“Uh Miss, you are speaking Korean.” She looked at his confused expression with a similarly bewildered one.

“I’m not sure what languages I speak,” she thought aloud. “I’m really speaking Korean right now?”

He nodded slowly.

“Huh. Wait. Why did you let me stay here for 2 days?” She pressed her back in to the couch to create more distance between them.

“We couldn’t just throw you onto the street.” He said frowning. “Do you have family we can contact? What’s your name?”

“I…..” she racked her memory. She found nothing but her memories of this strange situation, beginning from that sharp pain in her rear. “I don’t know. Sorry. Can’t remember anything.”

Suho observed her dark skin and frizzy hair. “You don’t look Korean. Do you think you speak English?” Suho asked. “Kyungsoo!” He shouted and a nervous looking boy in an apron poked his head out of the kitchen.

“Is everybody listening in from the kitchen?” Suho asked. Kyungsoo nodded and cast an anxious glance her way.

He spoke a sentence in English and she answered back without missing a beat.

“Was that English? I didn’t hear a difference to what I’m speaking now.” The boys looked at her in surprise. Was she joking? What did she mean?

Lay stepped forward and spoke to her. He asked about where she was from. She told him angrily that she didn’t know and asking multiple times would not change the answer.

“No way.”

“Did she just..?”

“Hyung that was Mandarin right?”

“What are you talking about?” She asked exasperatedly. “I have only been hearing and speaking one language!”

“I don’t trust her.” Chen stepped forward and crossed his arms, “this could just be an elaborate sasaeng plan. Who knows what she’s going to do.”

The boys synchronously shuddered at their previous encounters with those maniacs that called themselves fans. Sometimes it even made it hard to love regular fans because of the pain some of them caused.

She looked at Chen annoyed.

“We agreed to only let her stay until she woke up.” Another voice piped up. It was a frowning Sehun.

“I know Sehun.” said Suho. He turned back to the girl.

She looked at her hands which were placed in her lap. At their words her heart sank all of a sudden. “It’s not as if I want to stay!” she said, hiding her disappointment.

She stood up, awkwardly and unsteadily hopping off the couch. Avoiding their eyes she ran past them. She stopped, frustrated embarrassment reddening her cheeks.

“Where is the door?” She demanded, with her back still turned to them. She could hear Xiumin laugh until he was elbowed in the ribs by someone.

She felt something soft hit her back.

“Yah!” She swivelled around ready to snap at them. She looked at the bundle of material now lying at her feet. It was a pair of sweatpants. She flushed red again, once again noticing her lack of pants, and quickly pulled them on.

“Door?” She repeated brusquely. It was near impossible to maintain dignity in this ridiculous situation. A few of the boys pointed and she rushed out, slamming it behind her.

* * *

Sehun jumped at the loud bang of the door.

“Did she really just leave?” Lay asked, still shaken up from the events.

“Good going Chen. You just sent a very confused lady out onto the streets of Seoul.”

“Is she going to be alright?” asked Kyungsoo quietly.

“Do you really believe she was a clueless girl, who magically made her way into our dorm?” Chen scoffed defensively.

“Then why would she just leave?” retorted Chanyeol.

“Don’t ask me to explain how sasaengs think!”

“Think about it this way,” said Suho loudly, drowning out the argument. “If she was a sasaeng, she is now going back to her own place. No worries. But,” he paused. “If she was telling the truth and is really all alone, we just drove her out and anything that happens to her will be our fault.”

“What do we do?”

 

 

A/N Feedback would be much appreciated ~^^