Fuel to Flame

Fuel to Flame

It’s about a minute after the director shouts cut when Kibum feels a sudden shift in the atmosphere. It takes him a second to figure out what doesn’t feel quite right but much longer to observe if he’s actually right about his feeling. After a few discreet glances, Kibum confirms his suspicion.

Minho is looking at him.

In fact, his eyes have been on him for a good five minutes already. Kibum may love it when Minho showers him with attention but he doesn’t like it like this; Not with Minho looking way too amused for Kibum’s liking. 

There have been moments when he just suddenly smiles to himself and it’s that creepy smile which Kibum detests because everything about that doesn’t bode well for him at all. Kibum wants to ignore Minho and act oblivious, assuming that Minho is just amused by his getup as a hot redhead in pretty clothes complete with high heels and fake s. However, with a number of scenes still left to film for their VCR, Kibum knows he has to do something about it to keep himself sane for the rest of the shoot.

They’re standing to one side and waiting for the next set to be ready when Kibum finally confronts Minho once they are left by themselves. Jinki has gone off in search for food while Jonghyun and Taemin are being fussed over by their stylists for messing with their wigs too much. Without speaking, Kibum simply turns towards the nerd for the day and gives him a hard stare. Minho smiles in return and moves closer so he can casually put his arm around Kibum’s shoulders.

“Are you feeling better now?” Minho says in a volume only the two of them can hear.

“About what?” Kibum easily falls into Minho’s trap as he raises an eyebrow in question.

“My kiss with Sulli.” Minho replies with a smirk and purposely leans down to speak close to Kibum’s ear, “I didn’t know you were so pissed about that.”

Kibum instantly shrugs Minho’s arm off and creates a distance between them.

“What makes you think I am?!” Kibum huffs, both annoyed and offended, as he tries to keep his volume low without attracting unnecessary attention.

“Your reaction just now?” Minho chuckles, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you react this strongly to anything before.”

Kibum rolls his eyes, “That’s called acting, Minho… something you’re not really good at.”

Minho only laughs more.

“Hate to break it to you, Bum, but neither are you.” Minho says before he glances at the side of his arm and begins rubbing it as if he’s trying to soothe some sort of pain, “I think I may have a bruise already.”

Taking a step towards Minho, Kibum can’t hide his worry and confusion as he asks with concern, “What happened?”

“You don’t remember?” Minho honestly isn’t surprised at Kibum’s cluelessness since he had been so engrossed in his acting earlier, “You were pinching me so hard just now like you were trying to punish me for kissing someone else.”

“Was I?” Kibum has his doubts especially since Minho is wearing a long sleeved plaid shirt.

Minho nods, “You’ll see it, I’m sure it has been recorded.”

Knowing Minho has no reason to lie, Kibum falls silent and looks away.

“It’s alright, Kibum.” Minho smiles, patting Kibum’s shoulder, “I understand… it’s good that you could vent out your frustration. I don’t want you bottling your feelings up. I worry about you, you know? If you’re jealous, just-”

“Don’t push it, Choi Minho.” Kibum grits his teeth as he cuts Minho off, “Unless you want another bruise on your other arm, you better stop being so smug about this.”

“Does this mean that whip of yours will make another appearance tonight if I continue provoking you?” Minho asks with fake innocence, trying his best to resist a smile but obviously failing horribly as his lips curl in a broad smile.

Kibum takes one look at a grinning Minho and decisively walks away before he truly loses his temper in public. Sometimes, Minho thinks it’s funny to be so infuriatingly defiant.

But it’s fine, Kibum thinks to himself, he’ll just have to discipline Minho and teach him a lesson in obedience when they get back to the dorm later.