Chapter 1

Alone

A sudden pain in her tailbone jolted her into consciousness. The force of the fall left her dizzy and her head surged with heat. She opened her eyes and took in the unfamiliar scene. She was clumsily settled in a smallish room, a dorm of some sort. There were two beds, both in corners, but they looked vastly different.  It was as if there had been a cyclone at the bed to the left, swirling blankets, pillows and clothes in a circular splatter, only narrowly missing the bed on the right and its organised, neat state.

She stared dazedly towards the door and noticed a babble of voices coming from the other side. Her mind snapped into focus. The voices became louder and the panic of unfamiliarity flooded her senses. She wished to hide but her muscles froze, leaving her stiffly rooted to the spot.

The door swung open, and three laughing boys walked in, still deep in their discussion. Upon seeing her, they abruptly stopped and Sehun gave a yell of surprise. She only watched in stunned silence as more curious bodies began to file through the doorway, until ten gaping faces stood in the room, their eyes glued to the spectacle in front of them. Her knobbly knees were sprawled on the carpet and purple-rimmed eyes stared under a mess of short curls. She was wearing only an oversized t-shirt, home brand undies, and a pair of baggy socks.

She blinked rapidly as her mind processed the situation.

“I’m dreaming.” She mumbled and she presented a weak but satisfied smile. She scrunched her eyes shut, and held them that way firmly for a few seconds. When that didn’t work, she pinched the skin of her hands with her nails.

“Auuuua!” Failing again to wake herself again, her eyes widened and her brain searched desperately for an explanation.

“Hyung, is she a sasaeng fan? How did she get in here?” Her attention was brought back to the voices now that her dream theory had fallen through. The boys had begun all talking at once and were now hushed a stern faced Suho.

“Everyone calm down. And no Kyungsoo, do not call the manager. That way we’ll all get blamed.” He stepped towards her and she instinctively flinched. He stopped in his movement and frowned before he slowly knelt down to her level.

“Miss, do you know who I am?” She looked into his eyes and saw the care and sincerity behind them. She shook her head.

“I…I don’t think so,” she managed. She was treading the line between forced collectedness and a natural flight response. “Should I?”

At this, all the boys seemed to sigh in relief. At least she wasn’t a crazy fan.

“I’m Suho,” the boy extended his hand. Hesitantly she took it and he raised her somewhat unsteadily to her feet. All the boy’s statures dwarfed hers, and she stepped back to see them all. Her new perspective restored her some courage.

“Why am I here? And will you quit staring at me!” her speech became progressively louder. Only half of them even attempted to avert their eyes. Her sudden change of temper only heightened their curiosity.

“Your guess is as good as ours, love.” Kai replied with a coy smirk. She scowled at him. She wasn’t too fond of being called ‘love’ by a stranger. She opened to retort but Suho got there first.

“Kai stop being a flirt.”

The scowl stayed fixed on her features as her eyes wandered over their faces in suspicion. She placed her hands on her hips stubbornly.

“I’m sorry I can’t take her seriously without trousers on.” Xiumin remarked, snorting into his hand.

“Xiumin!” reprimanded Suho with a glare.

 “Eeep!” She looked down horrified that she was indeed missing pants. She picked up a blanket that was under her feet and wrapped it haphazardly around her waist. She regained her composure and raised her voice.

“I demand to know..” A sharp pain coursed through her body causing her to tense. Nine pairs of tentative eyes followed her as she swayed, black spots filling her vision and she once again fell to the floor, this time unconscious. She did not feel the net of arms that reached out toward her to break her fall.

* * *

“Why do I have to be the one watching her?”

“Because, Chen,” Baekhyun explained. “You’re the only one of us that can afford the time right now.”

“She had better wake up soon.” Chen said irritably.

 

A/N: Thankyou so much for reading this. Please comment and tell me what you thought.